cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope tracking issues

For those using the Ebay Standard Envelope for shipping: If you are like me, you are shipping some items by Ebay Standard Envelope only to find that the tracker never updates and you never know whether the envelope actually made it to your buyer or not.

Here is what Ebay told me this morning: The Standard Envelope tracker is not actually tracked by USPS. It is tracked by Ebay. If you have a tracker that does not update, you need to call Ebay and they can give you the update on the tracker and whether it was delivered or not. I asked if there is going to be a remedy to this issue, as it is a very big issue. I was told that they expect to eventually make the trackers accessible to sellers. I don't know when.

Since this has been driving me insane and creating problems with servicing my customers, I thought that this info may save a ton of time for others. It takes forever to try to contact USPS only to find that your tracking number does not even exist with USPS.  Hope this helps!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope tracking issues

I’ve talked our delivery person because my arrivals get scanned but about 25% of my shipments don’t. Sick of refund requests…to no fault of mine.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I have shipped out a couple hundred cards over the last month. I just got an envelope back saying the address was not found (that’s probably a separate issue) but I hadn’t gone back and looked at orders until now.

There are a dozen that are a month old that haven’t been updated at all and a handful that look like they’re stuck “in transit.” I’m pretty sure that I am about to get some negative feedback from a Ken on one of them, as if I personally work for USPS.

Anyone else experienced this? Or does eBay handle these issues?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I just Google esus tracking it always shows on there, since usps can never find it...go to Google and type esus tracking and paste the tracking

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Considering this was 2 years ago, I am having same issues today and there has been no improvement. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@saltcitybreaks247 Ever get a solid answer to this as I'm in the same boat?

Thought about switching over to USPS Ground for ALL orders and just eat shipping on lower dollar cards, but it just doesnt sit right. 

Appreciate any feedback on this!

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I am having the same problem. It is easier to just put a stamp on it.  The part about EBAY tracking it is bologna.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I use EZship tracking and it can follow the standard envelopes. I've had some arrive at the customer with absolutely no scans at all. Fortunately I was left good feedback so I knew they arrived.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply