cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Lol I haven't sold a thing in three days (that's a new one on me) and am feeling completely shadowbanned at the moment. 🤣
How's everyone doing?

PS: No need to comment on my individual items and tell me I'm being dumb about this or that listing. Everything sells eventually. 😃

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Your store and listings look good. I think it is the calm before the storm. Once we get past Halloween your going to be fine. You sell toys so you have nothing to worry about. I do not think your being ghosted. Good luck have a good day.

Message 2 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@cyberontix 

Lots of sellers are having slow/no sales right now for many different reasons.  The economy is one of them.  Most people are just purchasing essentials right now, myself included.  It may not be in their budget to purchase things that are not essential. 

I see you're selling toys.  With the holidays around the corner you should do very well, at least that's what I'm hoping for you.  Hang in there.  Tough times don't last, good sellers do!  😉

Happy Sales!

PS Your title of this thread cracked me up...lol

Message 3 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Stop playing politics. It is not the economy. It is eBay. They do not care. Now to move on from the naysayers and answer the posters question.

‘’Yes , sales are down. My sales are always consistently about the same. They have dropped 50%. 

Message 4 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion.

However, how can you say it's not the economy? 

Gasoline costs more.  My utility rates are up.  Almost everything at the grocery store costs more.

Have not ever been a big eBay shopper, but even less now due to the above factors.  And I am pretty sure I'm not alone.  

Message 5 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@myfrugalboutique 

I think it's a combination of a lot of things including what you mentioned and I meant it to be about finance, not politics. Lots of people are struggling these days including myself.  Thanks for your input regardless. 

Message 6 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@cyberontix   Only concerned about the last 3 days?  Please note:

-Since early 2022 and the full launch of PLA and the new Views counting sales have experienced  a slow steady decline

-Consider that only 2 out of the last 18 months have set new sales records, therefore no growth and no sustainability with sales

-Prior to 2022 PLS campaigns once a quarter for about 30 days would yield 2-3 sales per day ... in 2022 that dropped to 1.5 (or less).  Of course eBay's "suggested rates" doubled and tripled so a short 17 days test campaign at rates just higher than their Suggested rates FINALLY yielded the old results of 2-3 sales per day ... sad that things are manipulated that way

-Sell through rate is horrible now, it seems new inventory listings that do not sell in the first 2 weeks get buried and BIN listings suffer the most.

-And no, it is NOT the economy ... while that certainly does not help it is NOT "THE" reason.  If it were then I would be floating in excess inventory acquired at ridiculously low prices

-At the end of the day this seems to sum it up best:

AAA-3-A.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Thank you. It is all about EBay and their GREED. It boils down to the corporate America and greed. Big business is who is raising your prices people. Look at the 1% who pay no taxes. 

Message 8 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@soh.maryl wrote:

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion.

However, how can you say it's not the economy? 

Gasoline costs more.  My utility rates are up.  Almost everything at the grocery store costs more.

Have not ever been a big eBay shopper, but even less now due to the above factors.  And I am pretty sure I'm not alone.  

@soh.maryl   I can easily say it is not the economy because if it were then I would be wallowing in surplus - excess inventory that I acquired at ridiculously low prices and that has not happened once since sales started their slow decline in early 2022.   Does the economy affect sales for certain items?  Sure, but not mine ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Maybe the people struggling have over spent. We are just fine. Nothing has changed. However I know people with two new vehicles, 2 jobs, just added solar, and on and on.  They are struggling. Whose fault is that?

Message 10 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

OK, in your case, evidently you are still making sales so the economy is not affecting you.  Good news for you.

But I'd venture to suggest that there are some categories where it IS the economy that's slowing sales. Perhaps when I reply to such queries in the future, it would be a good idea for me to mention that maybe it depends on what you're selling? 

Message 11 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

The current economy is crap and only getting worse.   I can EASILY spend $100 on a half filled bag of groceries.  Gas is pushing $4 again.   I rarely go out to eat, a stupid sandwich is over $10.   

" new inventory listings that do not sell in the first 2 weeks get buried and BIN listings suffer the most."

Listings should go back to the top of the list when they "renew" each 30 days but they don't, they just get buried.  In my category, there are some sellers who cancel and relist the same overpriced tired material seemingly daily.    I end up looking at the same tired overpriced stuff.   And then they pay to promote it so I see it in the ads also.   I've been seeing the same overpriced cards for years at the top of my search list every day.  Its pathetic.  

Message 12 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

I am in the same slow sales slump. Last year between April and November I believe I averaged at least 25 orders per month. In December I only had around 11.

This year it has been lower. Month by month it has been 22, 11, 8, 6, 7, 10, 9, 10, 3 and so far 4 this month.

I have lowered my prices considerably and am even offering bulk discounts on several items going as high as 50% off the order. 

I am  using another well known site to list large items that would be to expensive to use e-bay for and am not having any luck.

I have tried yard sales and get very lousy turnout with maybe two to five people showing up and am lucky if I sale a couple of cheap items. 

I am getting very frustrated and might try something drastic in Jan. or Feb. of '24.

Message 13 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@deltilogical 

I don’t know what you are putting in your grocery bag, but we eat healthy and fresh and probably spend $150 a week on groceries. (Not counting wine) also we have given up going out to eat because the food is awful. Why waste your money eating out. I get you on the sandwich. We have Uber Eats credits from our American Express cards, and  a Jersey Mikes regular, and it is small..sandwich is $14. Why, because some people would pay it. 

Message 14 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Stop playing politics. It is not the economy. It is eBay. They do not care. Now to move on from the naysayers and answer the posters question.

‘’Yes , sales are down. My sales are always consistently about the same. They have dropped 50%. 

The economy has a lot to do with it.

When you go from having an extra few hundred dollars a month to just barely getting the bills paid, you're not not going to be buying stuff you don't need.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 179
latest reply