cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayer Request Thread

All are welcome to the Prayer Request Thread!

If you have a prayer request, please post.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 1 of 9,910
latest reply
9,909 REPLIES 9,909

Prayer Request Thread

Photobucket

Good morning everyone!

Audrey - Such pretty pics! I love snow as long as I don't have to go out in it. It was so nice speaking with you.

This was a depressing morning. I got my SSD check and paid all the bills I could and am left with $37 for gas, food and pet food.:-(

I have a phone appointment with DHS tomorrow morning at 8:45am to see if they can help with something.

I should get another check in a few days that will finish off the necessary bills and that leaves me with $6.:-(

Praying that God will make a way for us. I know He will. I have plenty of stuff in the pantry and freezer, but we still need to regularly purchase perishables.

Gotta get busy!

Have a wonderful day!
 photo 2296388f-feb1-48d2-9555-475e062b3333.jpg
To Everything, There is a Season...
Message 2 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Photobucket

Cry Out to Jesus
Third Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVxRl5bc4Y

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith and love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

When your lonely (when you're lonely)
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight
Message 3 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Hiya Lyn I read how you are doing. I guess they are health checks and medications you are having to pay for which leaves such limited funds for necessities.
I believe the Lord doesn`t want us to go into debt of course I know that some have experienced some terrible events that have caused unforeseen bill. I mean He expects careful stewardship of our monies and then we mayapproach Him in prayer to rescue us from falling into debt.

Try again for bigger photographs as they as good.

Message 4 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Audrey - Those pics are lovely. I try to make my money go as far as possible and our only debt is our mortgage, utilities, insurance, taxes and necessities. We have nothing on credit. I will know more tomorrow. I thought my phone appointment was today, but it is tomorrow morning.
Message 5 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Afternoon . :the grey areas in life is what someone stopped me the other day and talked about..Other than the word of God (some of Pauls Chapters ) i dont know any book that has been written about the Grey Areas in life ,(maybe someone here has -thanks for posting ).Some people think of these things as sin-while others think of them as Christain Liberty.Paul was clear -as for him eating meat offered as scrifice wasnt sin ,but because some did ,we refused to do so.

Thanks for your Prayers - much needed...Have a great Day
Message 6 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Gary - I just went on Bing and typed in Christian gray areas in life and tons of info comes up. This might be what you are seeking.
Message 7 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

redbeachsand
Trailblazer
Gary,

I'm praying for you to know the Father's voice and to be able to hear him through what you are facing.

Love you, Donna
Photobucket
Message 8 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Gary

This is a very interesting subject. The Bible is clear on some subjects; yet, others are not as clear or easy to understand.

Some groups major on the minors, sort of speak, and minor on the majors.

Today our culture and life-style is different than when the Bible was written.

Is there a specific area that you are addressing?

Lynn

Prayers for your financial healing.

It is difficult when the income is not as great as the outgo / needs.

Illness can wreck havoc with any budget.

Bill's illness was devastating in many ways -- financially assuredly!

I was discouraged. What I did was pray for every need and every bill. When I received a blessing no matter how seemingly insignificant, I thanked God and wrote it down in a journal.

What happened is my journal entries grew in quantity and size.

God is faithful. He answers prayers. If we are thankful for little, He knows He can trust us with bigger.

We always gave to others. We did not "give to get" or give leaving our creditors without. We shared with others a portion of what was given to us.

I also kept a computerized journal of what we spent. I noticed an area that we could cut back in. I started taking a sack lunch to work -- significant savings each week.

From what I can understand, more income is needed. You and Ike could assess what your physical limitations are; and what you CAN do with your gifts / talents.

The computer has brought income opportunities in the home. Not an easy fix, but perhaps do-able.

One of our customers, still employed by her company, now does most of her work at home on the computer.

I use to do auction templates and sell them on eBay. I did not make a lot of money, but I did enjoy it. Some people have developed a real talent in this area plus developing logos for small businesses. DD got her first store logo from a person on eBay.

The most important part is PRAYER and trust that God will lead you.

Jan

How are you doing? Blessings on your day.

Adrian

Thank you for touching base. Good to see you. You are missed!

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 9 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Adrian

Congratulations on post #2000!

Audrey

Beautiful photos.

Roger

I enjoyed the names of your grandchildren. Prayers for them and their families as they grow.

Donna

Daniel is correct. Congratulations!

Message 10 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Homesteaders

We are here for you. If you have a prayer request, please let us know. The prayer request can be verbalized or unspoken (God knows the need).

Seven years ago, I saw a need for a Prayer Request Thread. The PRT was started. Sorrowacre was the first to welcome the new thread.

Many joined in, and we have become a family. We welcome you. Visit once, twice, or many times.

Message 11 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Q U E S T I O N :

WHO AM I?

Answer to last question: DANIEL

Congratulations, Donna, on the correct answer!

1. I was a Pharisee, probably rich, and though I became a faithful disciple was apparently timid.

2. At first, I could not see the possibility of rebirth.

3. This, of course, was after I visited Jesus secretly at night.

4. I would not ask Pilate for Jesus' body, but when Joseph of Arimathea did, I stood by ready to help.

WHO AM I?

Message 12 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

"Grace for the Moment", Max Lucado, Jan. 1

I cry out the the LORD;
I pray to the LORD for mercy.
Psalm 142:1

You can talk to God because God listens. Your voice matters in heaven. He takes you very seriously. When you enter His presence, He turns to you to hear your voice. No need to fear that you will be ignored. Even if you stammer or stumble, even if what you have to say impresses no one, it impresses God, and He listens. He listens to the painful plea of the elderly in the rest home. He listens to the gruff confession of the death-row inmate. When the alcoholic begs for mercy, when the spouse seeks guidance, when the businessman steps off the street into the chapel, God listens. Intently. Carefully.

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 13 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

redbeachsand
Trailblazer
Nicodemus
Photobucket
Message 14 of 9,910
latest reply

Prayer Request Thread

Looks like you all had a sweet New Years Eve celebration together!! Wonderful scriptures and gifs posted!!

Lynnie, praying along with everyone, in Jesus' name, that your debt be wiped clean. 🙂 I'm also praying for you that God will lead you, guide you, give you wisdom and amaze you. I'm trying to figure a way to organize my important papers, too. Something that would be easy and "fun" to get to, not a huge chore to dig them out. Todd and I may go to a container store this week-end and look for a filing system that my friend told me about.

Carole, thank you for the beautiful New Year's hope for us! A closer walk with Him, what a beautiful thought! Thank you for sharing your heart with us about Isaiah 43. I love the "journaling" thing! Then when the dark times come, we can always look back and remember that He was with us all along.

Audrey, I'm with you about staying home on New Year's Eve. I had the privilege of spending it with a dear client, and we watched a most wonderful Christian movie and laughed and cried together, then went to bed with Him on our minds. Post 1959, so precious! Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures!

Donna, prayers for Leslie. You are so full of love!

Gary, isn't it wonderful spending time with God in His word!!! You are in my prayers also, dear man, you and your dear wifey. I agree with you about the word of God being very clear, even tho I might not always understand it yet. I believe we need to seek Him in everything and let Him minister the depths of His truth to us. How awesome it is that we are able to do that with GOD! I've heard people say they have the freedom to sin, but I believe we have the freedom NOT to sin, along with the power over it. Sinning is not freedom anyway, it's bondage.

Roger, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Such precious times with little ones coming into our lives!!! I just heard a sermon about the very thing you just talked about... about God loving us no matter, and being proud of us.

ADRIAN! So great to hear from you!!! MISS YOU!!!!!

JIMMY! KATHY! CHRIS! Come.... please, come back.....

Jan, Roy... dear ones! :-x

I haven't heard from my grand daughter lately, about Phylllis.

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 15 of 9,910
latest reply