cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay showing other Sponsored Listings inside your Listing before your description!?

When did this start? Click on your listing and now, BEFORE your item specifics or description is a gallery of other seller's similar Sponsored listings!!?? This is in addition to even more below your description. A sea of other people's listings within your own listing!!???
It is so crowded it is tough to distinguish what stuff belongs to your own listing you are trying to view and what is not. It isn't clear to the buyer. It causes confusion to the buyer. They may click off your listing because they think what they are seeing it is part of it or are other listings you have (but are not)?
I am NOT happy with this.
eBay please stop pushing other peoples stuff within MY listing, especially up front and in your face before you can even get to my listing details.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: eBay showing other Sponsored Listings inside your Listing before your description!?

Shove as many items into peoples faces as the page will allow. One of them might sell.

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

Re: eBay showing other Sponsored Listings inside your Listing before your description!?

When I go to Walmart I get exhausted trying to make choices of what deodorant, hairspray, candy bar, rice brand, blah blah blah. Shopping has become a terribly exhausting endevour these days.

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

No its information overload. I need a tranquilizer to shop online.

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

I just looked at one of my listings with this stuff coming up. I am delighted to see that many of the other listings coming up on my listing are overpriced and in comparison mine would probably sell because of this. 

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

If you can see what others are trying to sell a similar product straight away you can adjust YOUR listing to be the WINNER. 

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

Yes, the strategy is called RACE TO THE BOTTOM!

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

"Shopping has become a terribly exhausting endevour these days."

On the bright side, I consider Walmart shopping part of my exercise routine.  It's usually a 45-minute walk to get everything I need.

Message 22 of 60
latest reply

These listings have been shown since Promotions Started (2+ yrs ago).

In fact, I do promotions so my items will show on OTHER sellers listings and have since 2020?

Why the 'surprise' now?? 

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

I use my laptop 99% of the time and use Ad Blocker so those "sponsored ads" never show up. If you use a mobile phone and don't use Ad Blockers on your laptop/desktop, the ads will appear. 

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

Buyers are also not happy being inundated on every page with so much other advertising, just to order something, or search for something.  Its so much unwanted info bombarding you.  But ebay just wants to push buyers away with their overselling, aggressive behavior.

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

I agree with you. EBay made it worse. The sponsored stuff was at the bottom of the page, and now EBay moved it to the top. Somebody got paid for doing that, and Buyers and Sellers should deal with that....

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

The "surprise now" is that these OTHER sponsored listings are suddenly appearing BEFORE my Item Specifics and description, not just at the end. So the buyer has to dig/scroll to FIND my description. And we all know it is hard enough to get a buyer to actually read a description.

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

This is very annoying and not fair to the seller!  Ebay needs to change this practice.

Message 28 of 60
latest reply

@mandicrafts wrote:

The "surprise now" is that these OTHER sponsored listings are suddenly appearing BEFORE my Item Specifics and description, not just at the end. So the buyer has to dig/scroll to FIND my description. And we all know it is hard enough to get a buyer to actually read a description.

and again; what is the surprise? It's been this way for over 2 years. 

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

@mandicrafts wrote:

@mandicrafts  You may not have seen the ads when looking at your own listings before, but eBay has definitely been displaying ads above the description for years.

Just an example - here's a post I made in a community chat in December 2021 asking if eBay ever did any UX testing on the listing page because the intrusive ads push the description further down the page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Monthly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-December-29-1-00-pm-PT-Gen... 

Here's the screenshot I included back then....you can see there were ads above the description at that time.

adsabovedescr.jpg

Also, the announcement about the new View Item page design basically proves there have been ads above the description all along - otherwise why would moving the description above the ads be noted as a change?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/We-are-testing-a-new-View-Item-experience-on-desktop/m-p/336521... 

Here are some of the key highlights of what you can expect:

1. Larger images
  2. Increased prominence of the seller information.
  3. Bring critical information like Item specifics and seller description higher up on the page before any modules that show other items & ads.
  4. Improve the hierarchy of the page, so we show the most important information in the right order.

There would be no need to bring IS and description higher up on the page before any ad modules as an expected change in the new design if the description was already higher up on the page before any ad modules in the old design, right?

It may seem like splitting hairs but it could be important when leaving feedback on the new design or communicating your opinion about it to eBay.....if we say we want them to "go back" that could confuse the issue because "back" (old design) had ads above the descriptions too.

If we don't want ads above the description, we need to make sure we are communicating to eBay that we want and fully expect them to honor the changes they promised for the new design - specifically that they will move IS and description above any ad modules on the page.

Message 30 of 60
latest reply