cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any sellers experienced that USPS Priority being cheaper than Ground Advantage?

Item shipping to Cali from Nevada; with all 'shipping options' shown, Priority was $7.20 and GA was $8.50. My items are only shipped one way (no options for buyers and all are Free Shipping). This particular item was listed as GA. I went Priority because it's faster (sometimes) and cheaper.

Anyone else run into this??

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Have any sellers experienced that USPS Priority being cheaper than Ground Advantage?

I noticed it, its cheaper for the buyer to use GA but sellers get a better discount using priority

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I occasionally notice it, usually with the price points you mention and of course I go with the lower cost priority. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

I noticed it, its cheaper for the buyer to use GA but sellers get a better discount using priority

@tsme35 even with Free Shipping (buyer doesn't 'choose', nor do they pay)

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Top rated sellers still get an additional discount on Priority.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Wow this blows my mind!

Thanks for bringing it to my (our) attention.

You would think that under ANY circumstances that PM would not be cheaper than GA?

And I was just thinking to myself last night how I love it when I can still ship packages over 1 lb. via GA.

Prior to GA anything over 1 lb. I would have to ship PM. 

But now you're saying that PM might be cheaper!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

So far, I've only found priority cheaper for single zone small cubic rate box. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

It's a sweet deal for the buyer when you ship Priority instead of Ground Advantage. And it also saves you money. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Ground Advantage has rates which were the First Class Parcel Rate for under 1 lb and Parcel Select Rates for over 1 lb.

Parcel select was cheaper than priority under a few circumstances, and a bit more than priority on most.

So you are correct, but this is not something new. People now notice this because in the past, few used Parcel Select.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

True, I use calculated shipping, I noticed it the 1st week when I compared rates. Also, if I use GA for anything over a 16 oz, I'd have to use my own boxes and not a priority box.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

In the past priority and parcel select were often on par for close shipments. Of course on these shipments there is no air shipping involved to increase the cost

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Yes. And it is even cheaper on PS than on ebay.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Yes  I ship all GA with an Option for Priority to be Chosen.  I Ship from the East Coast and most in my Zone Priority is typically a buck cheaper than GA.   

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Prior to GA anything over 1 LB  I could ship parcel select.   Maybe since your in Hawaii you did not have this option?

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

A buck Cheaper if over 1LB

Message 15 of 25
latest reply