cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

out of over 600 items listed, i'm lucky to see 1 sale a day after averaging 6-10 a day !!!! The rare times I do sell something on an auction, the buyer doesn't pay!!!  SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Tell me about it.

Message 2 of 165
latest reply

Its always slow in the summer months..sellers have been screaming about this for many years.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 165
latest reply

NO!!!! Summer has often times been my best time of year so please don't give me that "it's always slow in the summer" stuff!!!  This isn't slow, IT'S DEAD!!!

Message 4 of 165
latest reply

Don't you give us that. You are in the minority! Summer is always slower on eBay. This year continues to be my worse since1998!
Message 5 of 165
latest reply

It is only noon time US EST.  Half of your day is still waiting for you.

Message 6 of 165
latest reply

It's winter in Australia, New Zealand, South America etc.

Message 7 of 165
latest reply

Ebay with Donahoes help has position themselves for disaster,I believe the quarterly stock report comes out on the 15th. If its as bad as we think it is,It could be D-Day for the HOE! Sooner or later Donahoe has run out of moves.

Message 8 of 165
latest reply

I know why my sales are down -- I sell items that people want, typically on an impulse -- clothing, shoes, even collectibles. Ebay changed the rules for listing those items -- either pay 30 cents for the BIN privilege or do an auction for free. These are not auction items, and anyone who has bid with the decision to wait for auction end for shipment has been the sole bidder.

I can't afford the listing fee gamble -- I get that 30 cents is only 30 cents. Multiply that by 200 items, and that is $60 for the privilege of no-guarantee-it-will-even-be-seen listings -- and rinse & repeat every 30 days. Ebay gets plenty of money on FVF, especially since they have that nice set-up with the shipping costs too. Unfortunately, though, they can't get any FVF on items that aren't being sold so they would be better off eliminating the category exclusions they so abruptly put into place a couple of months ago!!

Well it will be interesting to see if Ebay takes a hit from less listings in these categories. To be honest, those are the only categories I will search on Ebay for -- anything electronic or hardware has tons of other sites to shop from!!

Message 9 of 165
latest reply

NO, I am giving you that!  I don't care if i'm in the minority or not.  I'm just saying that because it's summer is not the reason my sales are dead!  I am down about 80% from my average sales!  

Message 10 of 165
latest reply

There are some people you will never convince. They sell in different categories and many sell on multiple venues - so a drop in sales here are not as devastating to them
Message 11 of 165
latest reply

It doesn't matter what time of year that someone posts about slow sales. Invariably, at least one person will respond with the "it's always slow this time of year". So does that mean it's always slow year round? I've been selling for 9 years. My sales are trending down significantly this year. Personally, I think it's a combination of a slow economy, Google not showing us in searches, and changes eBay is implementing across the board.

Message 12 of 165
latest reply

Something's wrong.

I used to have 5-10 watchers and at least a little fight would ensue. Nowadays, they just watch, watch and watch but no bidding.

I am selling, I am not that worried that much because this is like a side job to me. But, my inventory is piling up because there are not that many sales.

latest reply

The same is happening to me and I sell sunglasses. IT SHOULD NOT BE SLOW THIS TIME OF YEAR!

Message 14 of 165
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Its always slow in the summer months..sellers have been screaming about this for many years.

And they don't do much shopping at stores either.

Message 15 of 165
latest reply