cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

As we grow closer to the rate increases by USPS and other carriers as seller's we need to make sure we plan enough time to adjust our listings to accommodate the increased costs.

As buyer's we can just cry as the costs of items we need or desire are increasing.  

Today Ebay made an announcement to remind us all of these upcoming changes.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2019-Shipping-Carrier-Rate-Changes/ba-p/29375727

There is also another change that we should all pay close attention to.  While it doesn't affect anything yet, it will.  Last November USPS asked the PRC to change  the classification of Inbound small packets and bulky letters, known as E format.  USPS asked permission to move it from being designated Market Dominant to a classification of  a Competitive product.  And a couple of days ago the PRC approved it.

What that COULD mean is that the ridiculously low rates that Asian sellers are paying for mailing via USPS may be increased by USPS without waiting on the UPU to approve increases.  At this point it is hard to say what USPS will do with this change, but we should all watch for information on this subject as they release it to see if it helps level the playing field that is so uneven and unfair now.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

OK got that. But how do you stop from printing unwanted stuff like the Sponsored Links or the compatibility page? If I printed everything it would be 2 double sided pages when I just want one.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Re: A Friendly Reminder of the upcoming Shipping Rate Changes And How they Affect You!

@atikovi wrote:

OK got that. But how do you stop from printing unwanted stuff like the Sponsored Links or the compatibility page? If I printed everything it would be 2 double sided pages when I just want one.

I have no answer for you.  Clearly your printing screen is presenting completely differently from mine.  Sorry that I can't help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

You use something like Nuke Anything addon or others in Firefox to remove the stuff you don't want, or PrintEdit addon to remove and reformat before printing, or a few simple specific Adblock Plus element hiding rules (or my GreaseMonkey script or Stylish rules) to never even see the sponsored and other panels and thus not print them, or any of a dozen other techniques or addons to remove undesired content.

For example, an Adblock Plus rule to hide "Similar sponsored items"

ebay.com##div#BottomPanel>div#merch_html_100008

If using Stylish rules, a set of print only rules can be created that only remove the offending content when printing (instead of always as the Adblock Plus approach does)

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@mam98031  wrote: "... we need to make sure we plan enough time to adjust our listings to accommodate the increased costs. ..."

I use Calculated shipping on 95% - 99% of items for sale ... the others are Free Shipping and priced to move even with a postage increase ... all set ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

You should. I’m doing for 500+. Increases for first class are now by zone. Big increases
Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Up to you. None of the stuff I have listed did I buy to resell but is stuff I used or was part of something else I used. Listing here is the last step before throwing out or scraping. If it sells at all, a little more for shipping is no big deal.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

@alwaysthebest4u wrote:
You should. I’m doing for 500+. Increases for first class are now by zone. Big increases

Well, you do what you have to do.

I recently moved from one B&M to another because the first will be closed for health reasons indefinably. I have to change LA to #8 on approx. 6000 LP's. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply