cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Holidays USPS with ripping off customers

USPS increase their rates in holiday season and instead giving people happiness with discount in holiday season they ripped off everyone who pay tax and then USPS run on our tax money and now USPS announcing on ebay happy holidays with discount rates now after almost happy holiday season is getting over because they already ripped it off, thank you USPS for nothing.  ebay should stop promoting these carriers as they are already expensive and bring their own carrier service. are you going to bring any economical carrier service? if not then do not forget nokia story.

carriers are same lobby who increase 3 times rates a year and killing small businesses and there is no check and balance.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

USPS is run on Tax money?      News to me.    I thought they were self funded.   

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

USPS is like scorpion even if you feed it it will still sting you back. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

USPS is not run by tax dollars and they do not increase rates during the holidays, they have to get congress approval to change rates, I’m not saying they are the cheapest way to go but, it’s the other shippers that increase rates during the holidays, do your research! 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

USPS did add a holiday surcharge this year.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The increase is to cover the cost of the losses incurred thru the sheer number of flat rate boxes used as sheet wrapping and box stuffing instead of their actual purpose, among other reasons.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

This is my second year of selling here on eBay and unfortunately, this is the 2nd year that I know that they DID raise their shipping rates. That makes 3 times this year that they've raised their rates. I can't take many more raises, it's really cutting into my profits.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

you Look like a USPS employee here to defend USPS, they increased rates 3 times a year, just don't say anything if you are not sure off . if you are employee of USPS then its different story.  wait few days more and there would be new notification from ebay about increasing of USPS rates. USPS run on our tax money, its govt entity and govt run on tax. what you think money coming from golden tree lol

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Buyers buying from ANY website are going to PAY the increases. So, why does it matter to a seller?

20 to 60 years ago, there was alot MORE junk mail being sent. Now, they just send 'junk' via email. 

More packages-less mail. 

Harder to deal with packages, take up more space, carrier can carry less pieces etc. Coupled with increase in labor, gasoline, insurances etc.

It only makes sense that prices go up. 

After all, prices go up on everything anyway.

A cheap graphic T at Walmart was $5 just 2 years ago; now they are $7. That is a 40% increase in just 2 years.

A BigMac was $2.99 in 2020; now they are $6.99 (a 120% increase)

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

USPS is not funded by tax dollars. They are governed by the government though. And every increase is always well publicized. At least for me, USPS has been doing a phenomenal job.  Priority, parcel select ground, first class package and media mail all getting to zone 8 and delivered in 2 or 3 days. Can't beat that. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Know what you mean, inflation is roaring! The tea that I drink went from $4.99 a 12 pack to $7.99! A 32 ounce jar a of mayo went from $3.89 to $5.99! In 10/2022, we paid $.14 a kilowatt hour for our power, we now pay $.27 a kilowatt hour, and we have done nothing different but our power bill almost doubled. As more and more people demand and are getting raises prices are going to continue to rise. As more and more power goes green and the drive to all electric continues, prices are going to keep rising.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Do my tax dollars pay for the Postal Service?

No, the Postal Service is generally self-funded. This means that no tax dollars are used to keep the lights on at its many facilities across the country. The Postal Service, instead, relies on the revenue it generates from the sale of stamps, products, and services to fund its operations.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/did-you-know/do-my-tax-dollars-pay-postal-service#:~:text=No%2C%20the%20Post... 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Uniwarehousewares,

Just raise your prices to cover the postage increase. That’s what I do. 

Maybe you should start the new lower priced carrier service. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares   if u r unhappy with USPS, use a different shipping company. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply