cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Israel

We have a potential buyer for our product in Israel.  But when the buyer goes to check out, Israel is not listed as an e-Bay destination country.  Anyone familiar with this issue?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Shipping to Israel

Unless you have been hiding under a rock everyone should by now know their is a WAR going on between Israel and The "Palestine" in the Gaza stripe.  

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@artman77 

Israel has strict import laws...can the item be exported?  You might want to check into it. 

Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@artman77 

You DO know what's going on in Israel right now?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You are using ebay international shipping and they do restrict shipping  some items to some countries.  Some of your listings do have shipping to Israel with the EIS but the one that your buyer is looking at must not.  I'm not sure why they do ship some of the artwork that you have but not other pieces, but that is something that they won't tell us or change.  You could suggest that your buyer open an account with a freight forwarder in the US.  You could also ship there yourself via the post office or courier but there may be some risk involved.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Israel was blocked for shipping after 10/7 and has not been unblocked. You can't ship to Israel right now.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Unless you have been hiding under a rock everyone should by now know their is a WAR going on between Israel and The "Palestine" in the Gaza stripe.  

Not poking fun but Gaza stripe??  I hate auto-correct as does this guy. 😀

guilt.jpg

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@worldcoinauctions 

I buy olive wood beads from a vendor in Israel.  Always very generous and kind.  Tried to contact him...no reply.  Hope he and his family are safe.  Thanks for the update.  I don't live under a rock...I still have small children & sometimes don't pay attention to everything at hand in our world.

Happy Palm Sunday to all!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@worldcoinauctions wrote:

Israel was blocked for shipping after 10/7 and has not been unblocked. You can't ship to Israel right now.

That’s incorrect.   In fact your listings do have shipping to Israel via EIS.  I believe that USPS still has service to Israel but warns of delays. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@worldcoinauctions wrote:

That’s incorrect.   In fact your listings do have shipping to Israel via EIS. 

eBay just recently removed Israel from the exclusions list. When I last checked specifically for Israel, it was still blocked sitewide 2 weeks ago.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I realize that it had been blocked previously but as things can often change with EIS  I had checked  when I saw the post.  

Even though EIS does ship to Israel, they probably aren’t having to send many orders there.  They are charging $60 to ship a postcard to Israel and $20 to ship the same postcard to Egypt. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Even though EIS does ship to Israel, they probably aren’t having to send many orders there.  They are charging $60 to ship a postcard to Israel and $20 to ship the same postcard to Egypt. 

Interesting. Is that universal or is that what you're seeing for one specific seller (that may have oversized dimensions on their listing form)?

I tried to check by looking at a couple of postcard listings from different sellers, but as luck would have it, none of them were using eIS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, I was curious so I just checked one of our listings (a single book, not very heavy, I think a 2 lb package), and it shows US $74.31 to ship to Israel, not to mention delivery estimated between Fri, May 17 and Mon, Jun 10!  I would be surprised if anything we have ends up selling to a customer in Israel anytime soon, even though most of what we offer is in the eIS program and should be eligible.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Probably has something to do with the reliability of delivery to Israel right now so eIS is using pricier couriers.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply