cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Charges!!!

eBay charged the buyer shipping but when I go to print the label they want to charge me the same amount and shipping. I fit everything they bought in a large USPS flat rate box. The rate is cheaper than what eBay charge them so I don't have to pay for shipping how do I print out the label that they already paid for without being charged shipping????

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping Charges!!!

Yep you listed a method for shipping you need to use it. Other wise its an item not as described...

Oh and they pay you< you then pay for shipping..

If using eBay system then the option to pay from pending funds is given on the page.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

When your buyer pays you, he pays you the cost of the item, the SHIPPING FEE and the state sales tax, if any.

You, the seller, then use the SHIPPING FUNDS that you were paid by the buyer to pay the SHIPPING FEE.

If there was state sales tax, eBay deducts that and sends it on to the appropriate state.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You pay for shipping out of the money the buyer paid. Example; sell item for $10 with $12 shipping. Buyer pays you $22. Out of the $22, you buy the shipping label for $12. Leaving $10 before your selling fees.

If the listing was free shipping, you pay the shipping out of the price you sold for. Shipping is not free for you, and eBay does not pay it either. That cost has to be figured into the selling price.

RE the batteries, I suggest that you look at the shipping cost and read up on sending batteries through the USPS. It would be more than the $1 you are charging, they are going to be too thick for just an envelope.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@jenifa817_9 The way it works is the buyer pays your stated shipping rate and eBay sends that money (minus fees) to you- and you use that money to buy a shipping label. Print out the label and pay for it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A shipping label isn't automatically generated when a buyer pays for shipping. The money the buyer paid for shipping is sent to the seller along with the money the buyer paid for the item (minus eBay's FVF fees if you're in MP) and the seller then uses the money paid for shipping to purchase the shipping label. The shipping label can be purchased on eBay. eBay gives sellers a discount on the cost of shipping when they purchase labels through eBay, this is why the amount you're seeing for the label is less than what the buyer paid. Labels can also be purchased directly through the USPS website or on a number of third party websites like Shipscript.

P.S. - If you are in MP and don't have enough money in your available funds (the money that's cleared processing by Ayden but hasn't actually been sent to you yet) eBay allows you to pay for the label from your funds that are still processing. If you have any available funds eBay will use that money first and then dip into your processing funds to cover the difference.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Correction to my earlier post: I meant to say Pirate Ship, not Shipscript. D'oh!!! I had Shipscript on the brain 'cause I was looking into it for a family member this morning.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, this is the scam eBay runs so they can justify charging you fees on shipping (and tax). Shameless...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

That is not exactly true. You can change the shipping to a faster method. Offer Standard First Class  and ship Priority is fine.  Offer Flat Rate Priority envelope but put it in your own envelope and mail it calculated Priority.  OR figure calculated PM and ship it in a flat rate box instead would be fine. Offering UPS and sending it FedEx is okay. 

You can't  downsize to a slower method.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

eBay's Final Value Fee is charged on the item price, the shipping cost and the state sales tax, if any.

eBay fees are clearly explained in more than one location before a seller signs up to sell on eBay.

It's eBay's site, so, actually, they do not need to "justify" their charges.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

eBay continues to disappoint motivated sellers by instituting an endless series of shipping related costs. Challenge eBay to account for double charges to what used to be common shipping costs....the agent with whom I spoke could not adequately explain the double-charged shipping and label printing fees. I sold something for $16 and neted $8.01.  I would have opted to donate the item to a local organization. Likely finished with eBay.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply