cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question problem with my charity sales

Ok only serious answers only  . Also sellers or ex sellers answers only . Customers comments are welcome but I doubt they would know . The question is so for every item I post for sale under charity. Do I  commit to pay that even if it never sells ? Cause I’ve noticed that wether a sale is canceled I still have to pay and other such problems questions simple . Is this like ok it sells so I pay my percentage to charity or it’s posted and have to send the money to charity  ?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I will occasionally use a charity on my listings and from my experience, it will only charge you (charity fee) if the item sells. After that (Sale) you will need to submit the payment to the charity. 

If i am not mistaken, the charity fee would be billed separately. Personally i would of liked if all of the fees (including charities, promos, ect.) be taken out at one time with a detailed breakdown. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have always done my charity auctions at 100 percent started at a dollar

they normally end around $1000

the money is not disbursed for a while,in fact you get to keep all the money when its paid for

after 30-40 days you are billed for the amount,you pay it, then the money is sent to the charity

@frso_7864 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Umm no that’s your set up . And that only applies to you I believe I was I don’t understand what u mean about a dollar the least I can set is ten percent .  I mean I’m guessing ur a all charity sales cause that’s like paying EBay to sell for charity not exactly. What I do was sell for 10 percent going to charity I’m not talking about how they charge u ik u invoice it to PayPal when u wanna pay it otherwise u just loose the privilege .  Anyway my question actually was why do I get requested to pay for items that haven’t even sold ? So bassicly I’m saying do we have to pay the ten percent even if it doesn’t sell ? Cause from my charity list looks like every sale I’ve made and listing was there all with the same option 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Actually I’m obviously over explaining I’m just asking do I have to pay just for having for charity Listings ?   Meaning even if no one buys it or watches it I still have to pay is my question 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@frso_7864 wrote:

Anyway my question actually was why do I get requested to pay for items that haven’t even sold ? So bassicly I’m saying do we have to pay the ten percent even if it doesn’t sell ? Cause from my charity list looks like every sale I’ve made and listing was there all with the same option 

My understanding is that you would not be billed for an item that didn't sell, if for no other reason than that you can't donate a percentage of a sale that did not occur.

The other part of your question, though, was whether you would be billed for a sale that was canceled. I would think you should not be billed, no, but eBay's coding skills are not the best, and it would not surprise me if cancelling a sale would fail to remove the donation portion of that sale from your balance due.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@frso_7864 wrote:

Actually I’m obviously over explaining I’m just asking do I have to pay just for having for charity Listings ?   Meaning even if no one buys it or watches it I still have to pay is my question 

no, you don’t owe if your item does not sell.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Any type of 'selling' format that allows you to give a percentage of the SALE to charity, you are only paying when it sells. 

Mostly because many are auctions and nobody knows what 10% of 'who knows what' will be until the Auction has ended. 

If a buyer doesn't pay, the SALE is not complete...therefore the charity gets 10% or 40% or whatever you choose, of $0...so the charity gets nothing.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply