cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate Shipping is No Longer Available

FYI to all who use USPS Regional Rate Boxes.............

Read it here........ https://link.usps.com/2022/12/29/priority-mail-change/

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@hurley_byrd_ias   looks like it still need to be approved by 1/22. thanx for the info.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay has already removed it as a ship option in the "Produce Labels" section of fulfilling orders.  Regional Shipping is no longer available to eBay shippers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You can still print lables using pirateship or paypal, just remember to upload the tracking info. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I think that the USPS goal is to make its prices high enough and options low enough that people will quit using them for anything other than junk mail

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@titipeo wrote:

You can still print lables using pirateship or paypal, just remember to upload the tracking info. 

@titipeo   PayPal doesn't offer labels for the Regional boxes.  But you can still purchase Regional postage through USPS's own Click N Ship.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@titipeo wrote:

@titipeo   PayPal doesn't offer labels for the Regional boxes.  But you can still purchase Regional postage through USPS's own Click N Ship.

@nobody*s_perfect 

@titipeo 

@hurley_byrd_ias 

It's similar on ca. eBay "omits" additional services like Prepaid Expedited Parcels(Flat Rate for Canada - 3 sizes) + Xpresspost mailers for regional & national. Also basic features like shipping tube added fee and signature service, when available. This has been passed on to the tech department for eBay Labels and Shippo but there has been no progress getting it fixed. No problem if you purchase your labels directly through Canadapost. They seem to also be unable to add a working shipping calculator for Fedex and UPS but they suggest offering as options. (Canada)

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You can still ship in regional rate boxes if you have them but the regional rate price is no longer available.

Simply measure the box size, weigh it with your contents and print a regular Priority Mail rate label.

I did that this morning using eBay labels.

I have about 60 regional rate boxes in various sizes to use. USPS is not going to waste all that cardboard and printing by making everyone throw them out.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think USPS wants to get out of the heavier/larger package business and stick to the smaller items that fit in the trucks and are easier for the carriers to deliver.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

You can still ship in regional rate boxes if you have them but the regional rate price is no longer available.....

USPS Regional rates are still in effect. USPS is discontinuing Regional rates on Sunday January 22, and eBay has apparently decided to stop offering this postage ahead of schedule.  You can still purchase Regional postage through other online postage sellers such as Pirateship and USPS Click N Ship. 

USPS has officially stated that starting on January 22, when the Regional postage rates are no longer available, senders can use the Regional boxes but at regular Priority Mal rates, i.e., based on weight and distance.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Regional-Rate-Boxes

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Even with Regional Rate A & B discontinued by USPS, there are still comparable pricing for USPS Priority Mail Cubic rates using a service like Pirate Ship, which charges no monthly or other fees beyond the price of the label.

The USPS Priority Mail Cubic is based on dimensions of the box, not the weight. There is a 20 LB limit to the service, similar to the earlier Regional Rate boxes, and .5 cubic foot limit on the size.

I just tried it and the price was the same or less than a Regional Rate A box would have been using.  Also, I was able to use a Regional Rate box that I still have on hand.

Pirate Ship also integrates with eBay and it will import orders for easy printing and mark the orders as sent and update the order with the tracking number.  Plus, you can save and reuse box / package dimensions for future shipments so it's not necessary to enter box dimensions manually on every shipment.

I'm sure there are other services, like Stamps d o t com, that offer Priority Mail Cubic services, but Stamps seems to have an "enable" the feature, sometimes involves monthly fees, and may limit it to higher volume shippers.

In any case, at least for now, there is an affordable alternative for the USPS Regional Rate shipments through 3rd party shipping services like Pirate Ship.

Example of the shipping rates interface on Pirate Ship for a 10 x 7 x 5 box with 8 lbs from SC to PA.

fixintoscrap_0-1675274642947.png

Message 11 of 11
latest reply