cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREASON Ebay partnered with Google and China to sell counterfeit US stamp

How else can I understand it?  They censor us over every little thing we say so it is obviously permitted.  The first thing I see this morning is one of the unending ads for this roll of stamp at half price.   From China!  This is not a mistake.  It is not an accident.     All the FAANG companies are in on this.  treason.jpg

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: TREASON Ebay partnered with Google and China to sell counterfeit US stamp

I am sorry to say that this is old news.  Counterfeit postage stamps have been coming out of China for several years now.  It started with Forever stamps and now includes others.  The counterfeits show up everywhere on the web, not just eBay and Amazon, and the USPS fights this all the time. 

Here is some info from USPS, including a place to report sellers of counterfeit stamps:

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/counterfeit-stamps

-

Message 16 of 67
latest reply

Who needs documentation if the USPS Says they are valid US Postage? Why would that be necessary?

Message 17 of 67
latest reply

@deltilogical   did u report the listing? all ebay listings have a 'report this item' button on them.

Message 18 of 67
latest reply

@oletooks wrote:

Yes, the postal officials confirmed that they are valid USPS Postal Stamps!

In person, right?  Someone at a Post Office personally and physically examined the stamps, right?  Otherwise, you have zilch.

Message 19 of 67
latest reply

The problem is that labor is expensive here. Everyone wants inexpensive items.  You can't get that if American made unfortunately.    Anyway, these counterfeit stamps are all over Facebook too. I read an ad the other day and the next morning I had 3 more ads for the same fake stamps but from different companies. It's obvious if the stamps are way below price, they are fake.  Both Ebay and Facebook do a very poor job monitoring this.  

Message 20 of 67
latest reply

Treason?     that kind of hyperbole is kind of useless in my opinion...

never understood why people don't blame the sellers for this kind of counterfeit stuff.....if people didn't buy it to sell, China (whoever) wouldn't sell it....

Manufacturers have moved production to cheaper labor areas for years........Textile mfg went from England to New England in the 1800's.....to the south in this century to Latin America.....to the Far East.....  and will probably end up in India after China........ 

And don't forget the rise (and fall) of Japan........in the 90's "they" were going to take over the world with the electronics mfg........

Fact of economic life.......production will seek the cheapest cost, build up an economy until wages become more than elsewhere.....and then will move to the elsewhere.......  Economies benefit by more money in circulation during the "boom" times and will "invent" non manufacturing jobs for displaced manufacturing workers as manufacturing moves on........  perfect system.......absolutely not....  but it has raised the standard of living from an uneducated agrarian/barter system in many countries......

Message 21 of 67
latest reply

Yes, that is exactly what was done.

Message 22 of 67
latest reply

should be able to locate documents that show USPS selling older forever stamps at a substantial discount. I doubt one could find such documentation.

Yes and no.

There are valid US postage stamps sold legally every day oneBay and elsewhere at discounts.

The rolls of current Forever stamps are, I believe, sold at Costco for a discount. And USPS is supplying them directly. 

On eBay those rolls pictured above are very questionable, especially at the kind of discounts specified.

However, many stamp dealers, here and in shops, buy tonnes of valid postage daily at steep discounts and sell at lesser discounts.

Because : collectors.

The USPS has a Fulfillment Centre where stamp collectors can buy current issues (at full face). They do this to keep their collections up to date when local post offices prefer the low labour alternative of making labels.

We get those collections of mint never hinged and valid postage stamps when the collector dies. The widow brings in $10,000 in face value postage, often more and often in the original never opened package, and we buy at well under face.

Turning the stuff in the estate into money, which is more useful.

Surprisingly some collectors will have those rolls. Perhaps the intention was to check them for valuable varieties. Perhaps it was the OCD kicking in. Perhaps the collector was really a hoarder.

So yes there are valid, legal, postage lots available on eBay.

What we postage resellers /stamp dealers won't have is multiple rolls of Forever stamps. That's not how our collector base thinks.

Fun fact, every stamp of the USA since the end of your Civil War is still valid for postage.  Even the Jenny Invert.

Message 23 of 67
latest reply

Who needs documentation if the USPS Says they are valid US Postage? Why would that be necessary?

For the same reason eBay often requires sellers to provide receipts and proof of where they bought the items they are selling. 

Message 24 of 67
latest reply

Treason?     that kind of hyperbole is kind of useless in my opinion...

never understood why people don't blame the sellers for this kind of counterfeit stuff.....if people didn't buy it to sell, China (whoever) wouldn't sell it....

Manufacturers have moved production to cheaper labor areas for years........Textile mfg went from England to New England in the 1800's.....to the south in this century to Latin America.....to the Far East.....  and will probably end up in India after China........ 

And don't forget the rise (and fall) of Japan........in the 90's "they" were going to take over the world with the electronics mfg........

Fact of economic life.......production will seek the cheapest cost, build up an economy until wages become more than elsewhere.....and then will move to the elsewhere.......  Economies benefit by more money in circulation during the "boom" times and will "invent" non manufacturing jobs for displaced manufacturing workers as manufacturing moves on........  perfect system.......absolutely not....  but it has raised the standard of living from an uneducated agrarian/barter system in many countries......

Totally agree with regards to normal production. It's the counterfeiting that I have issues with. To the best of my knowledge USPS is not producing stamps in China. Give it time and USPS will probably have to watermark the stamps to prevent, or at least make it more difficult to counterfeit stamps. 

Message 25 of 67
latest reply

#1 Best Seller in office supplies with not 1 negative review.ScreenShot Tool -20230329133430.png

Message 26 of 67
latest reply

Yes, that is exactly what was done.

So this posting has gotten so interesting that I am going to place an order. Since I am in the Washington DC area it's not a problem to take these to the  U.S. Bureau of Engraving & Printing where the USPS has its stamps printed to get them authenticated. 

If they are authentic then heck of a buy. If not I will just file a NAD along with the documentation from the Bureau. 

Message 27 of 67
latest reply

It obvious that that was not written by someone whose cradle tongue is English,.  Also, it is not true that that one of those Forever stamps covers the cost of one ounce of international postage.  There is a Global Forever stamp, which carries one ounce anywhere in the world, but it is always a different design than the domestic Forever stamp and always more expensive, of course.  They are currently $1.45 each. 

-

Message 28 of 67
latest reply

What I read is the postal service cannot detect counterfeit stamps. 

But you can report the seller to the USPIS here:

United States Postal Inspection Service

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 29 of 67
latest reply

It's wonderful that you enjoy fine print, but that has nothing to do with why I posted the performance of the listing on Amazon. I haven't seen proper grammar since the 90's. And again, the listing hasn't received any negative ratings, even with the false advertising. Stamps are currency as far as I'm concerned. There's not one American who wouldn't pay $0.80 for $1.00 all day long.

Message 30 of 67
latest reply