cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Gave Me Unlimited Seller's Limit

I have not asked for a limit increase in 18 moths and yesterday out of nowhere eBay raised my limit to 1 Billion Listing limit for both items and dollar amount. Today I got another email from eBay and I now have unlimited listing abilities. Anyone know what's up with that? Asking because I like to understand the "why" of things. UNLIMITEDsellerRATE.png

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: eBay Gave Me Unlimited Seller's Limit

Apparently they're doing it for a lot of established sellers.  Good luck understanding why!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I saw another post about this today; the seller was actually worried that they had done something wrong.  I'm curious: What shows up on the Listing Limits help page, instead of the usual numbers:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

It looks like this

ten_o_nine_0-1709765041696.png

ten_o_nine_1-1709765081947.png

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It's like "Much Ado about Nothing".

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Yes! I got that message too and was also confused about it.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@jamiesbodega  They've probably raised limits on a tranche of sellers to keep the site updated and then sent an email blast about it. Just a bit of site housekeeping. There's nothing really to understand - you're cleared for virtually unlimited listing. Go get 'em tiger!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

What do the insertion fees come to on one billion items?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

LOL, when one of my accounts shifted to a billion items and dollars for the limit, on Aprif 1 a few years ago, I was amused and thought it was a joke, but my newest account also received a huge limit after a year or so too. Now I got this in both of those accounts. Hey as far as I'm concerned once your up in the billions, the limits are meaningless anyway. I'll continue to list as much new product as I have time to do! All my online platforms combined only came to 8% of sales last year, but there are always things that will sell well here.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Gee, I'm still at a max of $200,000 a month!  I feel so inadequate.

(not that I'll ever get to that number!) 

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

Go get 'em tiger!

---------------------------------

lol

They are solving a problem that doesn't exist for me, last time I looked I had a limit of 1 million, then a billion, and now unlimited. I never came close to the 1 million or half of that, don't need limit increase, I need sales increase, then we can talk limits.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

What do the insertion fees come to on one billion items?

I was thinking about that earlier.

You get some seller thinking they can list that many for free, then get hit with insertion fee's.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect 

It looks like this

ten_o_nine_0-1709765041696.png

ten_o_nine_1-1709765081947.png

@ten_o_nine 

I'm glad you shared this again. When I first saw it (in another thread), I checked my Seller Hub/Overview and couldn't find any mention of my limits at all. And just now, when I ticked the link that @nobody*s_perfect provided, it took me right to my Seller Hub/Overview again. I find no "Scroll down and find the monthly limits section...", like the help page tells me to do, either.

Where'd y'all find that? 🤔

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

When I click on that link, the page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 7.05.13 PM.png

But on my oldest ID (from 1999) the box just isn't there.  I've read that older ID's just never got assigned explicit listing limits.  I haven't tested that out to see whether the old ID has any limits.  On this ID, I think those limits ($15K/500) are pretty reasonable considering I haven't sold anything on this ID for at least 3 years.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

You can customize your seller hub, just click on customize at top of Page and select "monthly limits"

Message 15 of 16
latest reply