cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone claiming my items counterfeit

I want my item back can’t just say my items fake and complain then give it back I paid for it and I’m new to eBay I don’t care what your rules are I want my item end of story didn’t even send me anything but a no reply message saying I’m not getting paid ok cool give my bag back 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Someone claiming my items counterfeit

I see you are new. You post is a bit confusing. I am hoping you didn't send the item before you got paid. That is rule #1 on eBay never ship an item until payment is received.

Other may have more advice. However, from the record of the listing you can open an unpaid item dispute, which will have eBay reach out to the buyer to facilitate payment.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Sounds like a buyer stated they wanted a refund for a 'fake' item. You needed to 'respond' to that case and approve a return label, and approve the return, or ebay will simply 'refund' the customer..which sounds like what they did because you did not respond in the time they gave you. 

It does not matter if you don't agree with their rules, you have to read and understand the rules of selling before you list something for sale. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

When you "signed"  users agreement you agreed to eBay policies /rules like them or not

If you intend to continue to buy and/or sell on eBay it is in your best interest to read policies if you have not yet done so.

In regards to your current issue if you failed to respond to case nothing you can do

whenever a buyer complains just accept return and get your item back prior to refunding

Good luck

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@robjar-2746 

When a buyer files an INAD, if you want the item back before refunding, you need to accept the return and pay return shipping.

You might not care what the rules are, but if you did, you would have your item back.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@robjar-2746  

If you're not selling the watch, why are you showing the watch in the box in your photo?

Have a great day
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Are you sure that Rolex box and all the paperwork (with Chinese writing) are authentic? 

Even if the box is authenticm I agree that showing a watch in the listing is misleading. We all know that way too many buyers don't read the listings; they look at the pictures and expect to receive what they see. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Customer feels they have been cheated.  Photos show "watch" inside box.  I am sure they thought they were getting a Rolex watch.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi All

This is my 1st post, i am aware of EBay and how they treat their sellers, well it happened to me. I sold an item with a certificate of authenticity, it was the genuine deal. I checked to see if the buyer had great feedback and she did, so all good. Well 2 days later after she received it she said she wanted her money back as she said it was fake. I said call the numbers on the COA, she basically called me a thief a fraudster, which really hurt. No the item is made of paper and can be copied and the coa. So basically she will copy this item and send the original i hope back to me. I called ebay and after 2 calls they basically said too bad we have favoured the buyer even though i explained its paper and i said she should call the numbers and i asked her to call the police if she believed i was a fraudster. She said in her messages she could not be bothered calling any numbers and would not call the police as they have enough to do, i explained all this to Ebay..its like talking to a brick wall, absolutely gutted and upset, absolutely no protection for sellers, so people be very carful when you sell high priced items. Shame on you ebay.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Shame on Ebay when you didnt follow the criteria for an item not as described complaint? You should have agreed to the return, provided a return label and refunded after return. You could have resold it. You really need to read up on Ebays money back guarantee and learn how to protect yourself if you continue to sell here.Even tho you are in the UK, and this is the US board.And remember that all buyers have positive feedback, because thats all sellers are allowed to give.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"No returns" does not mean no refunds.  All it means is that eBay assumes you don't want the item back when eBay has to intervene and refund a buyer because there was a problem with the item.

I hope these lessons learned will help you with future sales on eBay, but you brought this on yourself, I'm sorry to say:   In the first place, for not learning the basics before trying to sell on eBay  In the second, for your hot mess of a listing.  It shows a watch in the box and all sorts of paperwork which may or may not be relevant to the box, including a paper in Chinese and English from "The Switzerland Watch Company."  

There are all sorts of fake bags and boxes made in China.  I've seen such for Rolex, Cartier, Tiffany's, and Hermes -- and I'm sure there are more.  I guess people buy them for "set dressing" their homes, strewing them about the premises to make people think they're rich.  Beats me.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@wordpress wrote:

Hi All

...  I sold an item with a certificate of authenticity...  

Unfortunately, a "Certificate of Authenticity" is worth the paper it's printed on, if that.  Anyone with a computer and printer can produce COAs, and many do.  The buyer must have had another reason for suspecting the item's genuineness.   You can't say to a buyer:  "You bought it.  Now you prove it's genuine."  

When it's returned to you, take a closer look at the COA yourself, and re-list it when you are are confident of its legitimacy.

But, it's a lesson learned and it should help you in your future sales on eBay.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply