cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

As we grow closer to the rate increases by USPS and other carriers as seller's we need to make sure we plan enough time to adjust our listings to accommodate the increased costs.

As buyer's we can just cry as the costs of items we need or desire are increasing.  

Today Ebay made an announcement to remind us all of these upcoming changes.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2019-Shipping-Carrier-Rate-Changes/ba-p/29375727

There is also another change that we should all pay close attention to.  While it doesn't affect anything yet, it will.  Last November USPS asked the PRC to change  the classification of Inbound small packets and bulky letters, known as E format.  USPS asked permission to move it from being designated Market Dominant to a classification of  a Competitive product.  And a couple of days ago the PRC approved it.

What that COULD mean is that the ridiculously low rates that Asian sellers are paying for mailing via USPS may be increased by USPS without waiting on the UPU to approve increases.  At this point it is hard to say what USPS will do with this change, but we should all watch for information on this subject as they release it to see if it helps level the playing field that is so uneven and unfair now.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

Looking at the rate chart for FCP, I don't see zoned rates for 13.1 to 15.99oz?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Re: A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

Never mind was looking at Retail.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

It's a pain. I have over a thousand listings combined. I have to devote time to it. Still not finished. Bulk editing can be done only for select items within range of weights. But we cannot wait for Tech to get it fixed. January 27th is 2 weeks away.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@anthemshop247 wrote:

It's a pain. I have over a thousand listings combined. I have to devote time to it. Still not finished. Bulk editing can be done only for select items within range of weights. But we cannot wait for Tech to get it fixed. January 27th is 2 weeks away.

True, but it happens every year.  This one just has more twists to it.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I just looked into USPS dimensional weight rate change in June, I sell fishing rods using usps box is 38"x6"x5", which run 1-2 lbs but if I did it right dim rate would put them at 7 lb. If I did that right I'm out of business, I just checked on a fishing rod I just sold to WA and will increase shipping $10. Shipping today would be $9.85 and in June it will be $21, even more with increase the 27th. Honestly there's NO way I could double shipping rate and still sell fishing rods, I can't even image the tackle boxes I sell would cost.
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:
I just looked into USPS dimensional weight rate change in June, I sell fishing rods using usps box is 38"x6"x5", which run 1-2 lbs but if I did it right dim rate would put them at 7 lb. ....

USPS is changing the divisor, the applicable zones, and the services affected, but they are not changing the size threshold for dimensional weight.  The dimensional weight will still be applied only to packages with a volume over one cubic foot, which is 1728 cubic inches.  The volume of your package is 1140 cubic inches, so it would not be subject to  dimensional weight.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2018/pb22509/html/updt_002.htm

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

what does this mean?  [from the linked notice]

Priority Mail Express DIM weight pricing will be calculated using one of two formulas: rectangular or nonrectangular, with a DIM divisor of 166

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Does anyone have the computer skills to isolate just the basic pages (especially page 7 with the retail first class parcel chart) for easy printing. 

I'd like to make a quick reference slip for my Amish customers on the route. I'm not really skilled with the computer and I don't want to print all 75 pages just to get a small half sheet chart to work from. 

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Most printers will have an option to print a specific page.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@lja440

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
when you click to print you should have a page range and just click that and put in 7

Most I have used which have been Canon or HP printers have the range , can't speak for others.

print page range 1-19.JPG

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

THANK YOU !!!!

I had no idea.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

That doesn't work when you try to print out a copy of your sold listing page ever since Ebay eliminated the "print listing" feature a few years ago.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

That doesn't work when you try to print out a copy of your sold listing page ever since Ebay eliminated the "print listing" feature a few years ago.

While this is off topic, I can select what page or pages I want to print from my order's page from the SH.  I hit the printer icon on the upper right side of my page, then my printer screen will come up where I can select the printer I want it to go to as well has what page or pages I want to print.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I can select what page or pages I want to print from my order's page from the SH.  

I'm looking on my orders page. What's the SH?

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

SH = Seller Hub

Message 30 of 37
latest reply