cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost adjustment usps

USPS hit me up with a 10 dollar charge on a 5 oz package.  I shipped a dvd and used media mail. Theyre saying I used a priority flat rate box.  Flat out false.  I appealed. Then eBay deducted the funds.  What in the world is this scam?  They don’t even prove anything with their investigation?!?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Cost adjustment usps

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Did you use the cardboard from a flat rate box inside the packaging by chance?  Sometimes buyers will report that and you will be charged for using it. 

Received packages from Ebay sellers who did exactly this.

Media mail is more likely to be caught because media mail packages can be opened for inspection. So no buyer report would be necessary.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

That is a lost cause, you do all the work they require through that email system and get nowhere, same with the phone line. Complete rigged joke. And that's just one of the reasons why we refuse to use ebay for shipping. pirateship and maybe others you don't have to deal with it that way.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Yes I agree, I seldom use UPS but in the past the surcharge stuff is just crazy, I just feel like through pirateship its safer and easier to dispute and get it a positive outcome,,ebay its like winning the lotto and then they just take whatever they choose from your funds, another problem. But I get what your saying.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@norskmediashop It isn't rigged.  The USPS is the one who scans packages as they go through.  It actually has nothing to do with eBay.  They can go back to the picture and credit if need be.  It isn't a perfect system.  No need to try to make a conspiracy out of it. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

@norskmediashop It isn't rigged.  The USPS is the one who scans packages as they go through.  It actually has nothing to do with eBay.  They can go back to the picture and credit if need be.  It isn't a perfect system.  No need to try to make a conspiracy out of it. 

Exactly. Like I said, I had one with a label I had purchased through Shipstation via PayPal (someone's Priority Flat Rate Envelope had ended up on top of my Ground Advantage box when it was scanned). I followed the instructions they gave me in the email alerting me of the cost adjustment and sent USPS the email with the requested information and got my money back in less than two weeks.

Incredibly simple, takes less than three minutes to do and they won't even try to fight you on it.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply