cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling sports card singles

Hi everyone, I've been selling sports cards on ebay for about one month now, almost entirely singles. The first 300 cards that I listed were in top loaders. Pics of the last 250+ cards I put up were taken on one of those clear plastic easels. I was getting plenty of sales up until a few dats ago and I am starting to realize now that alot of the cards that are up are just players cards that are not popular and or are just priced too high. But I still have plenty of stars and other nice looking cards up. Is it just me, or has it just been real slow for sports card singles sales these past few days? I mean I only had one sale yesterday, on the weekend, when people tend to buy more, nothing else since then. Trying to see if any other sports cards sellers here can share their opinion or insights on this? What am I doing wrong? Should I just take pics of my cards in sleeves, flat on a table or other surface, ir continue to take them on an easel? I have low feedback so far, only 27, all positive. I know that there may have alot to do with it. I also placed all my listings into an ebay store yesterday and I am reorganizing everything into categories by sport to make it look neater, and more convenient for the potential customer. I also just started using the trend analyzer arrow thingy on the top right hand corner when performing searches on my cards before I list, so that I stop just throwing ***t on the wall and hope it sticks. I don't want to go and spend $100 on top loaders and place all my cards that I'd want to put up before they even sell. I mean almost 600 singles listed and no sales since yesterday morning?? Is it maybe because there are alot of high school graduations going on? Summer has just started and people are out traveling more with their families and don't have time for sports cards? Or is it me? Are some of you guys also experiencing low sales these past few days as well? Any tips and pointers on what I may doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Selling sports card singles

Yes, and what's going on in the world right now and when the nightly news threatens us about a recession.

hobbyman58

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I don't think your doing anything wrong. It's just as another person said, the recession might come into play and maybe people are curving spending on this stuff.  Like you said, summer is here and people are traveling and maybe interest in cards have taken a back seat right now. 

You may want to lower prices on some items by 25 to 50 cents each. Maybe this small reduction might bring in some sales.  You could also offer a slightly higher discount when someone buys 10 or more cards.  These are just two ideas I think might make your items more attractive to buyers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No sales are absolutely dreadful.  I continually have around 90k cards listed and nothing is selling.  I even have a sale of 30% off cards $2 or more, 20% off cards that cost $1.50, and for my $.99 cards buy 5 get 2 free and still nothing is selling at all.  It seems that most people that send me offers want 50% or more off the cards and this just isn't possible with all the fees.  I don't claim to be a big time seller but I have never seen it this slow before and I have no idea how to turn it around other than to keep listing and rotating stock.  I am right there with you!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply