cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay said they would step in and try to resolve within 48 hours but no reply after 4 days.

Ebay said they would step in and try to resolve within 48 hours but no reply after 4 days.

The laptop's warranty was not as advertised and in the end I had to return the laptop. I have lots of photos proving I returned it in perfect condition. Seller received it for a while now with no refunds or replies. I requested ebay to step in but no reply since 4 days ago. I was wondering if this was normal and if there was a number I can call in Hong Kong to follow up? Would appreciate any advise thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @rufmarcuszet - once escalated our teammates usually have a decision for you within 2 business days, however depending on the particular circumstance it may take longer if they need to review any documentation or transaction details. 

If you have not received an update on this by tomorrow I'd recommend contacting CS, either by phone or by social media (Twitter or Facebook). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you file a Returns Request?

My ebay > Purchase history > More actions > Return this item

Depending on the reason, determines who pays return shipping. For an item not as described the seller pays return shipping. A prepaid shipping label is provided. Print out the label, affix it to the package, take it to the post office. Have the clerk SCAN the label. When the package shows DELIVERED back to the seller, the seller has 2 business days to refund you. If no refund, you click the link to Ask ebay to step in to force the refund.

If you filed in the Resolution Center instead, did you upload the tracking number to show the seller received the item?  Click the link to Ask ebay to step in.  If you don't do that, the case automatically closes 30 days after you opened it.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @rufmarcuszet - once escalated our teammates usually have a decision for you within 2 business days, however depending on the particular circumstance it may take longer if they need to review any documentation or transaction details. 

If you have not received an update on this by tomorrow I'd recommend contacting CS, either by phone or by social media (Twitter or Facebook). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi Disneyshopper,
Yes I have. The seller paid for shipping and tracking was provided from item not as described in resolution center. The item was returned to seller and they did not provide response or refund. After waiting the required amount of days I chose the ask ebay to step in action. 4 business days now no response from ebay or seller. Not sure if there is a next step I should take or wait a few more days. I will try and follow the advice left by Tyler and leave them a message in facebook or give them a call. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks called ebay and they said they will close case in my favor. Looking forward to seeing the confirmation email from them. Calling them was the most direct way after waiting the advised amount of days.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply