cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with selecting eBay Standard Envelope

Not sure if it's just me, but eBay won't let me select envelope shipping even though the buyer selected it and that my weight/dimensions are within requirements (1 oz, 4x7x1).

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Issues with selecting eBay Standard Envelope

My guess it is connected to the trading card category changes.

I have a post card order to ship and the option is still there for me.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Me too!  I called and was told to cancel all my items with bids and end all the rest of my listings.  ALL 364 for them 

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

They didn’t offer to reimburse me. They just told me to wait it out and see if it got fixed but I had to ship by tomorrow regardless..... ugh.  I don’t want to end them all as a precaution and relist. Ugh this is not fun.  I will hold on to the last minute.....

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Ditto to what's said above. Using the Standard Envelope has been encouraged and promoted. Selling a sports card for $3 dollars, then having to pay $3.50 for a shipping label is not cool. Especially under the expectation that it must be shipped out within a time frame in which the issue will likely still not be resolved.

I don't want to wait (and ask) for reimbursement for shipping labels and shouldn't have to. I already have to wait for payments on my items sold. There's an announcement section in every seller's overview, this information couldn't have been relayed to sellers earlier so we had ample time to prepare?

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

I’m also, still, having similar issues. Has anyone had any luck?

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Nope, not yet. Still not giving me an option to use the standard label. And since I am top-rated, I have to ship within 1 business day, so this sh*t better be taken care of by tomorrow. I'm not going to take a hit because ebay can't update something on their end. Apparently they have told people it won't affect their top-rated status, but it's ebay, so who knows what to believe.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

if you use the other options expect no refunds ,  your best off waiting

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Seems like they changed trading card categories and eBay standard envelope service only available for some trading card categories. New trading card categories are not in it. Hope they can resolved the issue quickly.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

Typical eBay high fees "Zero"  customer service.  Standard Shipping isn't working, can't even find a legit number to call. The old Sports Card categories were perfect had all the different sports broken out and now one category, what a bunch of simpletons . Most 10 year old's can write better code. I guess we know why the programmers are working for eBay and not Apple or Microsoft.....

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Same problem here. Thank you for posting this. I am still somewhat new to selling on Ebay and thought I was going to have to go through my entire active selling list and change shipping details.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

the cards I sold last night after the debacle all let me select standard envelope shipping.  It is only the cards sold prior to the changing of the classifications that are stuck in limbo.  I only had one so I went ahead and shipped it first class just to get it cleared.  Ebay mentioned refunding the difference so I will call back today and hopefully get that shipping credited to my account.  Seems to be good moving forward now.   

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Glad I found this, same issue here.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Same here. My Card that sold last night let me print label also. My cards I sold the day before will not let me print the label.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

We are in the same boat here-Called yesterday and they tried to tell me I used the wrong category, been doing this 20 years pretty sure I have the right category. We have several orders pending and offer free shipping so we can't afford first class Arrrggg! Plus new item specifics AGAIN really redundant. GOOD LUCK

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Funny how managed payments are forced upon us and seem to work with only minor problems here and there.  But let's change the entire way sports trading cards are sold and eff everything up.  

Message 30 of 36
latest reply