cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with PiggyShip?

I sell items on eBay from time to time and became aware recently of PiggyShip. It's a shipping company in El Monte, CA and their largest accounts seem to be the big Chinese vendors (Temu, AliExpress, etc.). I have received maybe a dozen packages with them in the last 24 months and have been happy as an end user.

PiggyShip's rates are indeed lower than the other major carriers. Does anyone else have experience with PiggyShip as a seller? Maybe worth looking into?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have lost packages to this company.  When you call Customer Service the call is forwarded to China. This is not a legit company. Both the BBB and Wells Fargo are currently investigating this company for what is known as a "Package Delivery Fraud."  They seem to be after customer information as a part of a larger scam. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

An order was apparently delivered on New Years day, I thought no delivery company worked on that day, no package was left at my door but when I enter the tracking number I saw a photo of my house taken from the street, I have two security cameras overlooking my front door and entire front yard but there was no screen captures of anyone at my door or even on my yard, I contacted Aliexpress who refuse to refund me as tracking says delivered and gave me three phone numbers to call, two are discontinued and the other says for delivery's press 1 so I do that and it rings for 20 seconds and goes to answer phone, I left a message and never had a return call, my emails were also ignored, then I noticed that Better Business Bureau are investigating them so I left my complaint with them

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@ptidwell The BBB are taking complaints, I left mine with them today about Piggyship as they even took a photo of my house but never left the package, marked as delivered and Aliexpress are refusing a refund because of this

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Never heard of them. I use Pirate Ship with any thing other than media mail. Never had a problem.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

IDK..maybe they got the photo of your house from Google streets snapshot?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I regularly purchase merchandise from Temu and always receive my deliveries the earliest to be expected. I have only had one delayed delivery out of the two dozen plus orders that I've placed. 

That was until last week. I place small orders more frequently just in case something happens to a shipment. and I noticed eight of my small(er) orders all had the same Piggy Ship Tracking Number. Piggy Ship, **bleep** is that?!

Now a consumer doesn't necessarily need to be updated on every flight their package takes, how many customs clearance points it goes through, etc. but Temu's distribution partners give them to you anyway. Well except for Piggy Ship.

Temu took it up on themselves to request tracking updates from the carrier since there had been none for four days. Nothing. I called this Piggy Ship's customer Service number and the mailbox was full. Okay. So I brought it to Temu's attention. Although there are two days left in the delivery window Temu opened a ticket for me, and when they were unable to reach Piggy Ship I was issued a credit and coupon as an apology for the lack of tracking updates.

I'm not expecting to get those packages, but I am confident that Temu will rectify the situation.

I'm wondering if Piggy Ship is actually the distributor(s) or working with the distributor(s) - who never ships anything at all. It seems like a scam to charge people for merchandise on a platform, then never deliver it and have the platform or some insurance compensate for the 'loss'. 

But I don't think that it's going to go well for Piggy Ship messing around with Temu. It's big business and a logistical nightmare on the horizon.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply