cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope tracking issues

For those using the Ebay Standard Envelope for shipping: If you are like me, you are shipping some items by Ebay Standard Envelope only to find that the tracker never updates and you never know whether the envelope actually made it to your buyer or not.

Here is what Ebay told me this morning: The Standard Envelope tracker is not actually tracked by USPS. It is tracked by Ebay. If you have a tracker that does not update, you need to call Ebay and they can give you the update on the tracker and whether it was delivered or not. I asked if there is going to be a remedy to this issue, as it is a very big issue. I was told that they expect to eventually make the trackers accessible to sellers. I don't know when.

Since this has been driving me insane and creating problems with servicing my customers, I thought that this info may save a ton of time for others. It takes forever to try to contact USPS only to find that your tracking number does not even exist with USPS.  Hope this helps!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I have been having so many of these issues in the last few weeks. It started off fine but now the "tracking" keeps saying delivered but the person didn't actually get it OR it says it is still in my distribution center and the customer actually has it. It is really frustrating because I keep refunding people but I am losing the product too.

I am so glad you posted this. Thank you for the facts about the type of tracking it is.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Hello,

So can eBay then confirm then the envelope delivered in case the customer tries to open an item not received case ???

Thanks for the previous info VERY useful. 

Chase

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

In my experience, Ebay can not always confirm the delivery. But, when I did have this happen, Ebay did refund both myself and the buyer. I have not had a negative result as of yet.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

You need to contact Ebay every time this happens and get it resolved or refunded. You should not lose money because their system is not perfected yet. If not way too long ago, you can still contact them about past issues to be resolved.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

YES !!!  And I keep getting dings on my metrics  not uploaded or delivered on time   This is B. S. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I agree! Is there any other solution?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Hello so here is the deal with E-Bay standard envelope . Tracking is not done through USPS they will not be able to help you. Tracking is done through Easyship (ESUS) The steps below will help you with issues with buyer not receiving their item

1) Go to this website  Parcelsapp.com

2) Enter tracking number Note: this website is for tracking international shipments but also for E-Bay standard envelopes

3) Notice on the right hand side it will show an updated tracking number, use it for update tracking

4) It will give you the updated info, if the info is the same as original tracking number then file claim with E-Bay

USPS does not scan envelope upon delivery  Delivery date is an estimation based on when you drop it off at USPS and is scanned by USPS It can be a few days off of expected delivery

If buyer does not receive envelope and tracking shows not delivered Seller is responsible so contact E-Bay and they should issue refund to buyer or to you 

I hope this helps 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It's really messing with my metrics as well. I've called and written but nothing happens. I ship same day every day but Sunday. Because it hurts your metrics it hurts your traffic. 

I'm really upset!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

If the eBay Standard Envelope tracking shows "Delivered" then it was delivered to the mailbox or it will be delivered the next day.  Someone else had the same issue where the tracking says "Delivered" and then it is delivered in the mailbox the next day.  Tell the customer to look for the envelope the next day or two, because they scan the envelope at the zip code and then deliver (from what someone else has said on this board). Look up in the Discussion Board  Search box "eBay Standard Envelope" and you will find many threads.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

devon@ebay

This needs to be looked into.

Thanks

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Devon won't be replying because you didn't post his @ mention properly.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I've sent several refunds recently but buyers may have taken advantage of tracking issues, is there anything I can do about those orders or only future orders with problems?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

This works! I have an item that, on eBay, shows as last tracked on 10/26 in Milwaukee. The website mentioned (parcelsapp.com) shows it delivered on 10/31 to Cali. Thanks!!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for this information.  I have been tracking some envelopes and all I see is shipped.  One out of three have showed delivered.  It's been over seven days on two.  I suppose I will need to contact ebay for more information.  Thanks again. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply