cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

out of over 600 items listed, i'm lucky to see 1 sale a day after averaging 6-10 a day !!!! The rare times I do sell something on an auction, the buyer doesn't pay!!!  SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

4:00PM EST and not 1 sale, not 1 bid, not 1 offer, not 1 question...NOTHING!!!!   normally i'd be selling 10-15 things in a day, now i'm lucky to sell that much in 2 weeks time!  I honestly think i'm being punished by the powers that be for some reason!!!

Message 16 of 165
latest reply

I just found out why my sales are so dead.

My major category isn't even listed under SHOP BY CATEGORY

Stamps on eBay is the largest stamp venue on the planet.

Obviously some management people wouldn't know a rare stamp from a rubber stamp.

Pathetic eBay!

Message 17 of 165
latest reply

Many sellers seem to find sales slower during the summer but the dramatic decline Ebay sellers have expeirenced this year is not due to seasonal cycles. I have always done well in June, July and August.

It appears Ebay sales are down site-wide significantly since early June, most likely due to the data breach and Ebay's lack of preparation for the new Google update. My own sales for the last three weeks in June were down 41% as compared to last year. That despite my having quite a bit more inventory listed this year. July looks better so far, but still down from last year.

Last year I made about 80% of my sales on Ebay and 20% on other sites. This week a majority of my sales have come from other sites. From my experience sales have remained pretty consistant compared to last summer everywhere except Ebay. I don't think this is a summer problem, it is an Ebay problem.

Ebay has stonewalled the whole situation, refusing to awknowledge it or explain what is being done to address it. This refusal to communicate is very frustrating to sellers. I don't know how long to expect this slow period to go on, I don't know what I can do to address it, and I can't make any life plans that depend on having a certain amont of income. Even if it was bad news, I would very much like for someone at Ebay to pass on accurate and useful information to sellers at times like this.

Message 18 of 165
latest reply

My sales were always about the same summer or winter, holidays, etc. I always sold a bunch on New Years eve amazingly.

But it helps to be visible!

This year eBay has become a water slide to the basement!

Message 19 of 165
latest reply

Let's try something. If you go to my listings, I have a radio going on for $125, one bid, 9 watchers. I know, I have the feeling he's the only one bidding. I have had more than those many watchers and nothing. Absolutely nothing but one miserable bid.

latest reply

how useful is this thread when we cant see OPs listings?

maybe there is something wrong with them, or the market has become saturated, for various reasons such as stuff being around for years, too many people selling it.

I have experienced, customers are very sensible to pricing, even less than 10% can make a hudge difference (i.e. no sales at all, and somehow regular activity).

Each time my Markdown sales finish, my sales drop to almost zero, I have to run them all the time as it looks.

Message 21 of 165
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Its always slow in the summer months..sellers have been screaming about this for many years.

Not necessarily. With all the beautiful summer tops and dresses, this is prime time for clothing sellers, normally. Sold only 7 items this month, and I have 1 bid. Number of listings: 620 and I have not relisted another 40 or so items. What for? 2-3 views max.

PW

Message 22 of 165
latest reply

@letz-make-a-deal wrote:

NO!!!! Summer has often times been my best time of year so please don't give me that "it's always slow in the summer" stuff!!!  This isn't slow, IT'S DEAD!!!

Exactly.

Message 23 of 165
latest reply

@slee56 wrote:

I know why my sales are down -- I sell items that people want, typically on an impulse -- clothing, shoes, even collectibles. Ebay changed the rules for listing those items -- either pay 30 cents for the BIN privilege or do an auction for free. These are not auction items, and anyone who has bid with the decision to wait for auction end for shipment has been the sole bidder.

I can't afford the listing fee gamble -- I get that 30 cents is only 30 cents. Multiply that by 200 items, and that is $60 for the privilege of no-guarantee-it-will-even-be-seen listings -- and rinse & repeat every 30 days. Ebay gets plenty of money on FVF, especially since they have that nice set-up with the shipping costs too. Unfortunately, though, they can't get any FVF on items that aren't being sold so they would be better off eliminating the category exclusions they so abruptly put into place a couple of months ago!!

Well it will be interesting to see if Ebay takes a hit from less listings in these categories. To be honest, those are the only categories I will search on Ebay for -- anything electronic or hardware has tons of other sites to shop from!!

I agree with you. I will rather NEVER relist an item than pay 660 x .30 = $198.- for the privilege of my items being hidden from buyers, and sell perhaps 5 things. I am not a masochist. LOL

PWWoman Happy

Message 24 of 165
latest reply

what about a store, 15 dollar, 150 free listings incl. BIN

or not anymore for your category?

Without the 150 free listings, I'd go itchy and scratchy, paying 250*20 cent=50 dollars.

That way it's only 25 dollar, still bad, but i can live with that.

Auctions never really worked for me, they only work on rare items with relatively high prices.

When I got free auctions, I listed more than 100 items as auctions, made a few sales, at starting price, just recovered costs + made a dollar on shipping.

Message 25 of 165
latest reply

@pic_hitechworld wrote:

what about a store, 15 dollar, 150 free listings incl. BIN

or not anymore for your category?

Without the 150 free listings, I'd go itchy and scratchy, paying 250*20 cent=50 dollars.

That way it's only 25 dollar, still bad, but i can live with that.

Auctions never really worked for me, they only work on rare items with relatively high prices.

When I got free auctions, I listed more than 100 items as auctions, made a few sales, at starting price, just recovered costs + made a dollar on shipping.

Thanks, but no thanks. First, I just closed my store. Second, the price you are citing for the basic store would only be valid with the annual subscription, not if you pay monthly (that is 19.99). Thirs, even that would only bring 150 FP listings, does not help  somebody with as many listings as I have. Until ebay issues a Fixed Price listing promo, many of my items won't be relisted. Period.

But, I do appreciate your thoughts. PWSmiley Happy

Message 26 of 165
latest reply

Thanks, but no thanks. First, I just closed my store. Second, the price you are citing for the basic store would only be valid with the annual subscription, not if you pay monthly (that is 19.99). Thirs, even that would only bring 150 FP listings, does not help  somebody with as many listings as I have. Until ebay issues a Fixed Price listing promo, many of my items won't be relisted. Period.

But, I do appreciate your thoughts. PW:smileyhappy:

--> The yearly subscription also only has to be paid in monthly installments.

I think the listing fees should be like 5 cents, and be refunded if the items sells- because they get the FVF.

With a basic store the rate is 20 cents, and the FVF is 9%, less than that for some categories, but not many.

How many items do you sell in a month?

Message 27 of 165
latest reply

almost 700 items on two different user accounts...7:23pm est and still not ONE SALE!!!!  this is absolutely incredible!!!!  something is very very wrong here and i blame ebay!  i can see sales being up and down but its just down in the dirt here and going nowhere fast!!!!  in 9 years on ebay, i have NEVER had it this bad!

thanks ebay!  may be time to say bye-bye!!!

Message 28 of 165
latest reply

Exactly. The listing fees should be refunded when the item sells.

eBay thinks they are an actual Auction house charging Auction fees.

eBay collects listing fees every month on automatic renewals weather the item is seen or not.

They could care less if our item sells.

Message 29 of 165
latest reply

@greatlakesvariety wrote:

almost 700 items on two different user accounts...7:23pm est and still not ONE SALE!!!!  this is absolutely incredible!!!!  something is very very wrong here and i blame ebay!  i can see sales being up and down but its just down in the dirt here and going nowhere fast!!!!  in 9 years on ebay, i have NEVER had it this bad!

thanks ebay!  may be time to say bye-bye!!!

taking your 20% discount away from you if they can shut your traffic off and have no sales.. they will get us one way or the other.. they be comin' for the 20% 

Message 30 of 165
latest reply