cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller approved my return but does not provide a valid return address

Greetings,

A week ago I initiated a return, my return is within the timeframe and seller's listing mentioned that they accept returns.  The seller was initially pushing me to take a partial refund and keep the item instead of sending it back but in the end I insisted that I wanted to return. 

Today I finally recieve the message that 'Seller accepted the return, please send back the item to Seller' but the return address on the return page is literally listed as "THIS IS NOT RETURN ADDRESS, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CORRECT RETURN ADDRESS" instead of an actual street address.

This sounds really suspicious, what I should I do next?

Is there any way to contact eBAY so that I can escalate this dispute to them?

But there is no "Escalate to eBAY" link or button available at all on the order itself or under the return details like there is supposed to be

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller approved my return but does not provide a valid return address

The seller did not provide a return label? His address would be on that, or is this a remorse return where you pay for return shipping?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

this is an item received as damaged

seller did not provide a return label - I got a message from eBAY "seller could not generate return label"

But the seller is overseas though, in Ireland

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thats true, an international seller cannot provide a label. He can Paypal you for the funds to purchase the label. If he does not, on the fourth day after opening your case, a Ask Ebay to Step In button will appear on the return case ,use that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@oasion45,

From what you have written, your seller is either very inexperienced or they are actually a China based seller registered as a business seller in Ireland or U.K. or they drop ship from one.  Attempts to get a buyer to accept usually very low partial refunds is something they do.  They also try to confuse buyers and keep them guessing longe enough for the Money Back Guarantee time frames for taking actions to lapse.   If you post the ebay item number we may be able to tell you which type of seller you are dealing with.

A foreign seller may not be able to directly purchase a return shipping label, but they can have ebay issue one, or reimburse you for the return shipping, once you have purchased a label with tracking, and post the receipt to the dispute. 

My guess is the message about the address not being the correct return one, is them getting you to send the item to a supplier (drop shipper) not their home one, registered on their account. If you do that, you will lose your MBG protections. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply