cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble with USPS?

Over the last week we have had 8 customers now with lost or very slow moving packages from USPS. We have several cases open for item not received, some showing out for delivery to the buyer, from 8 days ago with no delivery, one in CA, one in TX and one in MO. 3 Show being scanned at our local post office with no scans since, 7 days now. All of our orders were shipped same day or the next day, well within out 2 day handling. Just curious of anyone else is seeing this as well. Seems like the postal service is collapsing, it sure is hurting our business.  Needless to say we have angry customers, we feel so helpless. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Anyone else having trouble with USPS?

I have had the same issues over the last 2 months. The facility in North Houston is an absolute disaster. Also, have had issues in STL. Not so much CA though but I have had issues there in LA in the past. Wilmington-Newark DE is another  disaster and I am convinced there are thieves there.

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

@eeaadd 

Last week I didn't see it, had 3 ebay packages coming from the Midwest and arrived very fast out west. But I have been introduced to the dreaded your package is moving thru the system notice before.

All you can do is to sign up for updates on the USPS website and keep your buyers informed your watching for their delivery.

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

@eeaadd 

Reports of problems with USPS are being reported from all around the country (even my small local post office was the subject of a Congressional investigation, for all of the reasons that you have listed).

The major problem USPS is facing is the high level of retirements by former "baby boomer" employees, without an equivalent amount of qualified new hires.  

And the new work regulations established by the latest Postmaster General (not appointed by Biden, by the way) have also proven to have slowed down mail deliveries.

Until the latest USPS employees have become more comfortable with their jobs, expect delivery problems to continue.  Additionally, until Postmaster General Louis DeJoy is replaced by a more competent administrator, don't expect efficient mail service to recover in the near future.

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

@eeaadd   here is the link for USPS service alerts>

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/

mine are sporadic partly bc of extreme weather conditions continually changing  and all the aforementioned situations

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

Bad at the St. Louis hub, missing mail, blue boxes getting rob. People think delivering mail is easy, it ain't especially rural routes. I did it for 6 months and was out, spent my money and off days to fix my jeep, just was to much being a single dad of 4.

My mail lady has already gone through 2 sub's this year, 1st made it 2 days, 2nd one came into the office for an hour and said nope, then left, never made it on the route.

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

Yes and no, I've been through this in the past and came to the realization the system is overloaded and can not handle the volume so I raised my prices and that slowed things down so now it is good.

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Just an update to all as I intend to keep all updated with this mess. We just got our 9th missing mail issue, case opened this morning. This one shipped same day, got to CA on time, however, has been "out for delivery" since 2/20.  Guess I am losing this one as well. 

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

I live in Delaware.  All of or parcels go through Wilmington. Never an issue in 20+ years except for the pandemic.  I was ordering UPSP boxes.  Like a dummy I kept ordering them when the y didn't show up.  One day I got 2 USPS deliveries of BOXES.  

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 9 of 53
latest reply

All my issues lately have been with orders from TX. They either get lost or bounce around all over the place. Even the ones that actually go through are taking forever with long times between scans and then they say "in transit arriving late" over and over.

Never had any issues with FCP, only since we went to GA.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 53
latest reply

I'm a small hobby seller. No issues at all.

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

mine are doing OK (knock on wood) except for a "Priority" that took 2 days to get beyond the regional facilities in my state. 

Was showing that it should deliver yesterday. Out for delivery today, so not horrible.  Next thing is that it delivers to a "Fetch" facility location, but that's a whole nother issue.

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

Texas 😝   I cringe each time I see that a purchase is going to Texas.  Worked OK for me  so far..................  none were close enough to the Missouri City facility to get sucked into that black hole.

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

I'll weigh in here as a buyer.  Just last week, had a package delayed 2 days.  After the second "arrives today" notification, I got the "your package is moving through the system" message.  As @toomuchstuffagain35   notes, Texas seems to be a problem.  There are a couple sellers there that I buy from, my item usually ends up in Puerto Rico before it makes it to me in Florida.  We're so understaffed in my zip code, that typically one business day a week (usually Thursday) you won't find a mail truck in my subdivision.   I would hope that any buyer with half a brain would understand this is a USPS problem, and not the fault of the seller. 

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

@eeaadd   me? i would call all involved post offices that show the 'out for delivery' scan. lots of times the item gets delivered but does not get scanned as such.

Message 15 of 53
latest reply