cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give neg.

Buyers who do not try to contact you when they are not satisfied with purchase item, have no right to give unfair negative feedback unless they first contact seller and at least try to resolve issue. Many buyers only want to give negative feedback. This issue must be corrected by EBay’s policy. This not only hurts the seller, but also, Ebay. This is what I would refer to as being discriminated against since you have no choice but to give positive feedback, which helps the buyer and hurts the seller. I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback. When contacting EBay, they acknowledge your reporting, but refuse to let you know what they have done to resolve issue. What kind of policy is this, after all I thought EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!,,,,

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

@uniwarehousewares wrote:
i agree with you, buyer has to contact the seller before leaving feedback because feedback is what buyer experience about transaction or item, so seller should be given always a chance to make it right for buyer if buyer is right, in some cases scammers or competitors come and leave you negative feedback to upset your motivation, so do not give up, i had almost 26 negative feedback but i fought for it when i am on my right and get it removed.
here is tip :
No matter what, always being professional with buyer, always first try communicate with buyer to solve the issue but if buyer refuse to get resolution from you then call cs then you no need waste your time with such dumb buyers, ...

I am pretty much a seller only and I find much of your seller advice ridiculous.  Telling buyers they must contact a seller prior to feedback only encourages blackmail in my opinion. 

I've worked out feedback revisions with a few buyers for errors I made.  I've called ebay a couple times for feedback removal for obvious errors, such as when the buyer told me they mixed me up with another.   I do not believe every bad feedback needs to be fought by calling over and over until you get your way.

Every unhappy buyer isn't a scammer.   All of your 26 negatives were scammers and you never made any mistakes?  You say be professional, but in the same sentence you call your buyer that isn't happy with your resolution, a dumb buyer.   Since feedback is supposed to be about the seller, and not the product, I feel some sellers deserve their negatives.

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

"If buyers request a return and then decide not to return something, how does this mean bad buyers and scammers are misusing the policies? You even said the case was closed in your favor."

WHEN MORE BUYERS DO SAME THING ITS MEAN SOME HAVE BAD INTENTION AND SOME BUYERS ARE RIGHT, BUT WHEN THIS KIND OF TREND START INCREASING THAT MEAN  THAT KIND OF  BUYERS ARE NOT GOOD, SOME ARE SCAMMERS AND BAD BUYERS TOO.

If they filed SNAD and sent you back a rock, that would be abusing the policy. Deciding not to go through the hassle of returning is NOT a scam.

IF BUYER SEND THE ROCK TO SELLER AND BUYER ABUSING THE POLICY THEN WHERE IS SELLER PROTECTION? WHAT PROTECTION SELLER HAVE? FIRST SELLER HAS TO OFFER FREE RETURNS THEN SELLER HAS TO GIVE PARTIAL REFUND TO BAD BUYER, THEN WHERE IS SELLER PROTECTION? 

Things are fair. The same rules apply to most sellers. The same rules apply to most buyers. They do not get the same rules because one group is considered more professional and one group is customers. This has not been a peer to peer site for over a decade. Sellers like the sales that go along with there being a professional site yet some don't want to be professional.

I AM NOT AGAINST BUYERS OR SELLERS I AM AGAINST THE BAD BUYER AND BAD SELLER AND SCAMMERS AND COMPETITORS WHO ARE ABUSING THE POLICY . I WANT SEE EBAY  IMPROVE WHERE ITS NEEDED AND BETTER PLATFORM FOR BOTH SELLER AND BUYERS.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

i agree with you on one point that every unhappy buyer is not a scammer, i always care of my buyers even i send them gifts with the purchases, i call a bad buyer as dumb , bad buyer deserve bad because they have bad intention, we are human and we do mistakes so seller deserve to have a chance to make it right for buyer in term of replacement or full refund with flexible offers, if buyer do not give chance to seller to make it right that means buyer is rude not just unhappy or it could be competitor . whenever i made mistake i always give fast resolution to buyer in term of full replacement or full refund without any question. but if i know i am good with buyers same time i cannot entertain scammers. good buyers deserve good also some gift with purchases but scammers they must be out of it and how i know if someone is scammer, you can know it once you are scammed. its not about or against anyone its about check and balance. i wish good for good buyers and wish good for good sellers, bad seller or bad buyers should be kicked out , they are effecting the market in bad way.

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

I gave a seller a less than good feedback because she refused to tell me why they sent me the wrong hat, and not the one pictured. She told me to sell my hat to someone else. Whaaa ? she offered me a discount refund, but I closed my Paypal account. It isn't the money that bothers me, it's the fact that no one can tell me how a wrong hat gets sent. If I had done that as a seller, I would tell her keep the hat, and I will mail you the one you ordered. I hate to leave bad feedback, but the verbal sparring gets old in a hurry. Simple question "why did you send me the wrong hat ?"
Message 19 of 52
latest reply

"i agree with you, buyer has to contact the seller before leaving feedback because feedback is what buyer experience about transaction or item, so seller should be given always a chance to make it right for buyer"

---------------

All sellers have the chance (and obligation) to make it "right" for the buyer

by sending the correct item, the first time, in proper condition.

It's that easy.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

I would strongly disagree that feedback doesn’t mean anything. There are so many times , by reading feedback, discovered some pretty bad sellers.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Your response is very wrong. Items sold are described exactly what they are. Certain buyers only want to give negative feedback with lies about item in there negative feedback. This hurts the seller, and has no right to be given.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

You are right about concerns on shipping. Even though, I see many seller feedbacks with ridiculous comments. I always send items same day when purchased and still get some pretty stupid replies. Hey, I can’t control the postal service, can you?

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

How about this ... what if once a buyer leaves negative feedback, they give up any chance of a refund or return.

It's not going to solve all feedback issues, but it might help.

"You should have contacted me for a refund BEFORE leaving me this negative feedback.  Good luck now!"

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 24 of 52
latest reply

"Your response is very wrong. Items sold are described exactly what they are. Certain buyers only want to give negative feedback with lies about item in there negative feedback. This hurts the seller, and has no right to be given."

---------

I disagree.

Many or most of us .. have sold hundreds or thousands of items, without getting negative feedback.

eBay has not way to tell who is telling 'lies' in most circumstances.

Especially when both seller and buyer claim they are telling the truth.

Therefore, eBay gives the buyers the right to give feedback, including negatives which appear to hurt sellers.

I'm sorry this happened to you

but I don't believe eBay will give sellers the 'second chance' some have suggested here, before allowing buyers to leave feedback.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

I have received some pretty stupid feedback, especially when postal service screws up on shipping time, and I have no control. Why even have feedback if it doesn’t mean anything. Time to stop giving feedback.............

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

Wow, are you for real.

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

You must be a buyer.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

I would think you do not know if the item was actually as described. You stated many in mint condition and even stated the years. Rolled straight from a bank without checking and you know all that info ? The buyer is the one who checked what you said and disagrees with your listing. A buyer does not deserve a negative just because they give a seller a negative.

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

We are talking about a buyer who got exactly what was described, lied about item in negative feedback. Does this make it right for EBay to let buyer post negative feedback, let’s be serious!

Message 30 of 52
latest reply