cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion RE: Community Index/Table of Contents

Almost every day the Community Platform Feedback board receives threads that don't belong here...perhaps my suggestions will help reduce that number of inappropriate threads:

• "Inside eBay" denotes, at least for me, the eBay buying and selling platform and not the Community posting platform, which is why, imo, buyers and sellers post suggestion and problems regarding selling and buying.  If the "Inside eBay" was changed to "Inside the eBay Posting Community", it may help.
  • The name of this board, "Community Platform Feedback, draws posters like moths to a flame because of the word "feedback" ~ perhaps change the name to "Community Platform Discussions", or "Activities or "Suggestions"
  • ...also the way in which the different clickable categories are placed is incorrect, imo.  When you have a title that is too long for one line, the second line should be indented by several spaces.  As it stands now, the "second line" looks as if it is a stand alone board, which in the case of the Community Platform Feedback, makes the word "Feedback" look as if it is a separate board which is probably contributing to the numerous misplaced threads.

• Had some down time and was a little bored so thought I would add my 2¢ Smiley Happy
How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Suggestion RE: Community Index/Table of Contents

I agree that something should be done to help direct posters away from this board when their topic belongs elsewhere. And I also agree that the title-wrapping is very confusing (sometimes, even for those of us who are familiar with the titles).

I believe that much of the problem is because too many people don't understand the word "platform" in this context.  So, maybe "About the Community" or "About the Discussion Boards."

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@hidy-hoo totally agree with you. We are looking into options to help differentiate the purpose of the Community Platform Feedback board.

As always, thanks for the suggestions.

Haven't "talked" in a bit, hope you're doing well.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Almost every day the Community Platform Feedback board receives threads that don't belong here...perhaps my suggestions will help reduce that number of inappropriate threads:

• "Inside eBay" denotes, at least for me, the eBay buying and selling platform and not the Community posting platform, which is why, imo, buyers and sellers post suggestion and problems regarding selling and buying.  If the "Inside eBay" was changed to "Inside the eBay Posting Community", it may help.
  • The name of this board, "Community Platform Feedback, draws posters like moths to a flame because of the word "feedback" ~ perhaps change the name to "Community Platform Discussions", or "Activities or "Suggestions"
  • ...also the way in which the different clickable categories are placed is incorrect, imo.  When you have a title that is too long for one line, the second line should be indented by several spaces.  As it stands now, the "second line" looks as if it is a stand alone board, which in the case of the Community Platform Feedback, makes the word "Feedback" look as if it is a separate board which is probably contributing to the numerous misplaced threads.

• Had some down time and was a little bored so thought I would add my 2¢ Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Kind of related--the guaranteed delivery board is full of non-GD threads too.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hey bro, you speak rightly of 'moths to a flame' when members see the word 'FEEDBACK' in the headline - that's what drew me; Feedback issues.  So this isn't the place I guess, this is feedback about the Comm. Platform.  Okay, so where's the 'Feedback' section for everything else ????
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"Okay, so where's the 'Feedback' section for everything else ????"

Hi, @dbrownridge...it depends on if you are a buyer or a seller:

eBay Seller feedback problems/comments:  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

eBay Buyer feedback problems/comments:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/bd-p/bidding-buying-db

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I couldn't agree more about the layout.  It makes Feedback look like its own category.  Member to Member Support under Knowledge Base does that too as well as two or three others.  I'm not looking hard Smiley Happy

doug@ebay- can you possibly take out the line spacing until you decide what to re-name it?

community menu.GIF

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Why not use bullet points?

It looks different on every browser:

menu-ff.jpg

menu-chrome.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I don't know who checked HELPFUL....??  Those links are useless.  First, hard to figure which is which... I want to view discussion about the Feedback system, specifically as it applies to a Seller, me, I'm the Seller.  I feel the system is too unfair and skewed toward Buyers.  Your links were to a hodge-podge of topics, none which matched what I wanted.  Hard to figure that I wouldn't see one match in all those threads... ?  Some folks might think this topic was to hot for public discussion.  Or Sellers don't give a hoot.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

When the boards were set up, eBay management decided that there would not be a section specifically about feedback. So discussions about feedback are buried in other boards, mostly the the board for Selling and the one for Buying, depending on the perspective of the original poster.

If you want to see posts that specifically discuss feedback, then you have to do a search; you won't easily find them just by scanning the existing topics in any board.

You will find that most sellers don't give a hoot any more because there have been no changes in the feedback system for many years, so all of the discussions about the current policies were exhausted years ago. There is nothing new to say about it. Yes, it is skewed towards buyers.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply