cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

Storm for us, maybe, but I suspect not even a blip on eBay's radar and certainly not an uproar that caused a 2 hour customer service failure.

Nobody but a relatively small handful of us, I suspect, have even noticed that it is gone.

Trust me, though, I feel your pain!

Message 136 of 294
latest reply

Yes, this works!! Thanks so much. You are awesome. Deb

Message 137 of 294
latest reply

I need help. Is View Purchased Item in Purchase History. I need a more detailed description of how to find the print page. I appreciate it. Lot of things going on for me and I can't find it.
Message 138 of 294
latest reply

@jktk1953 wrote:
Is View Purchased Item in Purchase History. I need a more detailed description of how to find the print page.

Does message number 110 posted by notrs*jane on page 6 of this thread give you the info you need? (The message number is found on the bottom of each message to the left of the Kudos box.)

Message 139 of 294
latest reply

I looked at the print option in the 'View Purchaswed item', but it only shows part of the auction details to print.  I like to print the entire auction with all the print and pictures.  I am trying to get a response from Ebay.  Not sure how to do it.

Message 140 of 294
latest reply

@temens wrote:

I looked at the print option in the 'View Purchaswed item', but it only shows part of the auction details to print.  I like to print the entire auction with all the print and pictures. ...

It's all there; scroll down. Make sure that you've checked off all 3 boxes at the top of the window:

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 1.48.50 PM.png

Message 141 of 294
latest reply

Thank you, thank you. A perfect walk-through. Doesn't it figure that what once took 1 step now takes 5!

Message 142 of 294
latest reply

Just in case someone from Ebay is actually looking at these posts from good, revenue creating customers:

PUT BACK THE PRINT BUTTON!!

Ok so there is a work around. Should we need to take 5 or 6 steps to do something that once took 1 step? Answer: NO!

Fix it.

Message 143 of 294
latest reply

The story that I got from Ebay Customer Service was that they removed this feature because less than .001% used it.

Message 144 of 294
latest reply

The story that I got from Ebay Customer Service was that they removed this feature because less than .001% used it
Message 145 of 294
latest reply

If you've already left feedback for the seller, then you won't be able to get to the view purchased item link.  But I think you can use the following for these cases, and even for the cases where people may want to see the actual price of a best offer (though I haven't tried it myself).

Save this link and replace the item number (between = and &) with the item you want to print:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=291516915183&view=all&tid=0

Then copy and paste into browser address bar.  You can even bookmark this address and even if it comes up unknown initially, just double-click on the invalid item number and replace it with the item number you want.

I think this will work in most cases.

Message 146 of 294
latest reply

The link provided with my own item number added is not pulling up sold items (not ones I purchased myself) for me at all. I get the message below even though I can still see the item in eBays' sold items search:

"This purchased item information is no longer available.

• There are a number of reasons why this information isn't available. The most common reason is that item details for purchases are not kept for more than 90 days."
Message 147 of 294
latest reply

Once again, for after you have left feedback on a purchased item... when looking at the listing page (original or not), click on either the number of bids link or the number sold link. On the new page to the right is a link to More Actions. Clicking on that link will give you the View Purchased Items option.

Message 148 of 294
latest reply

Once again, I am not looking to print items I myself have purchased. . .
Message 149 of 294
latest reply

Once again, I see your point. LOL. Unfortunately, this thread has established that unless it is a completed transaction that you were involved in, there is no print function to be found. It just seems so stupid. Maybe between the input on the boards here and the Tell Us What You Think links, they will get the idea. Everything is bean-counter driven on ebay. 

Message 150 of 294
latest reply