cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ebay just sent me an email saying " Listings Not Moving, We've Got Ideas"... blah blah blah.  Cracks me up that the data they included in the message is obviously wrong....blah blah blah....please send us more money to promote your listings.

I've had 3 days of slow sales right in a row and then I get this message.  Coincidence?... I'm not so sure.  I'm really developing negative feeling about Ebay and feel like they are working against me most of the time.

Yeah I've got ideas too..... Ebay stinks, the platform doesn't work half the time, most of this week the Seller Hub has had a message that Ebay is having technical difficulties, and they are trying to extort more money from me to provide the service I am already paying for and not getting.

The nerve of Ebay....

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I just got that same email and felt the exact same way! Of course I can’t post what I really want to say. zipper_mouth

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ha ha ha. This post reminds me of an antivirus company who infects your computer then says "Hey your computer is infected!! Buy our antivirus software to protect yourself."

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

It was a rather hurtful email.  I didn't know I was doing so poorly.

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I got the same message and am still laughing about it.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

They might as well send a threatening email saying "not promoting your listings? Sure would be a shame if something happened to them"

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Just another bot mail, don't take it personally...

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

"Ha ha ha. This post reminds me of an antivirus company who infects your computer then says "Hey your computer is infected!! Buy our antivirus software to protect yourself."

Sort of, they did suggest in the Email : 4. Promote Your Listings...

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@flyingmvp wrote:

It was more than a bot mail. It was a menacing message....

Like.... promote your listings or else....

Didn't like it.  Whoever developed that email is a snake....  

Is Ebay trying to make my skin crawl?  Ick....  not a good feeling.

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@webwanna wrote:

@flyingmvp wrote:

It was more than a bot mail. It was a menacing message....

Like.... promote your listings or else....

Didn't like it.  Whoever developed that email is a snake....  

Is Ebay trying to make my skin crawl?  Ick....  not a good feeling.

I'll second that! Like they had enough time to put together that email and yet won't spend the time fixing the site, WHICH IS the exact reason we are having carppy sales to begin with. FIX YOUR SITE EBAY!

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@bigdeals.etc 

"Ha ha ha. This post reminds me of an antivirus company who infects your computer then says "Hey your computer is infected!! Buy our antivirus software to protect yourself."

just like what I say (about all of these corporate ecommerce sites) :

they poison the water then sell you the antidote.

kinda evil

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@webwanna  I started a thread on it too ... https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/quot-Listings-not-moving-We-ve-got-ideas-quot/m-p/30374219#M15...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Yeah, It does sucks, you're not alone, the holidays around the corner, your sales will get better, hang in there!

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@monstertoybox wrote:

I'll second that! Like they had enough time to put together that email and yet won't spend the time fixing the site, WHICH IS the exact reason we are having carppy sales to begin with. FIX YOUR SITE EBAY!

Exactly.  All that is rolled up into my general feeling of ickiness when I opened and read that email.  Totally tone deaf moronic move... & a bit menacing to boot....

FIX YOUR SITE EBAY!!!!!!!!!!  

Message 15 of 56
latest reply