cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

EBAY HAS COME SO FAR OVER THE YEARS TO PULL THIS **bleep** ON YOUR GOOD CUSTOMERS. I DO NOT SELL MUCH ON EBAY MOSTLY THINGS I PURCHASED AND DID NOT USE. I OFTEN FELT COMFORT KNOWING IF I PURCHASED SOMETHING AND IT DID NOT WORK OUT I COULD EASILY SELL IT. NOT NOW YOU HAVE MADE IT TO HARD TO SELL ANYTHING. I DO NO LONGER FEEL LOYALTY TO YOU WITH MY PURCHASES. GO BACK TO PAY PAL FOOLS SAY'S MR "T"

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

It's like deja vu all over again

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Re: WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

MP is here to stay.  For me it works just fine.  For others, if it's a problem, then perhaps another venue would be a better choice.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@cal302 

It's not any harder to sell now then it was before.

As far as going back to Pay Pal, that's not going to happen.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

What information are they asking for managed payments that you already didn't give to paypal when you opened an account there? 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Managed payments is actually no different than paypal. You still transferred money into and out of your bank. Get an account set up and happy selling.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@cal302 

Not sure about Mr T and his posse, but the remainder of us have signed up for MP sometime over the past 18-24 months and it is my understanding, that like Elvis, Paypal has the left the building as an option.  

What is it you're trying to sell that you're finding to be cumbersome?  Mr T's jewelry could be considered high-end, I guess.  Still a market out there for chunky jewelry, I am sure!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Lol!! I love MP on eBay. MP is best thing  eBay has done in years.  I used to get myself in trouble all the time on the old platform. I’ve had to shut down three stores in the pass because of the monthly fees being outrageously high and due all at once. Here’s why, someone like me can easily sell $25000.00 a month!! With the fees due all at once and cash flow always up and down with the cost of shipping and returns, You can easily  come up short when your monthly fees are due especially in January after drop shipping/ Xmas season is over. Now I never have to worry about a $3000.00 monthly fee due all at once. All fees come directly out now. Now for the first time I feel comfortable about selling on eBay without all the stress at the end of the month with fees due all at once, & at the same time as all my other bills.  Thank you eBay!! That is all I have to  say about that !!!: )

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

What happens if you have a bad month and no sales?

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

>Here’s why, someone like me can easily sell $25000.00 a month

>Now I never have to worry about a $3000.00 monthly fee

130719130758.jpg

So are you telling me you make 3,000,000 a year?

For a low cost of 3,000,000, you can donate to the "Help Panda with his anime addiction fundraiser"

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Then you have a bad month and no sales. Things happen. I used to sell really well, and recently I'm not doing so good and that's okay because I know that means I need to adapt to lure in my buyer

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I went to list an item yesterday and Ebay canceled all my sales, which I had none, in the last month or so, and now they are making do something I don't understand. I've had an account for years. Now they want some kind of Account code? And, on top of that, I can't even get in contact with them. They put up canned messages about how can we help you, with not a single option that would help. Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm not stupid. There customer service is no customer service. I don't understand why I have to jump thru hoops and ladders just to sell. As far as they are concerned I'm a new seller. Frustrated. This is the new norm in this world of business. I see ebay losing market share because they keep changing things, and not for the better. I think there are many customers that are frustrated by their **bleep**. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE'RE EXPECTED TO SHIP THE ITEM BEFORE WE EVEN RECEIVE THE MONEY!!!  JERKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

AA screaming-out-loud-smiley-.gif

Do you feel better?  I know I do..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@cal302 wrote:

EBAY HAS COME SO FAR OVER THE YEARS TO PULL THIS **bleep** ON YOUR GOOD CUSTOMERS. I DO NOT SELL MUCH ON EBAY MOSTLY THINGS I PURCHASED AND DID NOT USE. I OFTEN FELT COMFORT KNOWING IF I PURCHASED SOMETHING AND IT DID NOT WORK OUT I COULD EASILY SELL IT. NOT NOW YOU HAVE MADE IT TO HARD TO SELL ANYTHING. I DO NO LONGER FEEL LOYALTY TO YOU WITH MY PURCHASES. GO BACK TO PAY PAL FOOLS SAY'S MR "T"

I signed up for managed payments in November. It took me about an hour to do it for 6 selling accounts. 

I find the calls for the return to PayPal amusing.

About two  decades ago, this board will filled with people complaining that eBay was requiring them to use PayPal.

Then a decade ago, this board was filled with people complaining that eBay had too close a relationship with PayPal, and they needed to be split up. 

Now five years after this board generally cheered Carl Icahn and his corporate raiders for splitting PayPal off from eBay, this board is generally complaining that they can't go back to the "good old days" of PayPal.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply