cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope top rated seller

I've been a top rated seller for 16 years selling sports cards and I have just recently started using the eBay standard envelope for sports cards. I was at my local post office this morning and was told that none of these items are scanned within 24 hours because they don't have a regular tracking number. I've seen many posts and videos from sellers saying that they have cases brought up against them and they lose their top rated seller status because eBay has no way of tracking these items through the post office and the post office does not scan all of these items within the 24-hour period that eBay requires. Has anyone else been having issues with this and is it really worth it for selling low-end sports cards and losing your top rated seller status. Thank you for any help

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have this issue every month. The delayed shipping knocks always fall off when they do the 30-day report. The only time I've ever had a significant problem with the program was when a buyer complained about not receiving their shipment, and it stayed stuck in transit. I refunded, so it didn't impact me.  I need to file my claim, but we're required to wait 30 days before entering a claim to be made whole.

I've also received eBay shipments that I left positive feedback on, and they never showed as even being shipped, but they were stamped with the eBay postage.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The people at the P.O are clueless when it comes to this service. Everyone that I have mailed with the exception of maybe a few have uploaded in the system in 24 hours and I have been sending them since the beginning. These are scanned through the automated system and I have found it best to not even let a postal clerk see it. I keep mine very unassuming and they blend in with the other letters when I drop them in the outgoing mail. As long as you don't load them up with tape and send them in a regular white envelope and keep them under the required thickness you shouldn't have a lot of problems. I like to be able to flex mine with a toploader inside enough to avoid a clerk from pulling it for being too rigid. My TRS has never been affected even though this service is a ways from being perfect.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Absolutely agree with postal clerks either:

1. Being absolutely clueless about my "eBay branded paperboard mailers w/ ripcord"

-Solicited by eBay 1.5 years ago when they began this shipping method.

or

2. They are treated like a, "red-headed stepchild" (pardon the phrase... my little brother actually has red hair, but my mom swears he is my real brother to my dad)

Meaning, they scan my First Class items, then I watch them simply dump these in a bin that gets zero attention. So there is no acceptance scan at local post office. Like the previous poster stated, My packages can go from California to New York with nothing but a single scan initiated from the sort center in Santa Clarita CA, no "delivered" scan. I had 55 positive feedbacks from items without a delivery scan in 3 month period. Unfortunately, there is a lot of dishonesty. I had over 60 of these simply vanish while in the hands of USPS. I either sent customers duplicate cards out of my pocket, or was forced to reimburse customers for items I was confident they will have received. How to I know dishonesty? Because only 2 were returned to me. One was a bad address, the other was an honest customer who paid to ship my card back and telling me he received both the original and the second package.  Trying to provide a cheaper method for my customers has cost me a lot. I understand there is a way to get reimbursed. I was successful 3 times. Because they make you wait 30 days, it falls off my radar (Back when my business was steady) then I would learn I waited too long. My bad.

But you will find this method works in direct correlation to the honesty of your customers.

The scans are intermittent. You refund your customers in fear of negative feedback. Ebay made this hand-shake of a deal with USPS, yet failed to really inform it's sellers and buyers about how the process worked. When my customers began telling me, "it says delivered, but it isn't here!" It required a lot of "hand-holding" to let them know you will find answers. Ebay was no help whatsoever in providing help. They let us figure it out amongst ourselves. Customers blaming neighbors for stealing, etc... Thanks eBay! I couldn't help but chime in with all of the aggravation, time and expense this program has caused me. Good luck

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This reminds me of when I used to be in appliance sales selling GE appliances, GE's test program for new products where their customers, I am sure that the USPS needs a Kick in the A**, isn't eBay doing anything about these issues?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply