cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New Seller Seeking Popular Products - Where to Find Most Searched Items?"

"Hello eBay community! As a new seller, I'm seeking effective ways to find products with good sales. Could you please share suggestions on reliable websites or tools to identify the most searched products on the internet? I appreciate any advice and insights you can provide! Thank you in advance."   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: "New Seller Seeking Popular Products - Where to Find Most Searched Items?"

I-phone and X-box and Playstation and Stanley Cup and trump shoes.
OR even better, StanleyIphoneXboxCup in the shape of Trump Shoes.

Actually, that would be good info to be able to find.  I know a simply google search on most searched items on eBay will give you a list or a few lists.
What would be great is if you could enter your choice of a word somewhere, and see how it ranked, or how many times that word was searched on eBay in the last 90 days or some other time period

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sell what you like to buy

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@fastprime wrote:

"Hello eBay community! As a new seller, I'm seeking effective ways to find products with good sales. Could you please share suggestions on reliable websites or tools to identify the most searched products on the internet? I appreciate any advice and insights you can provide! Thank you in advance."   

I stay well away from what are the best selling , most popular and most items that can be found at a big box store  because they will have the most competition, and unless you are getting items at a really good price it will be really hard to compete.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@fastprime 

I would google it. 

Good luck!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@jerseyboymusic wrote:

Sell what you like to buy

Yes, it helps to sell what you know and are interested in. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

None of other, just google. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@fastprime wrote:

Could you please share suggestions on reliable websites or tools to identify the most searched products on the internet?

So to look at it another way, as a new seller you want to compete against as many other sellers as possible, including Amazon and Walmart and Target  🤔

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"Hello Walmart, this is Target.  Where do you get your stuff to sell in your stores?"

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@lonebuck-books wrote:

"Hello Walmart, this is Target.  Where do you get your stuff to sell in your stores?"

China, of course 😂

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If you have a business license do a Google search for Wholesale. Add whatever products you are considering investing in such as: wholesale electronics, wholesale toys, wholesale clothing, wholesale jewelry, wholesale craft supplies, wholesale kitchen equipment, etc.

Do a few searches on eBay for products you are considering to get an idea of how over-saturated some categories are and how stiff the competition is for sales of those items. Note the selling prices. Can you acquire the same type of items at a low enough cost so you can make a profit after selling costs (fees, income taxes, etc). 

Are you willing to invest money in slow moving merchandise? Generally speaking, fast moving merchandise already has thousands of sellers listing it.

Take a look at Seasonal merchandise. Spring and summer items may offer some opportunity, depending upon the items and the competition.

Good luck to you!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply