cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Lol I haven't sold a thing in three days (that's a new one on me) and am feeling completely shadowbanned at the moment. 🤣
How's everyone doing?

PS: No need to comment on my individual items and tell me I'm being dumb about this or that listing. Everything sells eventually. 😃

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: Slow Sales Post #291,729

Well if that is the situation someone didn’t plan ahead. 

Message 16 of 179
latest reply

It’s massively down in the jewelry categories that are in a certain price range. Those who are into the Rolex and the other EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED stuff are probably doing ok because they are catering to the rich who CAN afford this. We are normally over about 120, 000 grand in sales a year for what we sell, and this was BEFORE pandemic surge where we sold about 179,000. Right now we are at about 72, 000 in sales, way down compared to last year, BUT we have Christmas coming up so I am holding out for that. Also, with all this competition you better be doing something to give discounts and promote these items or they will not be seen.

Message 17 of 179
latest reply

I spent 38 dollar for a pulled pork sandwich and a pulled pork platter at a barbecue joint a few weeks ago. Not doing that anytime soon again.

Message 18 of 179
latest reply

Wars, and more wars, people feeling very unstable right now, big corps WONT LOWER THEIR PRICES ON NEEDED ESSENTIAL GOODS. 

Message 19 of 179
latest reply

The paradox here is that people will not stop spending and spending on stuff which keeps this economy bad f especially for people in the low to low middle class which is most of us.

Message 20 of 179
latest reply

About once a week I go out to lunch and enjoy it.  They stopped giving a pickle with the sandwich but still do the bag of chips.   

I walked out of the store with less than a bagful and it was near $100 - each item I had bought was $7 and up - olive oil, lbs of burger,  coffee (x3), 4 chicken legs, bottle of vanilla, half pound of raw almonds, etc. etc.    12 items and I'm at $100!  It should be said, none of that is junk food.  Well, maybe a pint of Barts or Soco ice cream

When I lived in NYC I ate out all the time.   I also had lots of intestinal distress.  That just doesn't happen anymore.  

Message 21 of 179
latest reply

You are not alone. Same here....only 2 sales all week...but I must confess that I sell "things people don't need"   I sell antiques and collectibles, back issue magazines and jewelry.... I have been selling a few items on FBMP and I am focusing there right now. I just sold 4 plates for 15.00 and fees were 4.92., that's with my 10% TPS discount. So wow, EBAY must be hurting too. No sales, no revenue for them. Why would they do something to prevent sales? 

However, I feel "INVISIBLE" right now, very low views plus I have sales going on and I am offering 10-15% off on selected item. IT HAS TO BE THE ECONOMY !  

Message 22 of 179
latest reply

Just curious how you show $4.92 in fees on a $15.50 sale.  Was it promoted?   

Message 23 of 179
latest reply

Well, not greed in so much as ebay has lost a certain demographic who probably spent a lot more on here before all this economy stuff happened. They have to compensate some way as we all have to. Some of the other big businesses could lower their prices on certain essential things but why should they while everybody has to have this stuff, especially food and they keep spending. The reports out last week still say everybody is spending and spending. Some might be getting in big debt and then the interest rates on their credit cards are going to kill them eventually.

Message 24 of 179
latest reply

TO "MYFRUGALBOUTIQUE"

I have to comment on your reply, "Again why would EBAY do something to prevent sales, THEY ARE LOSING REVENUE TOO.  Maybe I am naive but just why are they preventing sales from sellers who have previously been selling lots of stuff? Just doesn't make any sense.    

Message 25 of 179
latest reply

@boomersbiz46 wrote:

TO "MYFRUGALBOUTIQUE"

I have to comment on your reply, "Again why would EBAY do something to prevent sales, THEY ARE LOSING REVENUE TOO.  Maybe I am naive but just why are they preventing sales from sellers who have previously been selling lots of stuff? Just doesn't make any sense.    

@boomersbiz46   When looking at one individual Seller then it doesn't make sense but looking at it from the standpoint that they want to increase their Fees per Transaction via PLS or PLA they have 1.7 BILLION listings to play with.  So in theory they can bury, hide, etc huge blocks of Sellers's listings for a time in  hopes that they will cave and jack up their ad rates on PLS or PLA, etc.  

I proved that out with my own testing ... so that is one reason sales drop, decline, etc for Sellers.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 26 of 179
latest reply

@deltilogical 

I hate Walmart, but my husband does the grocery shopping. A 17 Oz bottle of olive oil is $4.67.  We find a big disparity in grocery prices depending on where you shop. Safeway is significantly higher than any store, but people will still shop there.  

I love to eat out, but as I said there is no place that has good food. If we go to Tucson which has some good restaurants, it is an hour home and that isn’t worth it. We also order all our wine from a place in California. Excellent wines are about half the price here. 

Message 27 of 179
latest reply

@boomersbiz46   Because eBay is stupid…that is why. Mr Lincoln said it well…they want you to spend more on PL 

Message 28 of 179
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Thank you. It is all about EBay and their GREED. It boils down to the corporate America and greed. Big business is who is raising your prices people.

Ridiculous!  It's not about sellers being hurt by eBay, it's about lack of buyers.  How many people do you know that shop on eBay, compared to Amazon?

Message 29 of 179
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

When looking at one individual Seller then it doesn't make sense but looking at it from the standpoint that they want to increase their Fees per Transaction via PLS or PLA they have 1.7 BILLION listings to play with.  So in theory they can bury, hide, etc huge blocks of Sellers's listings for a time in  hopes that they will cave and jack up their ad rates on PLS or PLA, etc.  

That's nonsense, conspiracy theory nonsense. PLS and PLA are a drop in the bucket of revenues, compared to FVF's.  It's silly to think eBay would keep buyers from seeing seller listings, and thus cut their main source of revenue.

Message 30 of 179
latest reply