cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so upset and want everyone to be aware ...

I sold an item (japenese porcelain bowls), when the buyer received the item, much to my surprise she filed a claim of Defective (they had 'bruises), and wanted a full refund.  she sent pictures that were my listing pictures and I could tell they were taken from her phone.  I had sent her a message asking what she meant by 'bruised' and she stated there was no more to be said, it is what she observed.  I contacted ebay and they said I had to wait out the 5 day period.  I felt bad (now I feel naïve) and offered her a refund and she refused.  THEN I went onto her ebay store and saw MY pictures listed on her site, with a description that the items were very beautiful and in 'excellent' condition.  I reported her to ebay, and I also put in a report to ask them to take off my pictures.  It looks like she may be doing this to others as well.  its not the point of her reselling an item she bought (3x's more than she paid) but it is the fact she asked me for a full refund that makes me mad (furious).

any advise as to how to let others know about this scammer?

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: so upset and want everyone to be aware ...

What a rotten thing to do.

I believe in karma!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 31 of 85
latest reply

I think she is now 'baiting" me to see what I am doing.

Message 32 of 85
latest reply

Did she sell them?

Message 33 of 85
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Did she sell them?

Nope. Her listing is live in the Asian Antiques > China category even though her title says Japanese rice bowls. She's using odd grabs of the OP's original listing - 2 out of the 3 are awkward photos taken of her monitor and not actual screenshots. She's asking a very high price. I don't see her selling them with that listing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 34 of 85
latest reply

I spoke to ebay today and they confirmed they are looking into this. 😅 they also told me to file a claim with them for refund fraud but I have to wait until the listing time is over. then the person told me the return time is 10 days, but the buyer can request an additional 5 days if needed.  WHAT  THE .... ??? 

I am finding ebay does not support the seller - and I do not like the fact that they hold my money and allow her to list my items. 

it is taking all I have not to respond to her - 

Message 35 of 85
latest reply

these bowls were hand painted from Japan!  if someone buys can they ask for a refund because she listed them as from china?  

Message 36 of 85
latest reply

That's  the risk they're taking for sure.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 37 of 85
latest reply

Good luck! 

Message 38 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

I did contact ebay and they suggested I file a complaint against this buyer, which I did.  they also stated that if she re-listed as 'excellent' condition they would handle the claim after the 5 days.  left me under the impression that the buyer protection was invalid due to her relisting the items, but since you have mentioned this, I am going to contact them again and ask.

thank you for all your help

They are lying to you. The way they will handle the claim is by automatically ruling against you, and then tell you how it's the cost of doing business. They tell you anything you want to hear just to make you go away. Do not trust anything the reps tell you.

Message 39 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

I spoke to ebay today and they confirmed they are looking into this. 😅 they also told me to file a claim with them for refund fraud but I have to wait until the listing time is over. then the person told me the return time is 10 days, but the buyer can request an additional 5 days if needed.  WHAT  THE .... ???  

What she is doing with listings of her own is irrelevant to your case here. (While I know it is really unlikely - she COULD be selling her own set of bowls and simply using your listing photos instead of her own.) 

As I understand the facts so far - she has opened a Not As Described claim on your sale and (this is the important part) you have now sent her a Return label to ship them back. She has a deadline for when she has to do this. If she misses that deadline the case will close in your favor. You will not have to refund and you will eventually be credited for the unused Return label.

I suggest that you stop talking to that thoroughly useless Customer Support as the reps you have talked to so far have made no sense and in some details they appear to be either making stuff up as they go along or simply misunderstanding what you are describing to them.

The important thing is that you have replied within the claim to say that you want the items back before refunding and that you have sent a Return label for that. NOW you can wait to see what happens next as you have put the ball in her court.

Message 40 of 85
latest reply

People need to STOP refunding without a return!! This is creating a whole new level for scammers. Eat the return cost if need be as it is a write off. Half the time or more they WON'T send the item back because they are SCAMMING you. They know how to use ebay's ridiculous MBG policies against sellers. Yes, you may get a rock back but at least make them work for their scam....and if they do commit fraud and send back something else always report them to Ebay, THEIR local police (file online report) and any others that may apply. Enough reports to a local PD and they may pay the person a visit.....especially in smaller towns,

Message 41 of 85
latest reply

@onlinecentral wrote:

The fact that the items you previously owned are listed for sale indicates that your buyer is CONFIDENT that you will not handle the Return Case in way that will benefit you. The buyer will ask eBay to Step-In or else let the case Time-Out in her favor. 'Favorable rulings' by customer service have known to get overturned. Issue the return label ASAP.

It is also proof that it is a premeditated case of fraud.  If you used the postal service, I would file a postal fraud report and let her know that you did and what to expect.  If there is one group worse than the IRS to get on the radar of, it is the USPS fraud division.  They can literally turn her life upside down.

Message 42 of 85
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Was it item 355345387126? The bowl with the pineapple is chipped even though listing says no chips. If the buyer returns the items, make sure that info is called out when you relist the lot.

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

Wasting time - there were no chips on any of the bowls, they are hand painted from Japan and some of the paint was on the edge of the 'pineapple' bowl, which in the pictures may have looked like a chip. 

I'm seeing a chip also. The following pictures (#5 from your listing) and a cropped enlargement of the same area sure look like a chip: 

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 10.53.19 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-13 at 10.52.58 AM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 43 of 85
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

The game is she buys an item for $dollars and lists it herself for $dollarsx3. If she sells it, she probably drops the claim. If it doesn't sell quickly enough, she returns it and gets her money back. Or the seller just tells her to keep it and she can resell at her leisure and the item is a freebie.  It must be a variant on the old game of trying to sell it for more money yourself, and returning for full refund if you can't.  

If that's her game, she (the buyer) isn't playing right. If it was really her intent to try to flip for 3x the price she paid, she wouldn't have opened a claim until her 30-day MBG was running out. 

(What I find interesting is that the buyer-reseller doesn't show the picture that shows the chip. Hmmm.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 44 of 85
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Was it item 355345387126? The bowl with the pineapple is chipped even though listing says no chips. If the buyer returns the items, make sure that info is called out when you relist the lot.

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

Wasting time - there were no chips on any of the bowls, they are hand painted from Japan and some of the paint was on the edge of the 'pineapple' bowl, which in the pictures may have looked like a chip. 

I'm seeing a chip also. The following pictures (#5 from your listing) and a cropped enlargement of the same area sure look like a chip: 

I must respectfully disagree with my learned colleagues here. 😉 Other photos in that listing show an outside pattern on the bowl consisting of dark, black-ish paint strokes extending all the way up to the rim in one or two places, and I think what we're seeing is a small bit of dark paint extending over the rim in that spot. Certainly the OP would know about a chip of that size if that was actually one.

Message 45 of 85
latest reply