cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

I'm trying to send my first international shipping thru ebay global shipping.  If someone bids on an item and I accept and they are in another country, does ebay automatically put name of hub on shipping label? And then all I have to do is ship to address on label?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

International Shipping

In theory yes, but it may not be that simple.

I looked at a few of your listings and they do not offer eIS (eBay International Shipping). This is most likely because they're auction format listings. It's very common for eBay to restrict auction format listings from eIS.

Which listing is the buyer interested in? If you post the item number we can check to see if eIS is available.

If eIS is not showing on the listing then no, you cannot ship through eIS.

Does the listing have bids yet? If not, are you willing to list it in fixed price format for the buyer?

P.S. eBay discontinued the Global Shipping Program here in the US, so it might confuse some people to refer to it as "global shipping" - not a big deal, just a helpful tip for making sure you get accurate advice when you ask questions. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

I have one the Barbie City Shopper Turtleneck. The profile says they are from Mexico. 

The Jazz Baby Barbie says China but say they have US shipping address.

You can only eIS if the item is listed as non auction?

How do I get eIS on listed items?

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

You will need to go into your account settings. Click Shipping Preferences and enroll in eBays International Shipping Program.

IMG_0963.jpeg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

@harmanfan wrote:

I have one the Barbie City Shopper Turtleneck. The profile says they are from Mexico. 

The Jazz Baby Barbie says China but say they have US shipping address.

You can only eIS if the item is listed as non auction?

How do I get eIS on listed items?

Those listings do not offer eIS.

It's not as simple as auction vs fixed price. To simplify as much as possible: auctions are restricted from eIS for many sellers, but not all.

I don't see eIS on any of your listings, so either you're not opted in or your listings are not eligible.

The buyer in China with a US address is probably using a US-based freight forwarder. That has nothing to do with eIS and is essentially a domestic transaction even though you may see an international fee on the order.

The buyer in Mexico will need a US address if they want that doll because it already has bids so you won't be ending it and relisting as fixed price. I'd politely tell them that your listing is set up for shipping in the US exclusively and leave it at that. If they really want the doll they will figure out if it's worth the cost for them to use a freight forwarder.

Either that or you can add a direct shipping option to an invoice after the listing ends, but if that happens you don't get any of the eIS protections because you're shipping direct, and you'll have to deal with shipping to Mexico. In my experience, shipping south of the US can be a headache and problematic with package delivery. Not worth the risk.

Also of note: a lot of sellers have had issues with getting dolls through customs in Mexico due to restrictions. You don't want to be dealing with that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply