cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Packing Slip print function &^$@@

Is anyone else unhappy about having to purchase a shipping label before being able to print a packing slip .. seems kinda %$ backward to me ..  My shipping process has ALWAYS been to print a packing slip first to verify that I am packing the correct item AND to include the packing slip INSIDE my interior packaging .. Obviously someone who has never actually shipped an item decided that this new way was better .. first time venting ..lol

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: New Packing Slip print function &^$@@

@stretchingdabudget wrote:

the amount of paper it uses is twice the size (I cut my packing sheets down to save on postage)

Yes! I do this as well, and if I have any orders that have more than one item, it no longer fits because of all the unnecessary bloat on the page. 

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

I realize someone posted this info upthread, but I wanted to add a visual for anybody that finds it helpful. You can still print a packing slip from the Hub Orders page without having to first purchase a shipping label.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord

Find the order and select "print packing slip and more" from the actions drop-down.

order-actions.png

To any seller that does not like the packing slip format because it's too long / too many pages on large orders compared to the apparently retired format:

When you generate a packing slip from the "print packing slip and more" option on the Hub Orders page, there's a small link on the lower left of the pop-up window that says "tell us what you think" which pulls up a form that goes directly to the product developers.

They do read those comments and I suggest submitting your FB about the length of these less compact slips if it's negatively impacting your business.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Add my displeasure to the changed Packing Slip Page.

For me it is worse. It changed for me on Thursday on both of my accounts. 

Now my printer does not print the Packing Slip or the Shipping Label.

The printer goes thru the motions of printing but the page remains blank.

Nothing prints on the page.

Other items like my own documents, or if I copy and paste and image of the shipping label will print for me,  so it is not the printer. (but doing it this way, the barcode came out blurry)

I canceled the purchased labels and will have to go to the Post Office Friday and purchase labels there.

And there is no one to contact at eBay until Friday morning.

EDIT Using latest FIREFOX Browser. Also tried on Microsoft EDGE, same result, labels do not print.

I filled out the 'survey' from the Hub Orders page.

We'll see if they contact me about it.

Very frustrating.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Haven't sold anything for quite a while so NO, I have not seen the new process. But it sounds stupid. Packing slip first, then the shipping label is the right way to go,

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I'm with you.  eBAY should not try to fix what's not broken.  Any SELLER that has multiple sales per day must add time to their schedule for picking, packing and posting.  NOT AN IMPROVEMENT eBAY!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

There were two options for "packing slips" available--the shortened one that was printable from the "Ship Your Order" page (and what I included with every item) and the longer packing slip that is still available from the Actions listed in the far left on the "Manage orders awaiting shipment" page.

From what I can tell, they have totally taken away the shortened packing slip, which is what I printed and used to pull sold items out of inventory and then included with every package. I told the customer rep the same thing--obviously it was an "improvement" designed by someone who has never shipped anything before.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Yep, this is my problem. If someone orders 40 cards from, which is pretty common, I have to print 6 pages of invoices. So annoying!!! 

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Same for me. I regularly get buyers that buy 40 items so now I have to print 6 pages of invoices instead of a one page packing slip. Unreal

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Update - so now eBay has added a "Print Packing Slip" button to the order details page. Guessing they think this "fixes" the problem they created with the reccent change. TRIED IT - DOESN'T WORK FOR ME ... AS THERE IS NO OPTION WITH THAT "BUTTON" TO REMOVE MOONETARY INFORMATION FROM PACKING SHEET.  I do not wish the monetary information included on a packing sheet. So, to have a packing sheet without monetary information - I must wait until AFTER the label has been purchased and select "ITEM IS A GIFT" - Again, the folks at eBay have not thought this through from the seller's perspective - it seems they are making randowm adjustments to a system that was NOT broken. Double GRRR

Oh ... for those of us who do not use Sellers Hub (sorry eBay you assume we all do and we all don't) - the Manage Orders Page information is useless. Sigh....

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Oh....and another thing -- why would the buyer be interested in my sales record number? I MISS THE OLD PACKING SHEET FORMAT!! Please bring it back

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Hey everyone! The Shipping team wanted to share the following:

“Thank you for the report. The print packing slip functionality has been restored to the front page of the label purchase flow. You can also print packing slips from the Orders tab in Seller Hub by selecting ‘print packing slip and more’ from the dropdown menu on the left side of the order details”

Devon,
eBay
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

BUT - It's NOT the same old one we used to print from there. All they've done is add the new stupid packing slip from the SH drop down to the old link location.

You still have to check 'it's a gift' each time to remove the pricing and it STILL takes up more space. 

Also now it doesn't have the seller's userID

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

The issue isn't when you can print... The "new improved" packing slip wastes both time and paper. Please return the original "bare bones" packing slip.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Thank you

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

devon@ebay 

You might like to ask them why they decided they'll have it print a STORE name rather than the old way of the UserID, so that now if you don't have a store it doesn't print a UserID either.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 30 of 31
latest reply