cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Well Shirls, one thing I learned in the military is always be prepared!  I like doing my own reconnaissance - not that I don't trust the fairies but have to verify, you know.  And the red phone is safely tucked in my... wait, which pocket did I tuck it in?

It's Wednesday and I'm ready for Saturday already.  Because this week Saturday is my Friday.  I hate working long weeks - be glad when I'm all caught up.

I used to have a Shar Pei named Muffin - she hated everyone except dh and me.  People used to say "oh how cute" and I'd tell them she really didn't like people and not to try to pet her and they'd do the "oh, all dogs love me" while reaching down and Muffy would snarl like she was going to take their arm off.  Why don't people listen?  She never actually bit anyone and if you gave her time she would generally come around, but she could make some scary noises!

Having good weather and I'm behind on getting my tomatoes in - maybe do that Sunday.  It could happen.

And off I go!

twist - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 331 of 3,155
latest reply

I understand about liking to do things yourself.  That way you know for sure things get done right.  At some point in time though, you can't do all things and must be able to delegate.

A six day work week.  You will just be able to turn around and go back to work on Monday.  Hope you get those tomaters in as it is June already.  But does your season start a bit later there?

We may have some stormy weather tonight.  Sky has looked 'funny' all day and it is blowing something in.  Very muggy and oppressive out there.  Trimmed the huge spirea we have this morning.  Took an hour and half just to do that, but it does look better.  I wait until it is finished with blooming.  Got this one from a nursery.  Things we got from there seem to grow big, ha!  I don't mind doing that sort of stuff except for when I think someone else ought to be doing itSmiley LOL

Mitzi the old Siamese knew when a person did not like her.  She would pest them all the more.  Jump from behind onto something beside them and make them jump.

Have a good one today!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 332 of 3,155
latest reply

Fairy&scout.JPG

This fairy has her own little scout.  I'm told it has a sting.  The fairy has eyes that mesmerize the enemy.  Makes them feel loco.

Message 333 of 3,155
latest reply

Fairy&dust.JPG

This one has been known to practice sorcery.  She has a vial of the potent fairy dust.  She is capable of mesmerization as well and is able to give the enemy a liberal dusting.  The grimrucks will be senseless and won't know what is coming next.

Smiley LOL  too much.

Message 334 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the fairies!  And yes, I know I can't do it all but delegation is sometimes hard even to the super competant fairies!

Yeah, the 'maters should have gone in about 3 weeks ago but, oh well.  We'll see how they do.  See what happens when I delegate?  Kind of like pruning.

We've actually had nice weather - not too warm and nice breezes going.  Supposed to get rain next week.  I like it when we get a few days of rain, clears things up.

I haven't had time to go look.  Is Ebay experiencing "technical difficulties" and not moving the boards or did they change the plan?  Not that I'm complaining!

Off I go and for some reason this reminded me of the last bonfire buzzing!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 335 of 3,155
latest reply

{{Rootie}} I am pretty sure I know what you mean.

These 2 fairies are top notch in what they do; in fact the other fairies must be kept away from these 2.

I love the last 2 kittehs of the day.

Was on the puter last night thinking we had escaped any type of storm and the next think I knew lightening was intense and getting too close for comfort.  Then I heard the tornado warning sirens go off.  Since this city was hit hard by an EF-4 several years back, they are pretty jumpy.  I put on the TV to catch any advisories.  Seemed we were just barely in the clear, so did not make the dash for the basement.  It is amazing the storm tracking can get right down to which street the 'nado is heading.  Far better than when I was a kid in the mid-west and only could go on sight.  At night that was of no use.  Mom was a good detector though.  One night she stuck her nose out the door, came in shut the door and told everyone to get downstairs "Now"!!  We no sooner got down there and you could hear all nether regions break loose.  When the storm had suddenly shut down; no wind, no rain, hardly any lightening, just a weird 'quiet', she poked her head out.  Said she was unable to get her breath and that was how she knew. (she had also been through one as a child).  Anyway, we did get a good rain out of the deal and hardly any wind.  The lightening was feirce though.

Humid, but not so warm today.  Had uneventful grocery shopping morning.  I am noticing the meat prices really going up. 

Does it pay to even go look?  I mean, are there ever any answers or information?  Guess, just keep posting till the large lady sings which is fine by me.

Ha!  Should have a good bonfire again as soon as stuff gets dried out.  Not only trimmed that spirea yesterday, but also some tree limbs that were hanging too low.  When we have the next bonfire buzz, will let you knowSmiley Very Happy

Message 336 of 3,155
latest reply

Please give me some of that catnip!!!!!!!

Message 337 of 3,155
latest reply

Thanks Shirls - I knew you'd understand!

Let me know if we need to relocate the fairies to a safer place - I think I know where to go.

Sounds like crazy weather - we don't get many thunderstorms and I kind of miss them.  Notice I said "kind of".

Running late this morning - go figure.

and sorry, out of catnip but maybe this little guy will share his stash with you.

Funny-Animals-friday-Happy-Friday - Copy.jpg

Message 338 of 3,155
latest reply

I think we may be going on a little trip pretty soon, Rootie!  Next time you come in, we may be 'over there'.  May have to change some settings once we get there though.  See ya on the flip side!

I didn't see the little devil cape on the kitteh at first!!  Haha!!  We all may need a nip of that.  I really need to get an email sent, LOL.

Message 339 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, that was rather painless. Just clicked my heels a few times and rearranged how ebay set it up and boom! And yes, kittens with devil's capes solve everything!

Message 340 of 3,155
latest reply

I thought he looked rather good with his little devil cape and horns! 

Went to work this am, got tons done and am now watching the game and doing laundry.  Planning bbq'd pork chops and pasta salad for dinner.  Yum.

Gorgeous weather today - 75 with a nice breeze.  Dh got the lilacs cut back - short lilac season this year.

I'm thinking a nap after the game might be good.  I'm tired.

what-is-this-morning - Copy.jpg

Message 341 of 3,155
latest reply

I was tired this morning.  Up kind of lateSmiley Embarassed but just can't seem to be able to sleep in.  I remember when being young, if you stayed up late, you could sleep late.  Not the case anymore.  Wake up the same time regardless and get out of bed as I see no sense in just lying there wishing to go back to sleep.

Cut the ivy back this morning and see the shrubs are going to need it next.

We had pizza tonight.  BBQ pork chops sound good though.  I used to love fried pork chops.  Also liked fried potatoes, but all that fried goodies has gone out the door with both of us having this cholesterol issue.  I know pizza is not good for it either, but it is something we don't eat several times a week either.

Had a brief rain this afternoon.  Was a quick storm passing through I guess.  Wind blew and had just a bit of pea size hail.  Glad for another rain as that meant another night not having to do any watering, yay!!

Saw in the news there were 4 dead pups found in a house yesterday.   2 per cage and were already decomposing.  No one in the house, but the house was  in 'deplorable' condition.  Workers wearing masks due to odor.  A huge connex type of container was used to put all the rubbish in.  Reminded me of some of the hoarder shows I have seen.  Seems to be a long story behind the whole incident.

Message 342 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm with you - I wish I could sleep in but it just never happens.  If I'm lucky I get a nap later in the day.  Used to be I could sleep until 10 or 11 but I haven't done that in years.

Pizza sounds good too.  We don't eat it often but I like a really good pizza.  I like fried potatos too.  Don't eat those much either.  But every once in awhile a good breakfast for dinner is awesome!  Hm... now I want fried eggs and 'taters.  I think meatloaf is on the menu for tomorrow night.

That is just sad about the dogs.  What the hell is wrong with people?

I'm tired tonight - go figure.  Was going to do some flower bed clean up but I guess that will wait until tomorrow.  Did get the laundry done though - yeah me!

The fairies told me they were doing some recon tonight - I'll be interested to hear the report since the next gathering is come up soon (maybe).

Message 343 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Shirls, Did I miss the update on the injured little birdie?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 344 of 3,155
latest reply

Such gorgeous weather we're having!  75 with a nice breeze and sunny - couldn't ask for better.  May be eating on the patio tonight.

Work, work, work, work, work... and then, some more work!

So glad I took today off to get rest.  I see Monday rearing it's head already.

Message 345 of 3,155
latest reply