cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give neg.

Buyers who do not try to contact you when they are not satisfied with purchase item, have no right to give unfair negative feedback unless they first contact seller and at least try to resolve issue. Many buyers only want to give negative feedback. This issue must be corrected by EBay’s policy. This not only hurts the seller, but also, Ebay. This is what I would refer to as being discriminated against since you have no choice but to give positive feedback, which helps the buyer and hurts the seller. I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback. When contacting EBay, they acknowledge your reporting, but refuse to let you know what they have done to resolve issue. What kind of policy is this, after all I thought EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!,,,,

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

You are 100% right. Scammers and bad buyers and sellers are what Ebay is letting them get away with. All you have to do is read some feedback from many members who thrive on Ebay’s Lack of concern. Sad, bottom line is always about the evilness of the almighty dollar.

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!,,,,
_

Life isn't fair. You want fair, play a game that's not a game of chance
Message 32 of 52
latest reply

"We are talking about a buyer who got exactly what was described, lied about item in negative feedback. Does this make it right for EBay to let buyer post negative feedback, let’s be serious!"

---------

How does eBay know this?

That they got what you said?  that they lied?

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

@grandspz wrote:

“...Many buyers only want to give negative feedback..

Do not believe this statement is accurate.

Most buyers are honest, and would be quite opposed to leaving unfair negatives. In fact, some unhappy buyers elect to leave no feedback at all in place of a neutral or negative.

Negative feedback can sting and i am so sorry you are upset by it. Believe me, one negative comment in a sea of green has very little, if any, authority to hurt your account.

It is obvious you are a good seller and it would be a shame for you to give this one more ounce of your emotional energy. Don’t let this get you down—you are better than this. Dust off and get back to it, putting this behind you. Best wishes!

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

What would really help is if feedback removal was handled on a case by case basis by customer service personnel who fully speak English and can carry on a conversation without reading from a script and have a IQ of 85 or higher.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 35 of 52
latest reply

And if they got what they were supposed to get ....

Why would you ask eBay to let sellers get a Second Chance to correct things?

Thanks, but i'm confused?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Your reply is fair, however we are talking about buyers who receive exactly what was described, and then lie in there negative feedback about item. There is no place for this anywhere. Reporting this to Ebay is only option, it is very clear to anyone that this negative feedback all a lie, except I guess Ebay. 

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

"If buyers request a return and then decide not to return something, how does this mean bad buyers and scammers are misusing the policies? You even said the case was closed in your favor."

WHEN MORE BUYERS DO SAME THING ITS MEAN SOME HAVE BAD INTENTION AND SOME BUYERS ARE RIGHT, BUT WHEN THIS KIND OF TREND START INCREASING THAT MEAN  THAT KIND OF  BUYERS ARE NOT GOOD, SOME ARE SCAMMERS AND BAD BUYERS TOO.

If they filed SNAD and sent you back a rock, that would be abusing the policy. Deciding not to go through the hassle of returning is NOT a scam.

IF BUYER SEND THE ROCK TO SELLER AND BUYER ABUSING THE POLICY THEN WHERE IS SELLER PROTECTION? WHAT PROTECTION SELLER HAVE? FIRST SELLER HAS TO OFFER FREE RETURNS THEN SELLER HAS TO GIVE PARTIAL REFUND TO BAD BUYER, THEN WHERE IS SELLER PROTECTION? 

Things are fair. The same rules apply to most sellers. The same rules apply to most buyers. They do not get the same rules because one group is considered more professional and one group is customers. This has not been a peer to peer site for over a decade. Sellers like the sales that go along with there being a professional site yet some don't want to be professional.

I AM NOT AGAINST BUYERS OR SELLERS I AM AGAINST THE BAD BUYER AND BAD SELLER AND SCAMMERS AND COMPETITORS WHO ARE ABUSING THE POLICY . I WANT SEE EBAY  IMPROVE WHERE ITS NEEDED AND BETTER PLATFORM FOR BOTH SELLER AND BUYERS.

For me to return something, I have to take time off work, and listing, drive 5 miles in to town and drop it off, or expect my husband to do it.

Now, I only ship on Monday, because that's my one day off, which could be too late to return.

So depending on how much it cost, I might just neg the seller and not return. 

If that makes me bad buyer, then whatever. I don't need to resort to screaming in all caps to get my point across.

Honestly, with the way some sellers act so unprofessional, I wonder why they don't have more negs...oh wait they call eBay and play rep roulette till they get them removed.

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

Some negatives that buyers dish out are ridiculous and should be removable, however that really depends on what it was, rather it violated policy or not and how much effort a seller wants to put in to calling however many times in to Ebay to get different CSR's until they find the right one to have sympathy and maybe remove the unwanted negative. Your selling performance however is not affected by your feedback, so 1 bad feedback is not going to hurt you or dissuade future buyers. Most will look at how you respond and base their decision from that.

You can however view what kind of feedback that buyer has left for other sellers. Now if that is a sea of red and grey you can report that buyer for abuse and maybe Ebay may do something about it. If all sellers would report those types of buyers would be even better! I had one just the other day, however I leave Best Offer on all listings as it seems no one can help themselves to try and get something cheaper so it gives me the opportunity to view their feedback left to others and hurriedly block them when warranted. In that case it was absolutely required, the only positive that buyer had left ANY seller was for refunds without returns. If she had to return the item...definite negative.

Some buyers are unreasonable and in some sense I can understand how purchases would be frustrating when sellers don't send what they listed and described. A buyer is not required to work with you in the event they feel they didn't get what they purchased. While it is ideal that a buyer contact you beforehand and give you the opportunity to fix any issues, it isn't a requirement. Just block the buyer and move on, 1 bad feedback isn't worth the stress.
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

If someone opens a return and fails to return an item how is this fair to sellers? It counts against a seller in their return metrics, even if the case is closed in the sellers favor Ebay will not remove them. Too many returns then you get hit with a 5% final value fee increase. I've found most who open a return and fail to return the item were those that were simply fishing for a freebie or at the very least a partial refund. Some sellers will refund without return for whatever reason, and I think some buyers come to expect it especially if it is a cheaper item, which is why many do it.

It should be common sense that if you want a refund you should have to return the product. I'm not aware of any company, other then amazon, who will provide a refund without the return of an item and I think even Amazon is sick of losing money to fraudulent buyers and are now cutting down on the amount of returns/refunds a customer may do before receiving a permanent ban.

So in some instances those who open returns and fail to return are absolutely 'bad buyers', as they never had any intention of returning just seeing what they could get out of the seller while damaging their account in the process.
Message 40 of 52
latest reply

you represent only one side of this topic, other side is there are also bad buyers and scammers, and the current policies has some loop holes which allow scammers or bad buyers or competitors to take advantage.

First, I don't "represent" anything. I was addressing a very specific point - I simply explained why eBay does not require buyers to jump through additional hoops before leaving a negative. 

your explanation is good for good buyers, but not all buyers are good

I agree. In fact, my most common post on this board over the past five years (and I make it regularly) is that "any buyer can steal any item from any seller at any time by filing a fraudulent dispute". 

But once again, I was responding to one very specific point - I was explaining why eBay has never (and will never) require buyers to jump through additional hoops before leaving a negative.

If you want to change the topic and talk about buyers who file returns and don't return the product, have at it. But please don't drag me into a discussion I did not start and did not respond to. 

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

I think a GREAT POSITIVE CHANGE in here (I know, they are VERY RARE these days) would be for Ebay to REQUIRE the buyer at least 'contact' the seller before being able to leave negative feedback. Once that's done, it's fair game for both parties.

Why would that be so difficult??

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

I think a GREAT POSITIVE CHANGE in here (I know, they are VERY RARE these days) would be for Ebay to REQUIRE the buyer at least 'contact' the seller before being able to leave negative feedback. Once that's done, it's fair game for both parties.

It wouldn't be difficult.

But it also wouldn't help, and IMHO it might even be counter-productive. If a seller has given me such shoddy treatment that I am not even interested in contacting him about it, finding out that I have to send him a "hello" before I can leave a negative might just tick me off even more. I might reconsider and make sure I file a case AND give him a negative. 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

Dear seller

Please have a look at your feedback as I'm about to give you a red donut.

Regards

Unhappy buyer

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:
you represent only one side of this topic, other side is there are also bad buyers and scammers, and the current policies has some loop holes which allow scammers or bad buyers or competitors to take advantage. your explanation is good for good buyers, but not all buyers are good. same not all sellers are good, so the check and balance policies need alot of improvement, i have so many returns mostly buyers like to tricked me by selecting any reason but when time frame passed they do not return the product and case close in my favor, so when this happen a lot its mean scammers and bad buyers are abusing the policies and increasing so fastly.

You are talking about two different matters.  It does not necessarily mean that a buyer is a bad buyer if they do not contact the seller for resolution.  Experience may drive their decisions.  Not contacting the seller for resolution does not mean the buyer is scamming.  

Message 45 of 52
latest reply