cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

EBAY HAS COME SO FAR OVER THE YEARS TO PULL THIS **bleep** ON YOUR GOOD CUSTOMERS. I DO NOT SELL MUCH ON EBAY MOSTLY THINGS I PURCHASED AND DID NOT USE. I OFTEN FELT COMFORT KNOWING IF I PURCHASED SOMETHING AND IT DID NOT WORK OUT I COULD EASILY SELL IT. NOT NOW YOU HAVE MADE IT TO HARD TO SELL ANYTHING. I DO NO LONGER FEEL LOYALTY TO YOU WITH MY PURCHASES. GO BACK TO PAY PAL FOOLS SAY'S MR "T"

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

@patticakesbabies wrote:

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE'RE EXPECTED TO SHIP THE ITEM BEFORE WE EVEN RECEIVE THE MONEY!!!  JERKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have taken screaming in all caps  to a new level!

-------------
Posting ID
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Re: WHY IS EBAY SO STUPID AS TO BETRAY IT'S CUSTOMERS WITH THIS CROOKED MANAGED ACCOUNT GIMMICK

@themast_26 wrote:

Lol!! I love MP on eBay. MP is best thing  eBay has done in years.  I used to get myself in trouble all the time on the old platform. I’ve had to shut down three stores in the pass because of the monthly fees being outrageously high and due all at once. Here’s why, someone like me can easily sell $25000.00 a month!! With the fees due all at once and cash flow always up and down with the cost of shipping and returns, You can easily  come up short when your monthly fees are due especially in January after drop shipping/ Xmas season is over. Now I never have to worry about a $3000.00 monthly fee due all at once. All fees come directly out now. Now for the first time I feel comfortable about selling on eBay without all the stress at the end of the month with fees due all at once, & at the same time as all my other bills.  Thank you eBay!! That is all I have to  say about that !!!: )

@themast_26 

I am the exact opposite opposite of you. In 2020 I paid a little more than $76K just in FVFs across all of my selling accounts. That number does not include store fees, promoted listing fees, additional insertion fees, or postage labels.

For me the new MP system amounts to a major loss in benefits due to the fact that I can no longer pay for my fees using my credit card which gave me rewards in the form of airline tickets and free hotel stays when I paid for my fees using those credit cards. These rewards usually amount to a cash equivalent of about 8% based on the my purchases or in this case fees that I pay to eBay. 

So now I am just left with being able to gain those rewards by purchasing my postage labels off of eBay and using my credit cards to make those postage label purchases. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I mean, that kind of makes sense why. Its better for them to give it when we commit to shipping it rather then taking the money and running (I have seen sellers do that and I do not like it)

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I decree this the unofficial ebay MP rant thread lol

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

you have no listings???? i have 2400 & sell 1 to none ea day a total disgrace

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@zbay wrote:

you have no listings???? i have 2400 & sell 1 to none ea day a total disgrace

@zbay This thread is over a year old. Why did you resurrect it? 

BTW, @katzrul15  has a posting ID but is an experienced and knowledgeable eBayer.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Don't waste so many calories over managed payments. It's actually not bad at all. Just get set up correctly & then get used to the time frames over the depositis & you will see that it's comparable to PayPal. Of course, there are always good memories with PayPal. However, we must get used to managed payment. Accept & move on!

Hang in there!

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Yup, I'm done with ebay for good.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@gway0417 wrote:

Okay. Bye!

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@gway0417 wrote:

Original topic posted 06-13-2021 

Dead, Necro,  zombie topic man.....

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@gway0417 wrote:

Original topic posted 06-13-2021 

Dead, Necro,  zombie topic man.....

and OP is  still listing..............

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply