cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your business: Our results.

Is it just me, or does that statement kind of sum up the theme of the last 12 years or so?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Your-business-Our-results-Jordan-Sweetnam-SVP-GM-America... 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Traffic Month?????   Am I the only one seeing a 30% drop in month to month traffic?  (BTW I'm not the only one, others have posted the same).  I'd really like to see how eBay can come up with these numbers, they don't seem to jive with reality.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I have a store and will gladly accept another coupon for shipping supplies. Thank you!
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Perhaps one should take note that the time frame for the wonderful growth has been mainly during the lockdown caused by the pandemic - stores closed, restaurants, entertainment venues and events curtailed, movement voluntarily limited, and other associated issues that cause people to stay home, bored and need something to do. 

Of course, the major unemployment factor of all the stores and shops being limited or closed might have something to do with new sellers - ones that need money for bills, any way they can manage.  It would be interesting to see what the new ad campaign will be like and accomplish.  I sure hope it is better than the one about comparing store prices and ebay prices in the stores.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Perhaps one should take note that the time frame for the wonderful growth has been mainly during the lockdown caused by the pandemic - stores closed, restaurants, entertainment venues and events curtailed, movement voluntarily limited, and other associated issues that cause people to stay home, bored and need something to do. 

@gracieallen01  - it also doesn't note that during this time of growth, there has been an increase in reports of eBay accounts being hijacked/compromised and used for fraudulent activity (both buying and selling).

We've been hit by a triangulation fraud scheme, over 50 accounts identified so far that we believe are mostly compromised accounts being used for the scam.  They got about $50k in sales by us before we realized what was happening, and I'd estimate another $20-$30K or so in attempts that we've cancelled since catching on to the scam. I guarantee we aren't the only company they have gone after.

I'm not saying fraud is nearly as big a factor as COVID, but there are enough reports floating around Twitter and other social media, in addition to the very in depth information I have gathered and reported to eBay, that it shouldn't be ignored, no matter how much eBay seems to want it to be.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Yes, having more time on idle time on their hands, people have also been able to improve and hone certain skills that aren't generally deemed 'socially acceptable'.  And, I don't seem to notice any improvement in the protections against the scams that seem to be on the uptick.  Of course, people can use data and statistics to prove anything they wish, no matter what the exit polls say and there are always plenty of people who wish to believe.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Sounds like the looters aren't just in the big cities, but here, too.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Quit boo-hooing.  You essentially have a turn key business in Ebay that you can list and potentially sell in the next few minutes.  Where else are you going to get the exposure along with payment system ready to go.   Ebay gave out months worth of free listings to everyone and more importantly a chance for folks to make some quick cash while they are sitting at home.   My one wish for the TV ad campaign is to please hire the person who does the Amazon commercials.  Clever quick and efficient.  Ebay ads tend to be way to corny IMO.   

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Ha! The first thing I thought when I read the title of your post: "Your business, your work, we (eBay) cash in on the results", eBay.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Lol, the article title should be:
Your losses: Our gains
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

..."you plant, we harvest"...

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Agree with the awful ad campaign, but no one is boo-hooing, and selling on eBay isn't 'turn-key' - one has to actually create and run it.

Here's a better perspective on what may be a quick blip (though I can't help but hope a bunch of these buyers stick around):

https://www.marketplacepulse.com/articles/ebay-pulled-along-by-the-pandemic

Joe just crunches the numbers.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@hioctane62 

It is quite the oxymoron, no?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@mschacha wrote:
I have a store and will gladly accept another coupon for shipping supplies. Thank you!

A small, dry bone is better than none. I'll gladly take it and try to make some soup, for sure!

I only wish they had some 10" and 12" cubes available for those of us who pay higher FVF fees on shipping overall--simply because we sell things that need bigger boxes.

Bring back the bigger cubes, ebay!!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 15 of 22
latest reply