cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does not care.

I had a car accident last month and my eBay boxes were tossed out of my trunk. I was rear ended on the interstate during a storm. 

I had to tell my customers that their money was going to be refunded. I even showed my car with one box still in the trunk smashed!

So now I'm below standard and eBay steals 6% more of everything I sell. It's a G.**bleep** money grab and I'm sick of it. There's other places I have used and now I will start selling there. I'm not mentioning the place because if you're reading this thread, I don't want you to decide the same place because of me. 

Once again eBay is screwing over the U.S. seller. China is again ruling with their drop shipping, thousands of overnight sites. One goes down three pop up. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: eBay does not care.

That's terrible and I hope that you weren't injured in the accident!

Unfortunately, ebay is a business and you are not an employee of theirs. You too are a business. You are held to standards and are expected to deliver on them. The other "places" will hold you to the standards you set for yourself, or that they have in place, as well. 

I do wish you well in your future plans. 

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@clial-9728 wrote:

The best answer for me 'to get rid of such nonsense'  is to leave eBay.  As one Chinese seller told me, "To alleviate the problem(s) is to stop selling, close the account, and then change everything. Change email address, change eBay seller name, use another bank account number." This seller in China is selling hundreds of items a week. Closing his account and then reopening has saved him that 6% extra fee for poor performance. So if he was making $1000 a week and eBay was taking that extra, it's well worth doing what he had done.  Yes, he will start at zero but buyers will still buy from 'new seller's.  By the way, this seller has been charged that extra 6% because he had out of stock items.  Now his shop is back to being full and he's thriving again.  

Well that is very bad advice and something Ebay won't allow you to do.  

If you close an account, there is nothing to "change", that account is closed.  

To open a new account, you would have to have a different Ebay ID and a different email address than your original account.  Your bank account however can be the same, no need to create a new bank account.

If your account has been evaluated as Below Standard for more than 2 consecutive months: We may downgrade your Store to the Basic level. We may place selling restrictions on your account and related accounts, or restrict you from registering a new account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347#:~:text=If%20you...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Yes, this Chinese seller has been a member since 2000. You say "Well that's bad advice and something eBay won't  allow you to do." But he has done it! He gave me his former three store names and I found them, they are closed but still on eBay for some weird reason. He doesn't want to he tracked so he simply closed his accounts. Then opens another one a week later to start over and avoid that stupid 6% extra below performance charge.  I think he changed his bank account so as not to be linked to his old account.  Being that eBay monitors these messages, I won't say what his store name is. Leave it to the Chinese to find ways to exploit or find holes. This time, I appreciate what one has done. 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@clial-9728 wrote:

Yes, this Chinese seller has been a member since 2000. You say "Well that's bad advice and something eBay won't  allow you to do." But he has done it! He gave me his former three store names and I found them, they are closed but still on eBay for some weird reason. He doesn't want to he tracked so he simply closed his accounts. Then opens another one a week later to start over and avoid that stupid 6% extra below performance charge.  I think he changed his bank account so as not to be linked to his old account.  Being that eBay monitors these messages, I won't say what his store name is. Leave it to the Chinese to find ways to exploit or find holes. This time, I appreciate what one has done. 

I realize you are upset with Ebay.  That is abundantly clear.  But bad advice is simply Bad Advice.  You certainly have the right to give it a try if you want.  Whether Ebay catches it right away or at a later date, IDK.  But it is a pretty big risk to take as you could end up banned from selling on Ebay.  However it is your right to make your own choices.

This rule on the penalty fees has not been around since 2000, nor could a new account for this Chinese seller show they have been here that long unless the account already existed and they just started using it after another account of theirs had dropped to Below Standard.  I think it started around 2016, but I could be wrong on the year it started.

Simply closing accounts does not prevent Ebay from linking the accounts together.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

He would also have to change his pc each time too, or Ebay can track him by his IP address.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Sellers can be in hospital getting cancer treatments and that means nothing to Ebay.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Not if they're selling from a country which does not allow tracking of IP addresses.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

The only countries I know that are privacy protected are icelandic countries, such as Switzerland, Norway, and Iceland. Anywhere else the user would have to use a proxy server or VPN.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

China doesn't allow ebay to track users IP addresses.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@clial-9728 

Once again eBay is screwing over the U.S. seller. China is again ruling with their drop shipping,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not Chinese, but what does your accident have to do with China?

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Thats not surpising I guess, I know China blocks all social media sites. 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Ebay is a platform not a caregiver.  Sellers need to have back up plans in case they are incapacititated unexpectedly.  Its the seller's business and responsibility to have insurance, not ebay's.   

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Probably because  the sellers from China can get below standard and just abandon the account and start another whereas someone like the OP can't because they're domestic.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Amazon is an evil corporation with massive money grabs, especially in their Fulfillment by Amazon program which I don't use because the costs are insane. They don't care about little sellers to say the very least. They make inactive tons of listings because their bots want low low prices. I could go on. I'm on there because they do bring the buyers. But we all wonder when our turn to be suspended will come. Oh, and they do not honor tracking as proof of delivery. Ever. It's just the seller's bad luck that the customer claims non-delivery.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply