cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW.. no ebay phone support

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

Think ill take break to sell. AND UP prices high to discourage bid til they end for the month til it they comes back. I don't always like to rely on online response and perfer to have phone in case situations arise. I guess asia was really affected.

They should at least put more REMOTE LIVE CHATS if they don't have call ins.

Message 1 of 128
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yea.. on side note. Got an offer for item ONLY a single item on sale for now (cause im not planning to add more)  Guy sends an offer at 2:30am then asks to CANCEL it at 10:15am. This a new trend lately?????? I had a previous buyer cancel previously for similar.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 43 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

Buyer left neutral feedback in a positive remark. EBAY WONT REMOVE IT. Cause only online support option available. This sucks and I've just ended all my listings not taking any risk here til this is resolved and they bring support options back. I would like this issue fixed ASAP.

Message 2 of 128
latest reply

Neutrals don't hurt you with ebay........buyers will see that it's a mistake IF they look.......  did you try sending a feedback revision?  I don't know if they work on neutrals...

Your choice, but I wouldn't end listings.........it really means nothing..........

Message 3 of 128
latest reply

I've found they respond to emails rather quickly and have handled issues appropriately.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 128
latest reply

I disagree. Friend and 2 people also recommended to end them.. too risky (especially for higher priced items) without phone support. I requested to remove the feedback and got auto reply its not qualified for removal (OBVIOUSLY the email was "not handled appropriately" as you stated). What bull is that Id like to talk to someone instead of deal with a robot. 

If they can't afford to do a live chat they don't need biz now.

Message 5 of 128
latest reply

You still have 100% feedback. And if buyers choose to look harder than that, they'll see the compliment. No, neutral can't be reversed, but it reads pretty well... don't sweat it.

Pull your listings for one of the other reasons your friends give you (maybe), but NOT for neutral feedback! 

Message 6 of 128
latest reply

@sd-brightis wrote:

Buyer left neutral feedback in a positive remark. EBAY WONT REMOVE IT. Cause only online support option available. This sucks and I've just ended all my listings not taking any risk here til this is resolved and they bring support options back. I would like this issue fixed ASAP.

While I know it is annoying to see that on your account.  It won't hurt you at all.

The reason they won't remove it has NOTHING to do with online support or not.  They won't remove it because it does NOT breach any rule.

Now you could email your buyer within the Ebay system ONLY.  Be polite and professional and ask them if it was just a simple mistake.  Depending on how they respond would tell you what your next move it.

If they respond and say that it was what they intended.  Just be polite, say OK and move on.

If they respond that it was a mistake, ask then if they would consider revising their FB.  If they agree to revise the FB and ONLY if they agree to revise FB, then let them know they will receive an email from Ebay in order for them to do that.  It will have a link so they can very easily make the changes.

But DO NOT send a FB revision form without a buyer knowing that it is coming and agreeing to revise the FB.  There are two reasons for this.  First you have a very limited amount of these available to you.  And Second, they have a shelf life.  So if the buyer doesn't know it is coming, so they aren't watching for it, it could time out.  And if it expires, you can not resend a request to revise the FB on the same transaction a second time.

So always best to be in communication with your buyer first and then send the form if they are willing to change the FB.

If you don't like using the Email Customer Support offered on the site, you can always go to Facebook Ebay for business or twitter.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 128
latest reply

@sd-brightis wrote:

I disagree. Friend and 2 people also recommended to end them.. too risky (especially for higher priced items) without phone support. I requested to remove the feedback and got auto reply its not qualified for removal (OBVIOUSLY the email was "not handled appropriately" as you stated). What bull is that Id like to talk to someone instead of deal with a robot. 

If they can't afford to do a live chat they don't need biz now.

I know you must be aware we are in a health crisis.  That is the reason the call center is shut down.  It has nothing to do with money.  I personally support Ebay in their decision to close the call center so that those employees do not have to be potentially put in harms way.

Listing high priced items on Ebay is risky even when the call center is open.  So being on an email system now, twitter or Facebook hasn't got a darn thing to do with increasing your risk.  The risk is there period.

The call center can't help you when an INAD gets filed.  You will take a return and you will refund.  If you want Ebay to help, it is very unlikely as they rule for the buyer at least 98% of the time.

You would be better served by moving to a 30 day return policy with buyer pays shipping so that you can avail yourself of the additional seller protections for TRS.

Message 8 of 128
latest reply

Unfortunately owing to the current virus situation, it isn't possible for eBay to have CSR's manning call centers.  I would figure that while utilizing email and other online forms of communication it might be possible for CSR's to work from home, the use of telephone communications may be too difficult to arrange.  After all, would you want to give your home phone number out and handle such calls on you home or mobile phone?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 128
latest reply

@AskEbay on Twitter seems to be responding to people's requests for help...maybe try that

Message 10 of 128
latest reply

My one and only neutral feedback says "Arrived on time and just what i wanted!"

Ebay would not remove it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 128
latest reply

...I, sometimes, have a thought of wishing I can apply to be Customer Service Rep. for eBay...only after my main job schedules time or on weekend...whatever they pay, it's ok...when you don't work for actual sign of money but for passion, it's a big difference...it would be somewhat helpful for both, Sellers and Buyers in USA soil to get a "real" understanding CSR whom also from where they reside when dealing with dispute matters...

...used to own a business for almost 20 years until a family's matter that made a huge turn in my life and led to my current career which is still doing customer services in another field...

...the complaining in many levels as I have been reading in this forum is quite worrisome...

Message 12 of 128
latest reply

Ok thanks I may try those options below. They could also open more live chats (remotely) if they don't want to use the phone. As for the buyer I sent a message but no response, so I will just move on in this matter.

>> If you don't like using the Email Customer Support offered on the site, you can always go to Facebook Ebay for business or twitter.

Message 13 of 128
latest reply

I'm not re-listing or listing any other items until Ebay steps it up. No customer support and no free listings to people unless you have a store. 

Message 14 of 128
latest reply

@sd-brightis wrote:

Ok thanks I may try those options below. They could also open more live chats (remotely) if they don't want to use the phone. As for the buyer I sent a message but no response, so I will just move on in this matter.

>> If you don't like using the Email Customer Support offered on the site, you can always go to Facebook Ebay for business or twitter.

A live chat doesn't just appear on a website.  There would be programming involved, setting up people working from home with the right equipment, etc.  

I like live chat too and would love to see it return to Ebay.

Message 15 of 128
latest reply