cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay buyer

Hello im have a lot of trouble with one buyer. i have blocked him on another account after we could not agree on something he gave me negative feedback so i told him that's fine and that ill just block him. he then went on another account bought things from me and has returned everything. What can i do, can he be banned for something like this? he left me over 4 negative feedbacks. like i said i didnt know it was him till i took a look at are first interaction. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay buyer

Definitely get them reported for circumventing your block.  Also, I'm sure you know this now, but never ever tell someone they are blocked.  If they were angry already, nothing good will come of that.  I'm not saying don't block, just don't make a point of doing so.  It's best to never get into a back and forth with a buyer/potential buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

eBay buyer

Go to your Seller Hub and find the transactions. Under "actions" there is a Report Buyer choice.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

does eBay actually investigate, or am i going to get a cookie cutter response? 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@rickywhat wrote:

does eBay actually investigate, or am i going to get a cookie cutter response? 

You may or may not get a response. 

eBay generally does not inform you about the actions it takes against others. 

But it only takes a few seconds to do it, so would you not try? 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

good point. im just annoyed at the fact hes ruined my feedback is all 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@gagnon234 wrote:

Go to your Seller Hub and find the transactions. Under "actions" there is a Report Buyer choice.

@rickywhat 

What you want to report them for is the "Abusive Buyer Policy" (there is actually a link on the policy page to report them)

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374

The subsets are: "Unwelcome and malicious buying" and "Using multiple accounts"

penguins_dont_fly_0-1705761019622.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

Definitely get them reported for circumventing your block.  Also, I'm sure you know this now, but never ever tell someone they are blocked.  If they were angry already, nothing good will come of that.  I'm not saying don't block, just don't make a point of doing so.  It's best to never get into a back and forth with a buyer/potential buyer.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

FWIW I would NEVER tell anyone I'm blocking them... sorry this happened to you! You can probably claim "retaliation feedback" or something

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

Yeah bad idea on my part, but at least i do have prof he used another account as he used the same name and address on both. yeah lesson learned on my end 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

tried that got a cookie cutter response im gonna try to send eBay the screen shots of the two accounts and hope they investigate 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

i just wanted to make sure he did break rules before i proceed 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

Actually his FB contributed to the downfall of your FB score.

How about the person who stated they never received their purchase?

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

he got his money back asap i sent his money within the first 2 days. read it slowly please. he got a refund 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

he makes up for 4 out of 5 of them ill admit that one guy yeah that was one me. but he was given his money back he was just angry and it didn't help he didn't speak English. he was using a translator  

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@rickywhat wrote:

he got his money back asap i sent his money within the first 2 days. read it slowly please. he got a refund 

You have 5 negs. 3 appear to be from your problem buyer. The other two are unrelated. Both of those seem like you messed up as a seller. 

Playing the devil's advocate, is it possible the items you sold the problem buyer were actually not as described like they said? Looking over your listings, you are only providing one photo, and it does not do a good job of showing the condition of the comics. 

Not saying you are wrong here, but to someone just seeing what is presented, you aren't doing a bang up job as a seller of showing the condition of these comics. No matter what you do, you can't block buyers from buying from you. Anyone can log out and buy as a guest. You can only block logged in accounts. eBay will not do anything to this buyer. They returned the items, not scam you out of them. It's unlikely eBay would take any actions against the buyer. Especially if they as a buyer have a good buying history with other sellers, and the use eBay frequently. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply