cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

Finally after all days of good and pain, eBay has taken some step to protect good sellers from Oct 1st , OH YEAH Now i will be feeling screaming of scammers 🙂

LOVE EBAY 🙂 

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

But does a top rated seller have to offer free returns to get these benefits?

Message 61 of 121
latest reply

Re: THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

From msg # 9

Hi @collectfest, all a Top Rated seller will need to do is offer 30 day returns, accept the return, and issue a refund (or partial refund) to qualify for the protections. We go off of Top Rated sellers track record, we do not need proof. I suggest that you read the FAQ here for more details. 

Message 9 of 62
Message 62 of 121
latest reply

to criticize about policies where its need improvement is right in my opinion,but if at least eBay is going to take some steps to protect sellers little bit , appreciate it rather then criticizing on it, every seller has different views, they take input from us and off course they have to care of market place, not just based on any suggestion they will add it up, there is process for that.
Message 63 of 121
latest reply

you cannot assume anything before the policy came in to effect, i am not defending eBay i have some regrets too on some policies of eBay but when eBay is trying to do something good then appreciate it rather then keep criticizing on it. everything cannot be fix in one time. Adyen will not help scammers, scammers run to paypal to get their money even case is close in seller favor, that is reason eBay wants to bring adyen, recently you heard of that paypal was not going to refund transaction fee when even product is not shipped, after alot of complaints they put it on hold, so Adyen will be better in my opinion because in case of cancellation seller also get his transaction fee back or may be there would be no transaction fee who knows, lets hope for better.
Message 64 of 121
latest reply

in my opinion eBay do not have enough protection for sellers when its comes to expensive items, that is reason ebay is going to start warehouse (mediocre) 2020 where seller can handover all responsibility to eBay, they will pack, ship and will take care of return and feedback, and i think its good option to for the sellers who want to sell expensive items.
Message 65 of 121
latest reply

even if they have false SNAD and once you receive the product back and you can always deduct 50% if you found its false claim, like the brian said in one of his post on this thread that eBay will not ask question or proof from seller about it, but to qualify for these kind of protections, seller must be TRS and must offer 30 days return policy, so even if you no offer 30 days free returns you will have enhanced protection.
Message 66 of 121
latest reply

no, trs no need to offer free returns to get these benefits,here is criteria to qualify for benefits
1 : be a top rated seller
2 : offer 30-days returns
3 : reside in US
4 : List your item on ebay.com and you are protected whether you ship the item to a buyer in the US or internationally
Message 67 of 121
latest reply

you can always deduct 50% if you found its false claim,

let's be clear..........you can deduct IF the item is damaged or not in the condition you sent it.......  You will not be able to deduct IF the buyer claims your measurements were wrong.................

Message 68 of 121
latest reply

**general reply**

Let's all remember that every bit of this is moot as long as bad buyers can still make new accounts. Until bad buyers are banned by name/address/IP/financial info (like they do with sellers) it's all just empty words on a page. Scammers will just make a shiny new account and continue on.

When Ebay comes out and says they have instituted blanket bans for bad buyers, then and only then will I believe anything said about seller protections. Until then,  it's up to me to protect myself as it has always been.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 69 of 121
latest reply

This seems to me to be a good step. At the very least, when scammers are subject to a 50% discounted return, it should slow down all but the worst of them. eBay is forcing themselves to better track and analyze the return process because their own funds are more at risk.

Some of the comments posted here make me think that there are also some bad sellers that will try to use this to their advantage and eBay will be monitoring them also. Let's give it a chance and see if things get better after it is fully implemented.

Message 70 of 121
latest reply

please read my post clearly, i have mentioned the word " false claim" false claim means when some bad buyers try to trick seller in order to get partial refund or sometime send different message and when open return then select different reason, there are plenty of scenarios about it.offcourse when product do not match with the listing then buyer claim will not be false claim. i am talking about only false claim.
Message 71 of 121
latest reply

i am not a lawyer of eBay but why i must add here, since i have concierge cs things are better and different, i can feel some protection on eBay only i have objection with eBay on policy of seller metrics which is too unfair policy , Beside that i love eBay. something we learn by experience no matter if there are policies are not, some policies need improvement and i would suggest any member on this board to call cs if you believe you have something really have valid explanation where policy can be improved to let cs know about it to pass your suggestions to their internal team so they can look in to that , policies always need improvement.

Message 72 of 121
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@zamo-zuan wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@jocli76 wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

Thanks for the reply, again, how will they determine the criteria for what you describe as falsely return case. Not challenging you, I do thank you for the update. I find it frustrating and am unable to get excited about a policy such as this. Seems aloof without any teeth if their are not concrete method to assess each case. Until a see an explanation about the process, I will just assume business as usual that customer is king.

Hi @collectfest, all a Top Rated seller will need to do is offer 30 day returns, accept the return, and issue a refund (or partial refund) to qualify for the protections. We go off of Top Rated sellers track record, we do not need proof. I suggest that you read the FAQ here for more details. 

I read the FAQ link provided, very helpful would encourage others to read.

Take care

How is it a protection when the seller has to give a refund to the false claimant in order to get the protection?

Does ebay then do an investigation and give the refund back to the seller if later? Let the buyer keep the refund? All I see is that ebay will give up to $6 shipping refund.

Hi @jocli76, in addition to the $6 shipping credit offered when a buyer falsely says an item isn't as described, we will also be removing negative feedback, defects, and Seller Metric cases. Sellers also have the option of only refunding up to 50% of the item cost instead of a full refund if the item is returned in an altered condition. Partial refunds are currently only available to sellers who offer free returns. When these new protections go live, Top Rated sellers who offer 30 day returns (they do not have to be free returns) will also be able to offer partial refunds based on the condition of the returned item. Sellers that are not Top Rated or that do not offer free returns will not have these added protections. 

How exactly will it be determined if it is a "falsely stated item is not described"?

Based on the Spring update, we were given all the Sellers Protections that sounded good, until we called in and were told it only applies if the buyer is determined an "Abusive Buyer". And if we report them as an abusive buyer, we will not retroactively have any metrics or feedback removed.

Is this going to be the same?

Hi @zamo-zuan, this is covered in the link I've provided in this thread. All a seller needs to do is report the buyer while issuing a refund through the returns flow. A credit will then be provided on the sellers next invoice. 
Seller Protections.JPG

The only time Seller Protection is an actual protection is if Ebay will cover all the sellers scam returns.

Partial still means scammer gets to keep 1/2 and seller still loses 1/2.

If it is the greatest thing since slice bread, why does Ebay not do this

Greetings,

How am I losing half if I get my item back? Not an argument just asking. 

My understanding is that if you are offering a partial refund, the buyer is keeping the item if they accept the refund. You do not get the item back. The seller loses up to 1/2 of their money and the buyer keeps the item and the money.

Offer a partial refund – You'll issue a partial refund to the buyer, and they'll keep the item.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115

posting ID only
Message 73 of 121
latest reply

This 50% is not discussion about a half off clearance sale price if a buyer wants to keep the item after receiving it. Frankly I think the sellers that offer partials, unless the buyer proves to the seller that the item was flawed in some way but still worth keeping, are doing themselves a disservice to all ebay sellers, not just themselves. If there's nothing wrong with the item then that seller has just caved to pressure from an intimidating manipulating abusive buyer. I would insist upon receiving the item back, never giving such a discount, unless, as I said earlier, I sold a defective item. 

This up to 50% refund is about receiving an item back NOT in the condition it was sent in. The buyer has returned something, maybe the sent item after they have used it, or maybe they are a scammer and have returned something other than what they received. The seller is still getting hosed for 50%, which is better than nothing, however, as I stated upthread, the buyer can go back through other channels to try to recoup the 50% the seller did not refund. 

Granted payment processors are out of ebay's control. Ebay cannot control when a buyer does a credit card charge back or a paypal dispute. Ebay's dispute process through Ayden is still an unknown to most of us. So legally ebay has granted us something, but much is out of ebay's control. It's just a good idea to look beyond ebay to payment processor claims to understand that upon refunding a buyer 50% or less, the situation more than likely is not over with yet, and the buyer has other means to try to recoup that 50% the seller did not refund. 

Message 74 of 121
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet 

Exactly. What eBay is offering is just a bandage to make sellers think they are protecting them.

In reality, a savvy scammer, or a genuinely wrong and savvy buyer, can take other steps to get their money back.

The worst part is, that sellers may be on the hook for additional fees if a buyer does a charge back.

The eBay policy is just fluff.

Message 75 of 121
latest reply