cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Up My Community Profile

I like to keep my computer and all its little stashes of junk pretty well cleaned up, since it's a little machine with not much memory. This compulsion spills over into my email accounts, my history on certain websites, etc. Yesterday, I was deleting all the saved "Drafts" in my eBay community profile page when I noticed the "My Photos" area. It appeared to be just a bunch of screenshots I'd posted in the past, so I thought, "Those can go. No point in them cluttering up my profile page."

Wrong.

Today, I wanted to copy/paste a previous post of mine that included two screenshots. When I went to my old post, the screenshots had been replaced by an icon clearly indicating the screenshots were gone. I panicked, thinking maybe my screenshots had violated a community guideline and had been removed by the moderator(s). I was composing a private message to the mods in my head when it occurred to me what had happened.

So, yeah, folks. I may be the last one to know this, but if you clear out your "My Photos" stash, it also removes them from all of the posts they were in. So don't do that.

And there endeth the lesson.

P.S. I know I should've posted this thread in all caps with colored, enlarged fonts demanding that eBay post a warning about this and how horrid they are for not having one. Just not enough coffee yet this morning.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0