cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayer Request Thread

All are welcome to the Prayer Request Thread!

If you have a prayer request, please post.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 1 of 9,910
latest reply
9,909 REPLIES 9,909

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Pearl Harbor: after the tours have gone.
What a tribute

Lord,
I ask you to be with all my friends now.
I believe you will hear this prayer it is from my heart.
I have faith in you to heal my friends.
Nourish them in their time of suffering and comfort them with your presence.
. . . Amen . . .  photo thmysign.jpg
Message 8341 of 9,910
latest reply

Good morning, Everyone and Happy Saturday. 

A couple of prayer requests:  Judy, our choir director's wife, has just been diagnosed with throat cancer and will be starting treatment soon.   Also, it looks like I'll be going back to my doctor as the antibiotic I've been using for the infection in my left eye hasn't taken care of the problem (still itching and watery). 

On the happy side, hubby and I are celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary today.   He wants to take me out to dinner this evening. 

Message 8342 of 9,910
latest reply

OMGosh....

Thank you for posting this.... Very helpful !!!

And thank you so much for the kind words Mr. Roy !!! I'm very Proud of my Boy's, I know I've done at least 2 things right in my Life and they both call me 'Mom' . . .  TYJ

Love you Bunches . . . .

P.S. Cameron and I would really like your Phone # So if you could inbox me on FB Please, He wants to Call you!!!! ♥

Message 8343 of 9,910
latest reply

Kathy,

I do not Facebook much and I am not sure how to send you a secure message on it. Please email me and I will give it to you. It is still the same number I have talked to you with before.

I have some (art of the past) warior things Cameron may like. He enjoyed the other things so well.

Love Ya

Roy

Lord,
Message 8344 of 9,910
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Another day of rain! It has been raining here for almost two weeks. We did need water but enough is enough?

How is everyone doing?

I bought a Dragon speech system for my computer so disappointed it does not work? They did offer to sell me another one! But like I told them why would I purchase another that probably would not work either? My typing is so slow and I have so much to say I wish to write a book of my life's adventures, problems, good, bad and stories that are great for me to remember and tell about.

Maybe there is another system out there that will do? It is supposed to turn your words into text.

My garden did just so so I wanted to grow a lot more than I was able to. I had problems with Grasshoppers then Raccoon's they both eat far more than their share. The dang Raccoon's would pull the corn stalk down and eat only part of a ear of corn and then do the same thing again? The Grasshoppers eat all of the leaves & only left sticks on some of my potatoes! Good I did not have much problem with the deer they are a browsers and prefer the abundance of other things that grow all around here.

Love to All

Roy

Lord,
Message 8345 of 9,910
latest reply

I don’t wish to be Everything to Everyone,
But I would like to be Something to Someone. For while some people have a shoulder to cry on It is the destiny of others that they must cry alone we should always remember to themselves no one is just another person.

Touch gently the Life of your fellow man for the human heart shapes as easily as clay upon the potter’s wheel.

Our path is a little clearer our steps are a little lighter and we appear a little taller when we walk beside someone we Love.

The pain we feel when someone leaves our life is in direct proportion to the joy they bring while a part of our life for a few moments
In my Life the PRT has at times made me feel as if I truly meant
Something to Someone

Lord,
Message 8346 of 9,910
latest reply

When I was young my Grandfather grew cotton as well as having a dairy and by the age of four or five I was ready to help out with some of the farming duties. The day arrived when I was to go to the field and “chop” cotton along with other family. Now I had heard about chopping cotton but had never really paid any attention and didn’t know how it was actually done. Because I was always too busy playing and having fun.

When we arrived at the field my mother assigned a row of cotton to me. The cotton plants were still small, planted in rows stretching a half-mile. I began literally chopping cotton and had cleared out about twenty feet of the plants when my mother grabbed me. It was a definite surprise to me but chopping cotton didn’t mean chopping cotton, it really meant hoeing out the weeds around the cotton plants.

We can become caught up in our own lives and our own agendas to the extent that it causes misunderstandings. Someone meaning well tells us one thing and we interpret it as meaning something else. We think we’re “chopping cotton” but actually we may be destroying the crop. In Philippians 2:4 the Bible says, “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” The NIV translates it as; “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”

To keep from destroying the crop of spiritual growth in the lives of other Christians we must look beyond ourselves and consider what is best for them.

Lord,
Message 8347 of 9,910
latest reply

Well! Look at all this wonderful conversation going on! LOVE IT!!

And there's our dear Kathy! What a joy you always are on here! I'm so proud of Cody & you too, & excited about the new baby coming!!

Diane, happy 39th!! Wow! Did you have fun going out? Praying for your requests.

Roy man, I just love seeing you enjoy yourself on here! Hey, not "too many words", but, "too much for my eyes". So just know I don't mean to ignore those longer posts. I adore YOU!!

Carole, praying for requests & praising God about Darlene! Pastor Chuck keeps going strong no matter what he goes thru. His life is such an example of Gods great love, mercy & grace!! Love you Carol!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 8348 of 9,910
latest reply

When things go wrong as they sometimes will; When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high; And you want to smile, but you have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit - Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out; The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are; It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit - It’s when things go wrong that you mustn’t quit.

Here is one mans story. He never quit.

http://www.greatamericans.com/video/Portraits-of-Valor-Roy-Benavide         

Roy Benavidez

Born August 5 1935

Died November 29 1998

May he rest in peace

Lord,
Message 8349 of 9,910
latest reply

Here is another link if that one did not work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oUtJxE4sjs

Lord,
Message 8350 of 9,910
latest reply

Update on Pastor Chuck:
One of his lungs had collapsed, the doctors had done a treatment that had restored it, and then yesterday it collapsed again. The doctors don't have anything proposed to do at this point. But God, He has a plan.

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.

For you
Message 8351 of 9,910
latest reply

Roy -- I am feeling well. I go to the doctor this week. I'm on a strict diet as well as exercise routine. I have stage 4 cancer, but trusting Jesus for His will in my life.

Diane -- Prayers for Judy and for your eye. Congratulations on your 39th anniversary!!

Roxie -- Thank you for the update on Pastor Chuck. God has a plan. Bill and I are praying.

Roy -- I enjoyed hearing about your garden. My Dad grew a wonderful garden. Bill's Grandpa had a garden with HUGE vegetables -- his land had great soil. I have trouble maintaing a house plant.

Prayer Request:

Prayers for our friend-Jesse -- marital problems.

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 8352 of 9,910
latest reply

Carole dear, so happy you are "feeling" well!! Amazing God!! Prayers for Jesse & the marital problems.

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.

For you
Message 8353 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request:

Katie, my 12 year old granddaughter, must speak to a court representative today re: custody and schooling. She is a Christian.

Message 8354 of 9,910
latest reply

Roy -- So good to see your posts. Prayers continue for you and your garden. It reminds me of the Bible parable about the wheat and weeds.

Diane -- Praying for your eye. Prayers continue for Judy.

Roxie -- Thank you for your prayers. 

All are welcome to offer up prayers and give prayer requests. 

Message 8355 of 9,910
latest reply