cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Magazine to sell on eBay

Hi, everyone.
I sell a lot of old vintage magazines in my store from at least 10 years ago and more.
Now i got Vogue magazines from 2009.
Just before I uploaded the magazine I received a message in red inside the product page:

Your account isn't approved to sell this item, as you were named as a defendant in a lawsuit. This product is either related to that lawsuit or may put you at risk of being named in another lawsuit. Don't relist this item. Doing so will expose you to legal risk and could result in the permanent suspension of your account.

In the condition of the magazine I write: in very good condition, so that means the magazine is second hand. Should there be a problem?
Obviously, if I had put the magazine in Brand new then there is copyright (Vero) here.. but this is a vintage product and until now I have uploaded magazines of other companies from many years ago and there was no problem.
what do you think? I would be happy for advice 🙂

thank you

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Vintage Magazine to sell on eBay

@good4megold4you wrote:

I have no idea what they are talking about

Might be a good idea to find out.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Its the future here now and its TRUSTLESS!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Just an FYI for later, Ebay doesn't consider 2009 as "vintage".  It generally is 20 years or more ago, and 2003 would be the cutoff for referring to something as vintage.  I doubt your issue has to do with the labeling it as vintage, though, and I'm not sure how strict they are about the usage of the word now.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@good4megold4you wrote:
Obviously, if I had put the magazine in Brand new then there is copyright (Vero) here
{snip}

as long as I haven't marked it as a Brank New there shouldn't be a problem no?

New vs Used has absolutely no bearing on VERO claims.

You have mentioned this a couple times and I am curious how you came to this erroneous conclusion.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

🤔Since when is 2009 considered "vintage"?  If that's the case, then I would be considered an antique 😳

Message 20 of 20
latest reply