cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

Thanks for the help. I was responding to the poster, below, who had suggested a possible workaround for listings for which we are not the buyer. In particular, I was hoping it would resolve the "Best Offer" challenge. Unfortunately, it doesn't.  😞

Community Member
|
|

in reply to vital5757
‎03-14-2015 11:46 PM - edited ‎03-14-2015 11:50 PM

If you've already left feedback for the seller, then you won't be able to get to the view purchased item link.  But I think you can use the following for these cases, and even for the cases where people may want to see the actual price of a best offer (though I haven't tried it myself).

Save this link and replace the item number (between = and &) with the item you want to print:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=291516915183&view=all&tid=0

Then copy and paste into browser address bar.  You can even bookmark this address and even if it comes up unknown initially, just double-click on the invalid item number and replace it with the item number you want.

I think this will work in most cases.

Message 151 of 294
latest reply

@*metroretro wrote:

The link provided with my own item number added is not pulling up sold items (not ones I purchased myself) for me at all. I get the message below even though I can still see the item in eBays' sold items search:

"This purchased item information is no longer available.

• There are a number of reasons why this information isn't available. The most common reason is that item details for purchases are not kept for more than 90 days."

No, you still can get any listing in the print format, regardless neither the buyer nor seller, like your winning bid here:

http://i.imgur.com/7ASIIfB.png

Message 152 of 294
latest reply

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=291516915183&view=all&tid=0

Sorry, but I, too, cannot get this to work. I appears to need a long number instead of the "0" at the end that is specific to that item.  I always get:

"This purchased item information is no longer available. ..."

Message 153 of 294
latest reply

Sorry, couldn't edit the post as I wanted to add that this link method is for buyers not sellers, and it doesn't work for revealing best offer.  For that I suggest using going to the original listing and viewing the HTML source.

Message 154 of 294
latest reply

If, I am the buyer, and did a best offer (so there are no other bidders) that was accepted, but then already gave feedback to the seller, how can I get to the viewed purchased items option?

Message 155 of 294
latest reply

@owwing wrote:

If you've already left feedback for the seller, then you won't be able to get to the view purchased item link.... Save this link and replace the item number (between = and &) with the item you want to print:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=291516915183&view=all&tid=0...

I can't get that lnk to work, but the other workaround if you are a buyer  is:  

Go into your purchase history and then under View Order Details, you will see More Actions with a dropdown menu. (Or click on View Order Details at the top of the listing page.) Click on View Paypal Transaction and eBay will assume you had a problem with the item and bring up the item in a small window to the right and will give you the option to View Purchased Item, which brings up the old print screen.

Message 156 of 294
latest reply

@pradikat wrote:

Sorry, but I, too, cannot get this to work. I appears to need a long number instead of the "0" at the end that is specific to that item.  I always get:

"This purchased item information is no longer available. ..."

A listing of your winning bid in print format, as seen by neither the buyer nor seller:

http://i.imgur.com/kga1a8e.png

Message 157 of 294
latest reply

Hafoster:

Please post in detail for us how you are able to get to that print screen on items for which you are neither buyer nor seller -- I think you are on to something! (But please refrain from posting any more of my particular transactions, thanks)

Message 158 of 294
latest reply

hafoster and owwing seem to be the only ones who can get that URL to work. I wonder why.

Message 159 of 294
latest reply

Maybe one of them can outline for us browser being used, operating system, etc.
Message 160 of 294
latest reply

Only works for sold items.  I like to print as I list for my records.

Message 161 of 294
latest reply

eBay is always talking about rules, IRS, etc etc.... They walk this supposed tight line of right and wrong but when it comes to our convenience, they don't care. Back when eBay started in the late 90's, you could tell that they would corner the industry. It was such an amazing way to bring convenience to both buying and selling. There are many things that still infuriate buyers and sellers alike. One is the snipe bidding. Multiple other auction sites will automatically add time t a listing if someone bids with less than an hour. This definitely allows a bidder time to respond if they are working. Not everyone has time to troll around all day. The other headache is the inability to speak to English speaking associates. I don't mean a foreigner with an understanding of our language. But a real American that understands lingo, slang and things that directly effect us here in the US. I spend good money on eBay and I want an employee who understands me and most importantly I need someone that I understand.

This removal of the PRINT option on the item page is a GIGANTIC INCONVENIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to keep records for tax purposes, quality/return issues, etc. Computers are vulnerable to so many issues. hacking, corruption, etc. I enjoy organizing my purchases by categories, etc in a filing cabinet. If I have to go back a few months to review or compare pricing, I can't on eBay because it is removed after so many months. If I want to find a seler who consitently sells an item that I would like another one of a year later, I want to find a copy in my folder(s).

eBay, you know how powerful you are. You know how many billions you make. Why do you do things without asking the community about it first. This to me is just like our current political crisis. Who cares about the people who vote you in, or in this case about the people who keep you going. But WE are eBay. You are the vessel that we sell/buy through. Work for us and not the other way around.

BRING BACK THE PRINT OPTION AND GET US AMERICANS THAT SPEAK ENGLISH.

Message 162 of 294
latest reply

Actually, I think it only works for Purchased items, not Sold items. At least that was my experience just now. Of limited value but useful in that circumstance. 

thanks.

Message 163 of 294
latest reply

Creates a paper trail and eBay hates paper trails. It's better when they can deny and refused something ever existed. Look at this mess now that they call a chat room. The old format was easily searched and organized into categories that you could follow by what you were interested in, not any more. Now, it's just a jumble mass of irrelevant information. Not so good for us, great for eBay.

Message 164 of 294
latest reply

PAPER !!     SAVING  PAPER !!!    I spend half my bl***y life recycling glass(WASHED),cardboard (FLATTENED),CANS (CRUSHED AND WASHED) (inc tin foil) ,plastic ( bags,bottles) (WASHED) and PAPER (FOLDED) and some people come on here and have the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't want to  (actually have no right to )  print , on three bl***y sheets of A4 , the full listing including full size listing photos of the £60-£100  car brochure that I've just bought and paid PP fees etc on ....!! GIVE ME STRENGTH!!  They ought to  get out more.  Really ,  you couldn't make it up.

Oh ...and eBay ...where are YOU in this debate?  NOWHERE ,THAT'S WHERE. It would be easier to get through to the Queen than to get a reasoned answer from anyone at eBay.

GET THE PRINT OPTION BACK ON ....SHARPISH !!!

Message 165 of 294
latest reply