cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

out of over 600 items listed, i'm lucky to see 1 sale a day after averaging 6-10 a day !!!! The rare times I do sell something on an auction, the buyer doesn't pay!!!  SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

@art_dealer_cal wrote:

I just found out why my sales are so dead.

My major category isn't even listed under SHOP BY CATEGORY

Just curious: Does anybody really search via the "Shop by Category" option? I would think it's much easier to just type in the search box? Who has time to figure out where a wanted item might be categorized? Wouldn't it be faster to just type "Vintage dolls" in the search box? 

Serious question... Cuz I had a choice to pick a category, both "fits" the description, but one was free to list and the other charged 30 cents. I went with the "free" option. Both seems to be getting hits. I can't imagine my poor potential buyers navigating the "category" maze to find me... 😞

Message 31 of 165
latest reply

You just gotta be patient with things like this.

Message 32 of 165
latest reply

Earnings announcement* for EBAY: Jul 16, 2014

eBay Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 07/16/2014 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2014. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 12 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $0.58. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $0.54.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/earnings/report/ebay#ixzz377O34WHX

The concensus has a buy rating

But this the Motley Fool Guro thinks differently

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ebay/guru-analysis/fool

Still beneath it's 50 & 200 day movings averages.

So which way will it go?

Message 33 of 165
latest reply

"Its always slow in the summer months..sellers have been screaming about this for many years."

There's a difference between slow sales and no sales.

There's a difference between buyers who traditionally have decent sales in the summer who suddenly have a year with virtually no sales.

My sales are down 40% from what I typically sell this time of year and I have twice as many items listed as I did last year and the year before.

Message 34 of 165
latest reply

I was looking at my eBay page and happened to notice the Shop by Category next to the eBay logo. I just clicked on it out of curiosity. The first category is Collectibles and Art and the category for Stamps would always be listed but not anymore. There are almost 3  million listings under Stamps that have and astronomical value.

I guess there is only so much room to list un-importantant items like certain categories.

Message 35 of 165
latest reply

My Sales have been down since Last December.  However June was a nice month but I listed a lot of new inventory but overall I am down.

Message 36 of 165
latest reply

Hello all   first post.

Ib been selling on ebay for less then a year but this month has been the worse. Sales went from ok 10-20 items a day to now 5-10 items a week!!.   DEAD!!!!!  i barely paid off last months fees!!

Message 37 of 165
latest reply

Count me in too. Today I haven't sold anything at all which is strange for me. My sales have went down to 1/3 of the amount of $ monthly for the last couple of months compared to what I was making on eBay. Something is definitely going on.

Christa

Message 38 of 165
latest reply

@craigsdieselrepair wrote:

Count me in too. Today I haven't sold anything at all which is strange for me. My sales have went down to 1/3 of the amount of $ monthly for the last couple of months compared to what I was making on eBay. Something is definitely going on.

Christa

Didn't I sell you a lot of Monster High dolls last year in the $200 range? I think I did!

latest reply

@gopetersen wrote:

"Its always slow in the summer months..sellers have been screaming about this for many years."

There's a difference between slow sales and no sales.

There's a difference between buyers who traditionally have decent sales in the summer who suddenly have a year with virtually no sales.

My sales are down 40% from what I typically sell this time of year and I have twice as many items listed as I did last year and the year before.

Slower since last November for me, with sales right now the worst I've seen in 15 years, and even views waaaaay down.

Never seen it so bad so often for so long. Sometimes a bad month or even 2 in a given year, but this is the 4th bad month I've seen in the last 9 months.

The economy slowed significantly in the 2nd quarter, and summers are often slower in many retail categories, but this situation seems to go beyond that, and is magnified by eBay-related problems. Too many destructive and disruptive changes; the security breach; saturation of markets; too many marginal listings junking up the site; the Google fallout.

Message 40 of 165
latest reply

Hi! I checked and yes! I DID buy some dolls from you! LOL 

Small world huh? Do you have anymore? LOL (I'm serious though). LOL

Christa

Message 41 of 165
latest reply

@pic_hitechworld wrote:

Thanks, but no thanks. First, I just closed my store. Second, the price you are citing for the basic store would only be valid with the annual subscription, not if you pay monthly (that is 19.99). Thirs, even that would only bring 150 FP listings, does not help  somebody with as many listings as I have. Until ebay issues a Fixed Price listing promo, many of my items won't be relisted. Period.

But, I do appreciate your thoughts. PW:smileyhappy:

--> The yearly subscription also only has to be paid in monthly installments.

I think the listing fees should be like 5 cents, and be refunded if the items sells- because they get the FVF.

With a basic store the rate is 20 cents, and the FVF is 9%, less than that for some categories, but not many.

How many items do you sell in a month?

I have ca. 700 listings on this ID, give or take a few when things sell. My average sell-through is ca. 30-37 items a month, this, too, fluctuates.

Last month I still had the store, and used all 150 FP listings with it. My June 2013 sales were above 1,600

My June 2014 sales were barely over 500.-

That is 1,100 in loss - I will not give this company a dime anymore than what they have melked me the past 16+ years in fees.

This month, July of 2014 I should already have ovr 500.- in sales by the 11th

I have 160.- and three bids for a total of 62.- that run out over the next few days.

My 60 days average of sales fell from 1,600 or more to just 900.-

ebay is of course not worried, becuse they see the fall in sales as a welcome funneling wind ot their fire: The lower the number of the sales in the evaluation period, the higher percentage those few DEFECTS we all have, will mean.

My last few FP items will end this weekend, and I will not relist any of those for 30 cents a listing. It is not only because it would cost me to relist 660 FP items x 30 cents = 198.- but also because of how ebay treats us sellers...the entire DEFECT program, which is an ill-conceived, evil plan, and it will do absolutely nothing to help buyers; just the opposite.

PW

Message 42 of 165
latest reply

Fees lol why pay a fee unless its sold !
Message 43 of 165
latest reply

Ever since I had to change everything to auction I have sold one thing.  That was June 22rd...I am dead in the water.

Message 44 of 165
latest reply

June 23rd, and I have also noticed a significant drop in views.  I can't afford .30 per listing so no FP till the free ones come back.  If they don't I will give up eBay....again.

Message 45 of 165
latest reply