cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Grip for a Pistol Restricted and Removed. Why?

I see the same Sig Sauer grip all over ebay but mine is taking down. Why? I live in CA. Does that matter Ebay? I can buy this item in 100s of gun shops across the state.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Simple Grip for a Pistol Restricted and Removed. Why?

anything to do with firearms appears to be a crapshoot on ebay anymore, does not appear to be a standard set of rules, what were they made of? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If eBay took down your listing, what did they say was the reason?  There is always a Message attached to a take-down, and while it reads like a cobbled together string of semi-random thoughts, there actually is info buried in them there pixels.

Another thing to remember is that, with a few exceptions, eBay does not 'audit' or 'review' your listing before posting it.  That would make them just as liable, if someone wanted to sue you over a listing, as you are for posting it in the first place.  So they don't audit/review, with those few exceptions, but rather rely on members to report members who are doing naughty things.  Yes... "naughty things"... because some members are so petty when they report things that they almost seem to be back in daycare and want to make sure the teacher knows you did a naughty thing so they can get a cookie.

But find that Message from eBay and read it again -- they always tell you why, even if it can take a bit to figure out.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Some firearm accessories and parts are allowed, but must follow the strict guidelines. For example, if the pulled listing had international shipping, your part would be removed (if caught). California also has state laws that must be followed as well. Below is the policy link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-accessories-policy?id=4277

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You are lucky the sold rifle stock did not get pulled as well. It does not follow policy either. You are going to have to be very careful now. Once you’ve had an item removed, your subsequent listings will be under even greater scrutiny. 

eBay penalties are cumulative. If a seller gets caught relisting a pulled item, they can lose their selling privileges not too far down the line.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Simple Grip for a Pistol Restricted and Removed. Why?

Because guns are scary.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@rosachs wrote:

Another thing to remember is that, with a few exceptions, eBay does not 'audit' or 'review' your listing before posting it. 

The items they do review are gun related items. I have a 24 -48 hour delay on my listings for gun catalogs, parts lists and other vintage paper before they allow my listings to become active.

I have no clue what the specific review consists of.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply